Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2014-11-29, 10:20am
addicted to dichro

Default The Art of Encased Flowers in Glass tutorial by Mandy Ramsdell

Thanks to a thumb injury that prevented me from making beads last week I actually got the time to finish this tutorial. Learn to make perfect encased florals before springtime.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2132483..._home_active_1

It is an automatic download in PDF form. This tutorial features a step-by-step walk through with many detailed photos of the process of the bead being made.

One of the most enchanting style of beads, encased flowers are some of the most time-consuming bead styles, but they also have some of the most depth and detail. In my opinion, they take advantage of some of the most wonderful properties of glass. They also allow for many opportunities for creativity and art. This tutorial not only instructs you on how to make an encased floral, but will also give you many creative ideas on how to take your encased florals to the next level. The tutorial will instruct you on how to how to encase quickly and perfectly, how to shape the beads without distorting them, how to control the size and style of your flowers, how to use cubic zirconias in flower centers, how to make vine cane and stamen cane and how to use it, and how to use murrini and incorporate dichroic glass in your encased florals. I also will give you some of my favorite color combinations for flower petals. This tutorial is appropriate for all skill levels, though if you have only just begun lampworking, you may require more practice than someone with more experience. The techniques in this tutorial will work with any torch; in fact, I generally prefer to use a hothead myself.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-12-12, 8:18pm

Just bought this tutorial. Love it! So much detail and great instruction on how to perform the steps. Thanks very much Mandy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-12-20, 7:43am
addicted to dichro

Thank you Dawn!