Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-12-21, 12:46pm

Default The Latest Buzz....my Honeybee Tutorial is ready!

Hi Everyone!

I'm so excited to share that my Honeybee Tutorial is finally ready! I've been waiting for the release of the newest issue of The Flow Magazine as there is a mini version of this tutorial published in the Winter 2009 "Women in Glass" issue! The magazine is now available and for those of you that want the full, expanded version of this tutorial for your collection as well, it's now waiting for you in my Etsy store.

This tutorial contains over 45 photographs and 20 pages that illustrate in simple steps the techniques I use to create these beads! Included are hot tips and a bonus gallery of bee beads for further inspiration.

All glass used in this tutorial is 104 COE and is readily available in most glass supply shops. The tools I use are basic tools that most lampworkers have on hand but can also be purchased in most glass supply shops if needed.

Have fun and Happy "Bee"ding!!

Check out my new DRAGON Tutorial now on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-12-22, 9:39am

Another fantastic Tutorial Kerri !! Thank you so much .. I plan on being very Buzzzzi in the New Year !
Merry Christmas everyone !!
~~

Old 2009-12-22, 5:25pm

Thank you, Lorraine! I'm really looking forward to seeing your bees in the Gallery!!

Old 2009-12-22, 8:31pm
novembersfyre everywhere

This tutorial looks wonderful! I can't wait to try it! It probably won't be until after Christmas, though.

Old 2009-12-23, 5:59pm
The Brighter the Better!

Just bought the last of the tutorials that you had listed! Thank you so much for all your help Kerri. I can't wait to play!!!

Old 2009-12-23, 8:00pm
Sucks at being nice

This tutorial is fantastic! I will hopefully be trying it this weekend. Thank you so much Kerri.

Old 2009-12-28, 9:58am

Thanks Ladies!

I hope you have a lot of fun with your tutorials and that you'll post some pics in the Gallery for us to see! I'll be looking out for your beadies!

Old 2009-12-28, 4:39pm

Kerri, I ordered the honeybee tutorial and received a swift response/download! The printed copy is wonderful with great detail and pictures! Now, if the weather would just get above freezing, I could try to practice making a honeybee bead!!

Thanks so much!
Shirley
Old 2009-12-30, 7:43pm

Hi Shirley!

So glad you are happy with the tutorial. I hope you get some torch time in soon and don't have to wait until Spring!

Happy "Bee"ding!

Old 2010-01-05, 7:37am

Hi everyone!

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm headed to Mauii today for a bit of a vacation and then flying to California to teach at Scarab Glassworks! I'm leaving my Etsy shop open for those of you that want your own copy of the tutorial but please allow up to 48 hours for me to send it since I may not be on the computer every day. Thanks!

Aloha!!

Old 2011-03-12, 3:56pm
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

I'm a little late to the party with buying this wonderful tutorial - here's my honeybee! He still needs some practice - but he's better than my first ones - they all looked like boll weevils.....cute boll weevils, but boll weevils just the same, lol!!!
Attached Images

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2011-03-12, 5:37pm

This is what I did and made a key chain out of it and gave it to a girl at work, her husband has some honey bee hives (for farming) and for Christmas she gave us a jar of some great honey.

J2 Canoe...I think you did great!

Mary
Attached Images

Love like you never have been hurt.
Old 2011-03-12, 6:29pm
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Thanks, Mary - I really like yours. The face on yours is much better than mine. I really need to practice that. I never stuck around long enough to really see what kind of expression they have, lol!!!

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2011-03-12, 9:51pm

Thanks j2canoe! But my grand daughters called my other 5 tries "flies"...so I do know what you mean about the face/head as being the hardest...but your's ARE great.
Mary

Love like you never have been hurt.