Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-05-17, 2:31pm

Anzie - those are awesome! Love the heart especially Thanks for the great feedback and for sharing your photos - it means alot that people are trying the tut and having success with it. I hope you make a lot more of these beads and keep posting pics of them!!

Check out my new DRAGON Tutorial now on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-05-17, 5:34pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Just ordered mine, I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2009-05-17, 9:06pm

I've admired your Beads for quite some time Kerri !! Bought your Tutorial and can't wait to read it and get on the torch !

Also, can't wait to see your Dragonfly Tut !
~~

Old 2009-05-17, 10:18pm

Thank you Nita and Lorraine!

Your tutorials are sent - I hope you have fun with it and that you will post some pictures of your beads!

Thanks again!

Old 2009-05-18, 7:56am
Glassy Broad :-)

Thanks Kerri, I got it, (after some email whoohoo that is)
and I'll be trying this today!!
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2009-05-18, 8:45am

Thanks Kerri !! Just finished reading thru it, looks great ... now to get on the torch and try your techniques !!
~~

Old 2009-05-21, 8:05am

Thank you Nita and Lorraine!

Old 2009-05-22, 12:26pm

Thanks, Kerri. I just got mine. Can't wait to get to the torch!

We have NEW listings on our online
, and
!
Old 2009-05-22, 1:01pm

Got it can't wait till it comes. Thanks I have so admired your style.

Old 2009-05-22, 5:51pm
I speak Murrini!

I got one too! I hope I can pull this off on the Hot Head - at least until the cricket is up and running!

Thanks for offering it!

De in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-05-23, 7:00pm

love your beads-i own several! just bought your raven bead as a gift for my niece- will you do a raven tutorial in the future?
Old 2009-05-23, 8:35pm
glass nerd!

Just curious as to when you will be having your next tutorial out?

Old 2009-05-24, 1:50pm

Wow! Such nice comments - thank you all so much!

To answer some of your questions, yes, I am considering doing a raven tutorial although since the raven is all black I'm not sure if it will photograph as nicely as a colored subject would. I am going to give it a try, however, and see if it will be visible enough. If not, I may do a bird in another color to at least show the same sculpting techniques that I use to make my ravens/crows.

The next tutorial coming up is on how I make my dragonflies. I had hoped to have it ready by now but with my teaching and show schedule this year I'm a bit behind! That said, I'm trying to finish it so I can release it in time for the Bead and Button show in a few weeks time. I will then finish up the honeybee tut with either a raven, swan or other bird tut after that.

If any of you are interested in other tuts from me, please throw some suggestions out there! I'm considering also maybe a landscape tut, owl babies and maybe horses. Other thoughts and suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your tapestry beads ladies!!

Old 2009-05-30, 2:46am
Calendar Girl

Those are beautiful. I just ordered my copy!

Old 2009-05-31, 7:17pm

Personally, I think the Raven would be the most valuable to me. I would prefer to learn how to rely on the sculptural techniques using a single color, rather than simply changing colors for different areas.
Old 2009-05-31, 8:03pm
OBA-Official Bead Addict

Default Awesome, thanks for the class!

I have posted this pic in the "Gallery" section but I have to post again here to say....what an awesome, informative class and the tutorial is so well written!

I learned so much from this tutorial and now I need to PPP...LOL!

Thanks Kerri!

Janet

Old 2009-06-03, 5:58am
Just Bead It

Kerri, great tutorial! I'm so excited about it. I have admired your beads for so long. I am having a problem. For the life of me I can't get my pick to pull out the leaves. I keep it cool like you said but it's not working for me. I thought maybe I wasn't heating enough so I tried that and all that did was melt in the stringer all the way. Am I doing something wrong or is my tool wrong. Its a very pointy bent tool like yours is. Anyone else have this problem. I can pull the leaves with stringers, but would still like to know why my tool won't grab the glass. Any thought?

Tamara Ashlock
Just reopened my Etsy store! Listed lots of beads I've been hoarding...

A-66
Old 2009-06-10, 9:46pm

Hi everyone!

I've been away at the Bead and Button show and am glad I popped in to see if anyone had questions or beads to post and I see there are both!

Great job, Janet! I'm so glad you had fun in the class and that you posted your class bead. I hope you will continue to show us more of your tapestry beads and I would love to see a dragonfly too!

Tamara - is your pick tungsten or steel? Tungsten won't work well for this technique as it's too "slippy" so it must be steel to grab the glass. They look the same so if you aren't sure what you have, use a dental pick or borrow or buy a steel one to see if there is a difference. Let me know how it goes!

Old 2009-06-11, 5:28am
Just Bead It

Thanks Kerri. I'll get another tool.

Tamara Ashlock
Just reopened my Etsy store! Listed lots of beads I've been hoarding...

A-66
Old 2009-06-16, 12:08pm

Thank you Kerri for the great tutorial.

My humble attempts.

We have NEW listings on our online
, and
!
Old 2009-06-16, 3:02pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Helen, those are beautiful!

Jenny

Old 2009-06-21, 6:58am

Hi Helen!

Wow! Thanks for posting your beads! Those are great! I especially love the barrel and the way you wrapped the vines around it. The glass color you chose is lovely - is it Psyche? Keep up the great work!!

Old 2009-06-21, 6:01pm
glass nerd!

Any idea when your next tut will be out? I'm sorry I am just reeeally excited about it!

Old 2009-07-27, 6:51pm
The Brighter the Better!

Hi Kerri, I've wanted this tutorial for the longest time and I finally splurged and bought it!!! Been stalking my email since...I know you are a busy lady but did you get my order on Sunday

Cheers

Jenny

Old 2009-08-01, 8:45pm

I'm getting ready to go buy this tutorial right now, and I can't wait to try it. I was so priveleged to meet Kerri at the Gathering last weekend, and I have to say that she is not only an incredibly talented bead maker, but she is an absolute sweetheart of a person. She was even nice enough to trade one of her incredible dragonfly beads for some of my seashell beads. I can't wait to make a special set of jewlery with that dragonfly.

I thoroughly enjoyed the time I got to spend with her and her friend Stephanie (who is also an amazing bead artist) and I can't wait until she comes to Florida to teach.

Old 2009-09-11, 9:27pm

Hi Becky!

Awe shucks - you are makin' me blush! It was great to meet you too! The Gathering was amazing (wasn't the auction fun? ) and I'm thrilled with our trade. Hope you have fun with that dragonfly!

Old 2009-09-12, 12:17am
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

I have quite a few ideas how I could use these technique and apply it to my beads ... just ordered your tutorial and can't wait to get my fingers on it .

Thanks Kerri for sharing!

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2009-09-12, 4:54am

Hi Kerri love your beads !

There are no tutorials in your shop>....
Old 2009-09-12, 8:52am

Yellowbird....look down in the items offered for sale and don't go by the guide at the top that says zero. There are several offered below ya just gotta look for the picture.
Old 2009-09-12, 11:59am

Thanks Ali Oops
I did manage to find it with your help.