Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-09-29, 11:14am
Cancer SUCKS!

Poor Chrissy. She thought she was done with the hard work when the tut was done.

Hugs,

PS, The link you PM'd me didn't work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-29, 11:36am

I received my copy. Thank you, Christina. I can't wait to try it out.

Minor
Old 2009-09-29, 12:40pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
Ok, i will also have to make a correction i mentioned the wrong thickness argh.
and forgot something else as well.

Thanks to Debbie now i know i fotgot them. lol
Please could you send me a copy of the corrected version? Thanks
Old 2009-09-29, 12:44pm
Tonbodama Murrini maker

i already send all the buyers a corrected version.
if you did not receive it, please send a PM

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-09-29, 1:25pm
Heal with Steel

I just purchased the tut Chrissy and I can't wait to get it. I buy your murrini all the time and love it so I'm sure this tut will be just as awesome!

Thanks for sharing!
Old 2009-09-29, 1:45pm

Wow!

Chrissy just delivered great customer service (the email with my tutorial was blocked by my ISP) AND a really well laid-out, well presented and informative tutorial packed with many tips and techniques for performing skills that I am trying to make part of my 'newbie' repertoire (applying thin stringers and murrini) as well as advanced techniques (champagne and sparkle).

Thank you Chrissy for sharing your secrets!!!
Old 2009-09-29, 2:15pm
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Thank you all so much!!! I don't think i can wipe that smile of my face for days!!!

ok i am of to bed now, all E-books are send.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-09-29, 2:23pm
I speak Murrini!

Good for you Chrissy! You did a spectacular job...you must be exhausted! Sweet glass dreams and may tomorrow bring equal joy!

Warmly,
De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-09-29, 3:12pm
Lover of all things color

I have a huge sheet of brass if anyone is having trouble getting it let me know. Send me a pm with your addy and I'll send you a piece to play with.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-09-29, 3:55pm

Does the revised edition have a source list?
Old 2009-09-29, 5:23pm
Lover of all things color

I don't know, I got mesh and solid brass from Dick Blick art supplies. Not sure if mine are the exact thickness she mentioned thought. I need to go down an check.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-09-29, 11:40pm
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Goodmorning everybody,

I do not have a list of sources. But it should not be really hard to get your key ingredients. I think severald reseller on LE sell them.

For those of you who do not want to search for them. I listed small kits on Etsy for $ 7

This kit has enough to make atleast a dozen of Balls. ( Actually it will be enough to make a whole bunch of Gold Champagne balls, and quite some sparkle balls. The dust comes in a cute Aluminum canister)

I have 5 kits left for now and they will ship free of charge.

Hope this helps.

Please note i live in the Netherlands and i do need my sleep too. I can't be up 24/7 so when i mention that i am going to bed you will not receive your e-book in the next hour or so. Got some pm's so i thought i mention it again

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-09-30, 7:35am
Queen Bee

Well, Chrissy, even though some are still determined to mention what materials you are using in your tut in this thread, it looks like you are selling many of them. Good for you!

Perhaps if you found a good source, you PM might the person asking the question? Or post "please PM me for info" ? As Dee mentioned, it's really not fair to Chrissy after all her hard work to list publicly the materials she uses to get her effects. I'm off to buy a copy for myself!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2009-09-30, 8:28am

May I suggest people delete or edit their posts that reveal the materials Chrissy uses?

Also, the quotes which captured and repeated them?

Wonderful tutorial, Chrissy!
Old 2009-09-30, 8:58am
I speak Murrini!

I think modifying posts which certain pertinent information is a great idea! I want to apologize to anyone who's feelings may have been a bit hurt by my post...I meant nothing mean by them and certainly I have similarly and unwittingly made posts that, on retrospect, have been along the same lines. I sometimes loose myself in my enthusiasm and don't always realize the impact of what I've said until a bit later. I've always been thankful, though, to anyone who was thoughtful enough to give me the "ahem...did you realize...?" type of post or PM, so I hope everyone is back on track and forgiving if necessary.

Also, Missy Chrissy, thank you for posting your "kits" in your Etsy - I got me one! I've had the materials needed in the past but since I simply didn't know what to do with them, I sold them in haste. I appreciate you offering them up to us....

Happy Hump Day,
De

Old 2009-09-30, 9:16am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
I meant nothing mean by them and certainly I have similarly and unwittingly made posts that, on retrospect, have been along the same lines. I sometimes loose myself in my enthusiasm and don't always realize the impact of what I've said until a bit later. De
Unwitting responses are so much a part of life that they're written into movie scripts.

Vinny Gambini: How many fingers am I holding up?
[Mrs. Riley is squinting, trying to see the fingers]
Judge Haller: Let the record show that the counselor is holding up 2 fingers.
Vinny Gambini: Hey, your honor please, huh?
Judge Haller: Oh, sorry.
Vinny Gambini: Now. Mrs. Riley, and ONLY Mrs. Riley.

Yes, I watched "My Cousin Vinny" last night. How'd you know?

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-09-30, 9:43am

I just love the tut. it's a very clearly written and so nice put toghether. The pictures are beautiful, the whole 'ebook' is very handsome. Well taken care of.
So, Chrissy.....
When is your next? LOL!!!
no serious.. you have done a great job! thanks!
Old 2009-09-30, 10:32am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

De, it wasn't really my idea to post teh kits. I got some suggestions and requests for them. But know they are sold out for a third time in a row..... The last 5 were all grabbed by 1 customer.

I have just a little more left, but have to see how many kits i can make before i list them. I will have more next week when my new load of goods comes in.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-09-30, 10:33am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernheimer View Post
I just love the tut. it's a very clearly written and so nice put toghether. The pictures are beautiful, the whole 'ebook' is very handsome. Well taken care of.
So, Chrissy.....
When is your next? LOL!!!
no serious.. you have done a great job! thanks!

Thank you so much, allready talking about a new one huh. I might consider that....

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-09-30, 1:04pm
Knob Creek Glass

I would like some kits when you have some more up. Thank you.
Old 2009-09-30, 1:08pm
Tonbodama Murrini maker

ok, i just listed 5 more. Please do not take them all, let others have a chance too.
I will have more but not right now.

Thanks
I am off to bed.

Thanks everybody!!!

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-09-30, 2:07pm

I love the tutorial, Chrissy. It's very addictive and I spent all of my time making the balls yesterday. Yikes blurry, sorry. I even put a butterfly on one for BOC
Attached Images

Old 2009-09-30, 2:43pm
I speak Murrini!

Yay, Pat! Beautiful...thanks for showing!

De

Old 2009-09-30, 5:17pm

Hi,

Sent you 2 pm's. I ordered yesterday, but still no tut - please help, I want to play with sparkley balls

Thanks.
Old 2009-09-30, 5:23pm

Default tutorial

Hi - Same here - I ordered last night around 7:00 est - could you check to make sure you got my order? Thanks - looking forward to it!! Jeanne
Old 2009-09-30, 7:45pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Good I am not the only one without a tut. I ordered yesterday and thought I would play today but no luck.

Old 2009-09-30, 8:02pm

Make sure you look in your scam mail. Rememb er she is across the pond in the Netherlands.
Old 2009-09-30, 8:13pm

Pat,

Good tip, but darn it's not there either. I know Chrissy has been swamped and hopefully she will get through the pm's and track these down soon. Like Jahersh I ordered around 7pm est yesterday.

Thanks.
Old 2009-10-01, 12:14am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

I always answer the pm's before i go to bed. I even answer and resend the e-book within an hour.

If you have a Yahoo or Comcast temail that is the issue. They both seem to block my e-mails.

i will no go and reply to all your e-mails individually.

PAT, YIKES you are now officialy addicted!!! I love them and the colors you used.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-10-01, 4:19am
Knob Creek Glass

I really want some of those kits! I missed them again! I will check back once you have a breather Chrissy. I love the tut!