Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2010-08-23, 5:02pm

Default Show of hands, website design, hosting, etc.???

HELP, again please. Who do I want to use to do the whole web site thing? I've put it off for ten years and figured if I were ever gonna do it, now might be the time, LOL. I'm not getting any younger, smarter or cute. Groan.
So please, help me, who do I use, Pappashop, GoDaddy, private service? Who have you liked and had NO trouble with. (grin)
I just need the basics, with a shopping cart.
Thank you for your time and advice, I am tired of letting this task get the best of me. Wishing you all the best. Beth
Old 2010-08-23, 6:53pm

http://www.treasurewebdesigns.com/
Look around here and see the sites they made.
Canadian I think.
Katie
Old 2010-08-23, 6:56pm

Beth, I feel exactly the same as you do. I know I need to do a web site but I don't know where to begin. I don't want to waste time making a lot of mistakes so I would appreciate the advice too.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Debbie
Old 2010-08-23, 7:45pm
Experimentalist

I use prostores, but they are not the cheapest. They're just easy (for me).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-08-24, 6:19am
Cats & Glass!

Beth, I can help you if you're interested. I'm pretty full-service and have done a lot of artist websites. PM me even if you just want advice.

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2010-08-24, 7:58am
ManBearPig

I'll be glad to help. I've been designing and maintaining web sites for 10 years.

I've actually just started my own business doing graphic/web design. More info at: www.brokenspokedesign.com

Old 2010-08-24, 10:55am

Thank you guys, just getting back to read your thoughts and suggestion. They all are full of good information. I am going to sit down and make some choices. Again, thank you all, and I'll post what I figure out.
Since I opened my studio to the public, I am ask everyday, "Do you have a website?", never had face to face customers like this before. So getting face to face feedback from them is interesting. I am finding that the people I sale to here, in real time, want a way to follow up and shop for more. Many are seasonal and tourist so that also makes a difference for me. I ask them had they considered shopping on Ebay for glass and they've told me they do not want to sign up and shop there, too overwhelming. They want to find someone or a style they like and follow that. Interesting to me. I am finding out our/my customers all have different shopping styles and outlets they are comfortable with. I'm also finding out they love to have a 'connection with the artist'. This seems to be a big deal with many of the folks I see. Learning everyday.
Old 2010-08-24, 11:06am
ManBearPig

A lot of people don't want to mess with Etsy or Ebay and would rather just buy directly from a particular person. These days, not having a web site is severely limiting your customer base.

If I can help, please let me know...

Old 2010-08-24, 1:10pm

I have had my eyes opened Cosmo my friend. And I thank you so much for your offer of help. I'll pass you a note and pick your brain on what you like and don't. Again, thanks all.
Beth
Old 2010-10-02, 5:04pm

Hi Beth! Thanks for asking this question. I made my own site a while ago but its not up and running right now. I was emailing a woman (non LE member) back and forth for the longest time but she seemed to have disappeared. I really want to get something cranked up again.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2010-10-04, 10:45am

Hi Beth!
This is a wonderful question! I'm basically computer illerate, & just putting photos on my Etsy site is a challenge that I'm dealing with. (still in the learning phase.) I hope you get lots of great info, as I need all the help I can get from people in the know.
Take best care,
ginger