LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2006-11-17, 10:23pm
Trying to Hope!

Default betta torches on an oxy con

I am so new to all of this its really kinda scary I am thinking of getting a new torch after christmas I need something that can run on an oxy concentrator and will do soft glass but be okay with boro if i decide to do it later. Currently I am on a hot head with a bulk tank of chemtane 2 and it just keeps making everything I work with for a longer time scummy looking. I( heard the betta was designed to work on low psi of gas and oxygen will it work well on one concentrator? and does it work well for someone who is just starting meaning is it user friendly easy to clean easy to set up start ect. Thanks guys and gals If this isnt the torch for me then what would be a good starter torch for me to use that takes both gases and is easy to use
Old 2006-11-18, 12:02am

I have a Pirrhana and run it with 1 refurbished oxycon and it does great! Since the Betta is supposedly designed to be better at running on a lower psi of oxy, I don't think you should have any problems with soft glass.
Carol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-11-19, 1:32pm

I went from the Hothead to the Betta with 1 oxycon (Airsep) I run it with @2psi propane and 41/2lpm on my concentrator. Its plenty of heat for soft glass and the learning curve from the hothead was easy and short! I haven't tried Boro but am sure it would be no problem for small to medium beads. And for larger work you could always add a 2nd concentrator. I love this torch!
Mary T.l
Old 2006-11-20, 8:47am

I run Betta on 1 concentrator and line pressure NG. It's fine for small to medium sized beads, a bit slow on what I would consider a honker. I don't make big beads that often (over 1 3/4" long X 1 around"), but I use tanked O2 if I plan to do big stuff.

Robert