LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-12-20, 8:38am

Hi Dawn!

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback! I hope you'll post some of your beads!

Check out my new DRAGON Tutorial now on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-01-05, 7:38am

Hi everyone!

I posted this notice in the Honeybee Tutorial thread but am putting it here too just in case you didn't read the other thread.

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm headed to Mauii today for a bit of a vacation and then flying to California to teach at Scarab Glassworks! I'm leaving my Etsy shop open for those of you that want your own copy of the tutorial but please allow up to 48 hours for me to send it since I may not be on the computer every day. Thanks so much!

Aloha!!

Old 2010-06-15, 7:24pm

Hi Kerri,
I had a high school friend contact me yesterday. We've been friends since grade three (196. She asked me if I could make a special bead for her.

She told me that a few years back her younger brother committed suicide, leaving behind his wife and two young children. Since that time, my friends sister in law has raised the children on her own, and not only that, she went back to school and earned a masters degree.

My friends sister in law has also spent many years working with native youth at risk.

My friend is so proud of her sister in law for working towards and receiving her masters degree. She has over come so much adversity. She remembered seeing my native themed beads and thought it would be a perfect gift to give her sister in law.

She described her sister in law to me and all that she does for the native community. So I really wanted to maker her something special. I thought of my arrowheads and thought of my prayer feather beads but I wanted something more. So I thought I would combine my prayer feather beads with one of your raven beads.

So I went to purchase your tutorial but you were away at the bead and button show. So I decided to see if I could just wing it and buy the tutorial from you when you return.

So here are my results. Not the best, not having a tutorial to follow but I was still pretty proud of it.

The raven on the front and on the back a healing medicine wheel with a prayer feather and a branch to offer peace and friendship.
Together I thought they tell a story of a very brave and giving women.

I hope you like my results.
I know I didn't change up the look of the raven side of the bead all that much but it was only my first time and I'm not selling it. It's a gift. I would never copy exactly and sell. Just so you know. Plus I thought the scene was perfect as it is, the way you created it.
Attached Images

Old 2010-06-15, 8:17pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Looks amazing Shari. You did an awesome job. She's going to be so pleased.

Ebay:
Old 2010-06-16, 6:03pm

Thank you!

Old 2010-06-16, 11:38pm

Shari,the bead and your words brought tears to my eyes.She is going to love it.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripz
Old 2010-06-17, 12:45pm

thank you Karen. My friend showed it to her sister, her sister commented that she became very emotional when she seen it.

So I hope the sister in law receiving it feels the same way. Now they want me to present it to her, they want to bring her out to my studio. I feel so honored.

Old 2010-06-17, 9:07pm

The bead is very special Shari,,,and so are you.I feel honored to have seen the bead
and heard the story and have contact with you the creator.She is going to be moved
in alot of different ways.Gotta go ,I'm tearing up lol. Later.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripz
Old 2010-06-17, 10:58pm
MacGalver

Very beautiful, sis!

Old 2011-02-22, 2:41pm

Thank you, Dawn! I hope you are still having fun with it!

Old 2011-03-13, 5:31pm
im Loving it!

I had a play today (bead in the kiln still), one of the problems I had was my black was going metalic looking. I am using the right one for the tutorial.

I wondered if it was because my gas is running low or I'm using a HH? Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Jen

PS lovely tut Kerri, really enjoyed putting my own spin on it

Old 2014-11-22, 1:19pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Argh! I went to finally go get this tutorial and Kerri has her shop in vacation mode.

Hurry Kerri!

Old 2015-01-14, 12:30pm

Hi everyone!

I'm back!! My Etsy shop is open once again with all my tutorials available as well as my new Dragon tut! I'll be releasing the Eagle tutorial very soon and three more in the weeks ahead!

Old 2015-01-14, 12:35pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Wooo hoooo!!!

Old 2015-01-14, 1:58pm

looks like perhaps the link to annealer mag was hacked?? When I click on the annealer magazine's site link provided in first post , I get a Chinese version something......love the bead!!

Last edited by nevadaglass; 2015-01-14 at 2:00pm.
Old 2015-01-14, 4:15pm

Oh dear! Thanks for letting me know. I'll send a note to check it out.
I'm glad you like the bead. Thank you!

Old 2015-01-14, 5:46pm

I get Chinese or whatever, also when I click the pdf link..

Love the bead. Have to go check out the tutorials.