Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-10-24, 12:48pm
boro color bender

Talking I'm melting awesome colors at ABR... here are my picks...

I'm at ABR today having fun melting the experimentals they have here... thought I'd share the love and tell you about a few I wouldn't miss... I'll update more as I get to them.

Bill and Ted's Excellence is a killer silver blue... reduce heavily and then encase. It's wonderful!

Criptonium looks to be a promising sparkle

Galactic Dragon Fire is awesome!

Yellow Saphire is dreamy!

Sub Orange is a great stable tranparent orange...

The Darkness has definitely got my attention.

Here's a few... I'd call Ross and grab some if you want it. The quantities I'm looking at aren't very much.

I'll share pics when I can... gotta run.

PS- he has a little of the Momka Violet Hue... or what ever that new one was. It's a really cool color. Super easy to get results from.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-10-24, 2:01pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Did you get anything good out of "You're in a Nation"?
I got some of that based on the pics but it looks nothing
like that creamy ivory shade there. It's this transparent
yellow. I'm renaming it "Urine Nation" unless I get some
better tips on working it and it comes out a different shade
than pee.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-10-24, 3:15pm

Wheeee...that's great to hear. I'll be there tomorrow. Can't wait!!!!
Samma

Old 2008-10-24, 4:22pm
Spoiled

Man, wish I would have waited a couple days to order, you could have threw some goodies in the box.

Actually, I wish I was there playing.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-10-24, 8:00pm
boro color bender

Karen.... it looked like pee, so I didn't melt it. I'll give it a shot and see what I can figure out for you.

Samma, see you in the morning. We'll be there about 10...

Aimee, I so wish you and Matt were here. Stop by and get Corri and head on over. We'll have lots of fun!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-10-24, 8:03pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

They need to make more Loki's Lipstick.
I'm having tons of fun with it!

Old 2008-10-24, 9:42pm
Borovangelist

That Sub Orange sounds fun

Someone's orange....Momka's maybe(?) blows out transparentish, but is pretty opaque when solid. A nice Orange Crush colored transparent would be lovely.

|
|
Old 2008-10-24, 10:03pm
Bliss Junkie

dont see the sub orange on the site ;-(

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-10-25, 11:04am
funny mofo

"You're In A Nation", huh? I'm surprised the name passed the marketing smell test (pun intended... sorry ). They must be aiming it at someone who isn't me.
Old 2008-10-25, 5:49pm

Wheeeeeeeeeeee...we had the best time today. It was a great class with lots of fun peeps. I had to come home and torch. Fun stuff!!!
Samma

Old 2008-10-25, 9:04pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
They need to make more Loki's Lipstick.
I'm having tons of fun with it!
I'm loving Loki too! Easy beautiful fuschia, but the *&^% haze is starting to bug me. For some reason, I can't get rid of it.

Old 2008-10-26, 4:33am
boro color bender

Well, the Urine color went clear.... it was a nice seeded clear. Lots of bubbles in that pee. I threw it in the kiln, so we'll see if the yellow came back.

Criptonium is a nice satin sparkle. Worked well and looks good encased in a transparent.

I'll try to play more today... the stuff I made went through the kiln yesterday, so I'll get to see it this morning. Will report back later.

Samma, it was awesome meeting you and spending the day with somebody as passionate about glass as you are. Can't wait to show you more cool stuff today.

Susan, turn down the propane if haze is giving you fits. I sure do wish the Loki box wasn't empty... it's taunting me and telling me I was too late to get in on the fun.

Old 2008-10-26, 7:10am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Susan, turn down the propane if haze is giving you fits. I sure do wish the Loki box wasn't empty... it's taunting me and telling me I was too late to get in on the fun.
Hey, thanks for the awesome tip Mr. Smiley!!!

I emailed Ross a few days back to find out if they'll get more Loki; he said maybe but it would be regular pricing. It's a great pink - I'm hoping it becomes a regular production color!

Old 2008-10-26, 4:55pm

OHMYGOSH, ya'all. Today was awesome. I learned so much...made a bunch of pookie pieces, but it's in my head...that's what counts. If my arms weren't so tired, I'd be torching right now . Took a vaca day tomorrow...sneaky huh??
Thanks so much Brent...it was a true joy learning from you.
Samma

Old 2008-10-26, 8:56pm

Yay Sam! I new you would enjoy Brents class. He's the bomb. Can't wait to see what you made.
Old 2008-10-27, 9:11am
Patti

Brent and Ross are wonderful! I'm really new to lampworking and I feel like I made some big gains this weekend. Learned I love the color of boro glass more than the others. Brent was patient with me and my husband and we learned tons. I'm still in information overload. Ross went above and beyond for the group too. Now if we could just get some heat in that place. I think I lost five pounds from trying to stay warm so maybe lack of heat wasn't so bad. Can't wait till Brent gets his video out. Again, thanks Brent and Ross for a wonderful weekend. You guys ROCK!!

"Different Strokes for Different Folks" - Sly and the Family Stone

Last edited by clutter73; 2008-10-27 at 9:16am.
Old 2008-10-27, 10:02am

Pictures I want pictures anyone anyone
Old 2008-10-27, 10:11am

Hi all!
Paul is playing right now as I type...he is playing hookie from the J-O-B too...don't tell!!
Thanks Brent and Ross for letting me hang out the last couple hours-so much fun and Paul keeps talking about how much he learned and can't wait to practice.
Got lots of great new tools and glass too!
Jennifer
Old 2008-10-27, 1:17pm
boro color bender

Thank you everybody for the kind words. I had a great time. You were all wonderful to work with... I can't wait to see what you make, so don't forget to share your progress with us.

The Your in a Nation color looks great after it went through the kiln. It turned into a nice Peachy creamy color... nothing at all like it looked in rod form or after working it... I picked some up and there wasn't much left.

Again, I had a blast at ABR. Ross and crew are so accommodating and generous. It's a great place to take a class or teach a class. Will be back next year!

Old 2008-10-27, 1:45pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

"Its always tease tease tease"

Can we have some pictures please?

(or I may continue to sing)

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2008-10-27, 3:18pm
boro color bender

I played with some today, so I'll snap some pics tomorrow.

Old 2008-10-27, 3:38pm

Today I played with Galactic Dragon Fire and was very please at how it worked so easily. I fine it similar to Amber/Purple but very easy to burn the haze off and strike.
I have one in the kiln that is again not a great piece but promised to show the color off.

Hi to the Coach and all my classmates We sure had a great time.
Samma <---who made a twistie with absolutely NO haze it it today...yeah!

Old 2008-10-27, 4:32pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
The Your in a Nation color looks great after it went through the kiln. It turned into a nice Peachy creamy color... nothing at all like it looked in rod form or after working it... I picked some up and there wasn't much left.
Just out of curiosity, would you please let me know what's the kiln schedule you had that on?
I'm wondering if I need to tweak mine to get that peachy color.

Old 2008-10-27, 4:39pm
boro color bender

It went in at 1075 for like all day.

Can't wait to see your twisty creations Samma.

Old 2008-10-28, 9:18am
Button Queen

The Darknes...???? I don't remember seeing that... dang...

I did nab a bunch of the experimentals. Unfortunately have NOT had the time to do anything with any of them. Corporate job gets in the way. And I'm frantically trying to get all the last-minute stuff together for a show this Saturday.

But I had a BLAST in class, and hope to be able to play a bit on Sunday...
Old 2008-10-28, 9:29am
boro color bender

Awe man... I forgot to get some of The Darkness... it looked like dark glass in a box. Nothing cool happened until I melted it... and I almost didn't bother melting it. I'll have to get Ross to send me some if there's any left. I need to order more stuff soon any who.

Have fun torching Barbara... it was a real pleasure meeting you and putting a smile to the posts.

Old 2008-11-02, 8:39pm

Photos??

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-11-03, 6:33am
boro color bender

Sorry, I was slackin...

Sub Orange. It's a self striking orange. It goes clear like Elvis, but it doesn't go livery like the regular oranges. Very nice and it just glows!

Your in a Nation... work clear and stays clear until a longer soak at 1075. It can be pulled out before it gets this milky... nice peachy cvolor. I like it.

Bill and Ted's. Not my best example, but it's the only one I have to photograph. It's a nice blue and is a variation of Blue Amber Purple as far as I can tell... looks great reduced and then encased. This was heavily reduced. I like it with a bit less reduction better.

Old 2008-11-03, 3:01pm
Spoiled

Terrible, just terrible. I can't beleive you would even post pictures of such crap, you should probably just remove the pics and send the hearts to me for disposal.

Just kidding, they are look cool. I really like the Nation, very pretty and Bill & Ted's looks awesome.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-11-03, 3:17pm

Beeeeeeee-uuuutiful, Mr. Smiley!!! Those are so cool Like the last one, especially!