Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-08-14, 7:08am
<--misses Austin buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
Hey Becky

I was looking forward to meeting you at GS and was bummed when you couldn't come

Throwing an event like GS in your own back yard has got to be so much easier than traveling halfway across the US !! Looks fun

I don't think I"ve ever been to St. Louis....
*I* was so bummed to have to back out of GS. It was just not a good economy year for the hubby and I to make it happen you know? RATS! It STILL makes me sad... anyway...

this event is gonna be a BLAST but totally unlike GlassStock I'm sure. Hopefully next year I'll get another chance to do GlassStock! I hope I hope I hope!

I think from Oregon - you just head East until you hit Minnesota then turn south... lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-14, 7:11am
<--misses Austin buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallypilot View Post
The Hampton we're staying at is only 5 minutes from Becky and Carl's and 20 from the third degree. Thursday's room was pricey but then dropped 50 bucks for the weekend. If Nori and Jerry from Retro Glass Tools make it down, then we'll more in likely split it again like we did in January. I'd be looking at rooms now to reserve (you can always cancel) and get summer rates before Labor Day

Just my 2 cents worth.... can I have my change now.... lol
Two of the hotels I am looking at are closer to me - bcuz the business district at Westport usually has cheaper rates for the weekends.
I am waiting on hearing back from the hotels for group rates.
Hopefully by Monday we'll know something.

Never can start too early Super J!
Goodonya!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-14, 7:12am
<--misses Austin buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kate View Post
Becky - are you working on getting us group tatoo & piercing rates too?
Iron age IS just down the road! We all got 50% off our nose piercings at the lake - I think I could work a deal... lol

Old 2008-08-14, 7:13am
<--misses Austin buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami View Post
I love the hotel idea. I think an important factor would be which one had a bar.
I would NEVER consider putting my friends up in a hotel WITHOUT a BAR!
I DO have standards you know Jami! LOL

Old 2008-08-14, 9:23am
Julie Nordine

Cool Becky!! Thanks for working that out for us. It just makes sense... the hotel thing. Those are going to be LONG days... fun, fun, fun... but can you imagine having to drive home... 20 minutes, 30 minutes, whatever... each night ... late because you stayed for open torch... or maybe you leave early& miss out on open torch (like I did @ the Gathering, bummer) because you're wiped & know you have a drive ahead of you??? ... then getting up @ the crack of dawn to get yourself ready (& maybe take care of your kids, feed the dog, etc??) & back to Third Degree early for breakfast (which I suppose you could skip) each morning?

As far as location goes... I'd vote for the closer the better. Even if it's a little bit more $$, splitting a double queen room w/ 4 others would make it really reasonable. Mallory & I stayed about 10 miles away from the Bead & Button Show in June because I had hotel points I could use by the airport... but darn-it, it would've been really nice to be able to just walk across the street to the hotel that the majority of people were staying in... and it wasn't even about missing out on what everyone else might've been doing... but we were just so wiped by the end of the day.... & we were just shopping!!

Either way... whatever gets worked out, Becky & Libby, I'm along for the ride. This is gonna be awesome.

..........................FINGERPRINTS ARE OVERRATED!
What have you done today to make yourself proud?
keep it positive...practice patience...believe in yourself...learn from your mistakes...be there for others
Old 2008-08-14, 9:41am

I sooooo want to go to this! I have to talk to the DH! We haven't taken a vacation in 2 years, so maybe I can talk him into it!

Old 2008-08-14, 10:09am
make beads not war

Come on down Rachel!!!
Old 2008-08-14, 10:14am
Dead man walking

I have my hotel booked, I'm rocking and rollin at the Courtyard downtown.
Old 2008-08-14, 10:55am
Smooches!

I think we all need to be as close to 3rd degree as possible - like 5 minutes away! Otherwise, I know I'd just drive on home.

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-08-15, 7:52am
<--misses Austin buddies

Thanks for piping in with your preferences... totally makes sense!
Will be working on shoring all this up today!
Feb can NOT get here fast enough - FOR SURE!!!! lol

Old 2008-08-16, 4:35am
on hiatus...

Finally, I signed up! Whoohoo...
Old 2008-08-16, 9:19am
<--misses Austin buddies

whoo hoo Steph!!!!!!!

Old 2008-08-20, 1:14pm
Snow Flake Glass Lady

It's ABOUT TIME Steph!

Is it May yet?
Peggy

droolin' on my mini cc with canned propane and an oxygenator

Old 2008-11-11, 10:18am
jeannekimber

Default Hotels for MGE

I could sure use info on accomodations in St. Louis. Would be interested in sharing a room (female) someplace close to the factory. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Jeanne