Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

View Poll Results: If I were trying a new type of glass, I'd prefer
A large variety pack with one each of the most possible color 27 26.47%
A choice of four less expensive, smaller variety packs so I can just get colors I like 36 35.29%
I don't care how big it is, just make sure I know which color is which. 25 24.51%
I never buy variety packs 26 25.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-05, 2:03pm
Moving On

Default If you were going to try a new type of glass...

by buying a variety pack, would you rather have available to you a pack with about 20 rods (different colors) (about 1 lb), possibly available in 2 different assortments?
or
10 different rods (around 1/2 lb), possibly available in 4 different assortments?

Does it totally depend on price? It would for me (as a customer). Particularly for the first purchase.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-09-05, 2:14pm

For me, 10 rods in 4 colour assortments. Yes price is important but I'd probably end up with 1lb anyway by going for more than one of the colour options, but with just the colours I want.
Old 2013-09-05, 6:48pm
Mr Brutus RIP

I usually buy what I like. If I'm unsure then I write the seller. Like at Salt City Glass, they filled me in on some glass types and what I could do as a beginner and I ordered (they are awesome) I have so much odd glass rods that I purchased when I first started cause I bought everything and now it just sits there. Now I buy what I use regularly and then if I like a special color or colors of something else (like CIM) I will just buy what I know I will use....I have about 5 cim colors only.
BTW I absolutly LOVE your glass colors, everything is SO beautiful, with beautiful pinks!!
Thank you!!
Sue

Old 2013-09-05, 7:13pm

I never buy less than a pound of a color...takes me that long to figure out what it does and if it plays nice with everybody.

Andrea
Old 2013-09-06, 12:15am
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

I seldom buy variety packs because i like picking my own colors and the packs don't seem like they are cost effective. But if variety packs were more tailored, I'd be interested. It would be cool to offer for example, a neutral palette-the whites, creams, greys, beige, black; a reactive palette with all the striking colors; a metallic reduction palette; a jewel-tone transparent palette; a primary brights palette (which i would never buy but some people will love), and so on.

Old 2013-09-06, 2:10pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

How difficult would it be logistically to offer a "Build-Your-Own" Variety pack and then base the price on what is picked?
Old 2013-09-06, 2:14pm
Moving On

Quote:
How difficult would it be logistically to offer a "Build-Your-Own" Variety pack and then base the price on what is picked?
I'm already happy to do that on my site
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. I'm actually trying to come up with a variety pack that I can sell wholesale (i.e., that studios would want to buy to retail to their customers). I'd PREFER to wholesale individual colors by the pound, but the distributer wants to start out with some sort of pack. I'm thinking about putting together a 10 rod specialty pack of exclusive cane (that I won't carry on my site). Maybe.

Old 2013-09-07, 2:33pm

I would buy that. 10 rods of the most popular colors. I DO know how much time goes into making a variety pack though. LOL! I like big variety packs so that I can try as many colors as I want before ordering more.

If you are wholesaling to people like me please let me know! Thanks! Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2013-09-10, 4:25pm

I have been considering this the last few weeks. hmmmm. Still pondering.

Quote:

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-09-10, 7:16pm

just bought a pack of one rod of everything that Northstar makes. Guess we know how i will vote.
Old 2013-09-11, 4:30am

Hi Gail! So...are you planning on introducing a new glass line?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2013-09-14, 8:33am
sunscreen me baby

I want it all. I have 2 big bundles on my shelf of gaffer and reichenbach 104 that I pull certain colors from when I'm searching for just the right shade. I love having the label so I can order more of the ones I love.

~

Old 2013-09-14, 2:12pm

I'd go for the 10 rod assortments. I love buying assortments when I'm trying something new. It's a great way to get the feel for the glass and to decide which colors you like enough to reorder.

Old 2013-09-19, 4:48am
Melody of Glass

I like the assortments. I have both an Effetre and a CIM sample pack. What I particularly love is that I almost always have at least a rod of colours people use in tutorials when I'm trying them out. Labels are a must-have on the variety pack.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-09-23, 5:58pm
state-eternal change

As long as the rods are decently sized (not stringer-sized), I don't mind purchasing sample packs. I love the packs that I got from you, Gail (and yes, they were nicely sized rods
)!