Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-01-24, 1:50pm
In search of her path....

Default Question for Jack from Unlimited Oxygen!!!

Hi Jack!

I was lucky enough to be able to purchase one of your M15 units from another glassworker recently. They had it professionally packed and it was packed by mailboxes etc VERY well. However UPS TOTALLY dropped kicked it at some point on its journey. MBE had it marked not only fragile but EXTRA Fragile and it specifically had instructions not to drop use on conveyors etc....and even had up arrows.

Can you give me any idea how much it will cost to have it repaired?
I am loading pictures to show what was damaged that you can see. It runs still but the pressure coming out of it doesnt feel like 15psi to me at all. So I didnt want to run it any more than I had to, to see if it would work.

I live about 2.5-3 hours away from your place so I could possibly drive it down there to be repaired and bring it back if I could do that all in one day.

Thanks Jack!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prints for sale in my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Old 2009-01-24, 1:54pm

Oh geez....Now I'm totally scared! I just ordered one
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'd get that thing to UPS and totally give them hell for it!

Old 2009-01-24, 1:58pm

Holy cow... was it insured??

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2009-01-24, 4:09pm

Wow! I always said there is no defense against these shippers. I can fix it for you though. From the pics I can see the belly pan and castors are shattered. If you like, you are welcome to bring it down and I will fix and test to make sure there is no other damage. Of course, I would'nt think of charging you for their negligence(Im sure I mis-spelled that). You can call me 866-955-0200 and let me know when you would like to come to the shop. We will make it all better. jack

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2009-01-24, 4:20pm
birdergirl ~o~

Why "post" this here instead of calling Jack directly and asking him?
How would you know how frequently he checks in here?
Just curious.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2009-01-24, 5:10pm
In search of her path....

I need a cost estimate and if I have it here I can easily print it off and share it with the shipping agent. Right now they want to pay for the repair (insured through ups) which is fine. It was insured but for the amount I bought it for which was less than what it costs to replace it new.

As you see jack responded fairly quickly. I do appreciate that. I also just wanted to share what happens when things ARE packed right. This happened and it was packed correctly and properly.

I didnt buy the unite directly from jack but from another glassy person. The person I purchased it from had it packed by Mailboxes etc. They did an excellent job of packing this damage was definately from UPS manhandling the box.

I just wanted to make sure that #1 it was fixable #2 the cost estimates #3 if the damage could have damaged anything else.

I could have called Jack yes but my schedule allows me easier access to LE and the time needed here and PICTURES are a much better indicator of damage than me trying to explain it to him over the phone. The forums are the easiest method for me. I rarely email because frankly it just gets lost or misfiled or etc etc.

I also really dont understand why I should be questioned on why I posted this here?
Its a UO product, UO is who I will need to take it to, to get it fixed...I am lucky enough to live close enough that if needed I CAN drive it down there and have it fixed.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-01-24, 5:14pm
birdergirl ~o~

Sorry it was really NOMB

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~