Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-05-16, 6:02pm

Default New Shipping Calculator!!

I'm excited. I finally have a decent shipping calculator on my site. It's still a work in progress as all the kinks get taken care of but it's up there now for you to use.
It was like Goldilocks and the Three Bears....some of you were paying too much, some of you were paying too little and some were just right.
I ate hundreds of dollars a month in shipping because of the lack of control the site had before. So this is really exciting to me.
There has been one major change though that I need to mention.
Insurance is now your choice.
I paid for insurance on every order that came through since the start of this business. I would rather pay for it than a customer not getting it. Cheaper to pay for insurance than to replace an order.
I also shipped priority mail for everyone as well.
But due to the recent separation of my husband and I...I can no longer do this as I now have more bills added into my life. My sister in law was here for a week and got me reorganized. She helped me with my life, my business and to basically act as my accountant.
She's seeing things that I never had time to notice. How much I ate in shipping and insurance was unbelievable. I'm saddened that I can't do it anymore because I understand how high it is to ship items sometimes but I have to do this.

So there is a button on my site where you can add insurance to your order.
Please remember that it IS optional but I can NOT guarantee an order without it. You can also choose between parcel or priority mail now too.
I am hoping to have UPS on their as well for an option but were working on setting up an account now. It might be a bit longer.
Thanks so much!! The journey begins
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Reenie; 2008-05-16 at 6:06pm.
Old 2008-05-17, 12:58pm
I speak Murrini!

Good job, Irene! I think you're doing the right thing...and as generous and considerate as you have been with covering insurance on your orders, I think it's a smart business move to have this as a customer-chosen (and paid for!) option. I've never had a problem with shipping from you - you always do a great job packing and safely shipping - but like you say, the little extra to INSURE that the we have recourse if the Postal Service decides to choose OUR package as their object of agression for the day is a safe and sane idea.

Take care, baby!
DeAnne

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro