Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-04-10, 5:34pm
Susan

Default Good Idea or a Bad Idea

I am working to get my website back up and running and I was thinking of adding a new category to my bead lists "Bargain Basement". I was thinking that here would be where I would list my out of date beads, my experiments and low priced beads with imperfections in them. When I was doing bead shows I was keeping a bowl of beads for a low price on the table and it usually paid my table fee. These are always beads that are physically sound but typically had a defect in the encasing or wonkiness that I felt made it a lesser bead. People grabbing these up didn't care. So my aim with the website would be to show a photo of the bead, possibly a photo of the defect and/or description.
Does this seem like a good idea or bad idea? Has anyone run into problems with doing something like this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-04-10, 6:18pm

Well... as I have never done this at a show, (probably because I have never done a show) I do have a "Spring Cleaning" sale on Ebay with beads that didn't make the first cut and I have never had any problems. I think It would be fine to do a bargain basement. I am the queen of dumpster diving though, so that might be jading my opinion just a tad bit.

Old 2008-04-10, 7:57pm

It sounds fine to me, I like deals.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-04-18, 11:39am

I think your work is way to good to allow anything out the door that was not top quality. I really like your florals.

Steve

Old 2008-04-18, 3:18pm

Default Good Idea or a Bad Idea

Hey Sue you are still on here? I have missed you at the shows. How is Florida and are you settled in your new home. I think you should I always sold the bargain beads well at shows too.

Rhonda

Have a great day.
Rhonda
Old 2008-04-19, 4:10pm
Creatrixie

I think it sounds like a good idea, but I think maybe you should "spin" the name differently.

I'm not sure that the name "bargain basement" gives enough respect to the fact that these are still handmade pieces of Art... even if they don't quite meet your quality standards.

I'm not sure what name would be better. Maybe someone else has some ideas?

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2008-04-20, 6:16am
Wait.....what?

Call 'em "stubborn glass (or beads)" and in the description don't say defect so much as say that the glass refused to do what you wanted it to. Like one was bound and determined to not match that set of beads you were working on - that kind of thing.

Old 2008-04-27, 8:51am
First bead: 2007-04-28

I think it sounds like a really good idea, especially if you tell people, WHY they are cheaper. I like what you said in your thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanityBeader View Post
These are always beads that are physically sound but typically had a defect in the encasing or wonkiness that I felt made it a lesser bead.
Ann