Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-09-12, 9:47am
lov'in life!!!

Default Sony Cybershot DSC-f828

Does anyone have one of these cameras...and can anyone get a decent picture with it? I am so frustrated with mine right now, I may soon be having to replace windows and buy a new camera!!! Help me....please.

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-12, 6:54pm

Default Sony Cyber Shot

Well, I do have a Sony Cyber shot DSC-W80 Super Steady Shot. I think it is fine..I am no photographer, so I am sure other people will find fault with my shots, but check out my etsy site to see them. www.lilacwindartglass.etsy.com I think they are fine for what I need. I also do not know how differant our cameras are. Do you have ISO? That is what I use for close ups.What are you trying to do with the pictures?
Mimi
Lilacwind@cox.net
Old 2008-09-13, 4:35am
lov'in life!!!

Here are two pictures I have taken. The first picture was inside, using two 60 bulbs with clamp lights, positioned right over the bead and no flash on my camera. The second picture was taken on my front porch, no clamp lights but I did use the flash...on low. My flash has two levels...I used the lowest.

So much for getting the dark, sultry, detailed pics that I see so many others getting. Without my flash....it's just wayyy too dark.

Old 2008-09-13, 4:40am
lov'in life!!!

Thanks so much Mimi. What is ISO? My mind keeps saying, "in search of" lol.

Old 2008-09-14, 1:11am

Here are two pictures I have taken. The first picture was inside, using two 60 bulbs with clamp lights, positioned right over the bead and no flash on my camera. The second picture was taken on my front porch, no clamp lights but I did use the flash...on low. My flash has two levels...I used the lowest.

---
It's what I use. First that is not near enough light. Second, never use flash. Never expect any photograph to be perfect right out of the camera.

What exact settings are you using? Are you using a tripod?
Old 2008-09-14, 5:39am
lov'in life!!!

My camera settings are...I'll have to get my camera, lol. Okay...ISO is set at 200, Image size is 8M, quality is set at standard, REC mode is set to Normal, P. Effect is Off, Color is Real, Saturation is set at Normal, Contrast is set at Normal, Sharpness is set at + and that's about it. I have NO idea what this all means.

What size of light bulbs do I need to get more light? Also, my bulbs put off a yellow cast...not good. I just don't seem to be able to get good, clear, detailed pics of the beads. I am going to order some close up lens and a macro off of ebay and see if that helps.

Old 2008-09-14, 6:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameDancer View Post
I am going to order some close up lens and a macro off of ebay and see if that helps.
Hang on! Are you absolutely sure you are using a dsc-f828? It has a fantastic macro in it already.

I'm in a work push tonight so can't do full details. With what you are telling me though you are not using the rest of the settings or macro ....you didn't name off a single thing that indicate that. Do you still have your manual? If not look it up online. Read it!

First get photography lights or at least some of those that are natural lightblubs. For household lightbulbs start with 300 watts and you may need more. With photography lights 1000 watts would be great. Get a tripod, cheap one will do. WIth macro the slightess shake shows.

Turn camera on.
Top of the camera turn dial to A.
Side of camera put focus on auto(switch to manual once you are getting some decent photos)
Push the tulip button(that's your macro).
Top of camera hold the WB button down and turn the dial.
Adjust the WB (use the manual) auto is only acceptable. Get a gray card and set it instead.
Adjust brightness(start at 0.7, take test photos and adjust again)

In menu
change color to real
Change everything that has normal as a choice to normal
change quality to fine.

Now go take some test photos. 90% of your problem is lighting. Get your lights fixed, get a photo tent or buy photography lights with their boxes(expensive option). It is a great camera but to get good photos you are going to experiment with your set up.

Note even once you take a good photo you will need to use a program to crop and possibly adjust brightness.

Out of time here. Try some of the things I mention and I'll try to help again later.
Old 2008-09-14, 11:37pm

My post sounds rather abrupt and grumpy. Not meant to be read that way though!
Old 2008-09-17, 8:15pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

I don't think it sounds grumpy I thought it was very helpful I'm gunna write down your user handle for when I try to take picture again LOL I hate taking picture I so-so-suck at it
chrisann LOL

Old 2008-10-01, 8:08am
lov'in life!!!

Sorry to just now get back to this thread. Thank you SO much for all of your help. I am going to try everything that you suggested and I will be back to post the results. Oh and I don't think you sounded grumpy at all. I just really appreciate your help I'll let you know how it goes.