Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2006-03-20, 4:42pm

Default Studio Blues are Over ... For Good!

My new studio is finally finished. After almost 7 years of garage space and corners in an unfinished cluttered basement my dream studio is finally finished. It was hard work but as you can see it was all worth it. I am definately doing the happy studio dance every time I step foot in it. This was my Christmas present and had the floor, ceiling, lighting and drywall put in. DH & I did all the crud work (moving, cleaning, packing, painting, trim work, decorating, more cleaning, more moving, unpacking ... you get the picture).

Here's an example of the mess before we finished:

And, here's my little piece of heaven:

TV and Chair are for DH who likes the studio so much he wants to hang out with me ... WOW!

Maggie "approves!"

Thanks for letting me share!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-03-20, 5:11pm

Wow!! I'd never leave the studio! Enjoy it---looks great!
Old 2006-03-20, 7:11pm
koregon

wow

I am so very envious...your one lucky woman!

I need to show this to Dan, it wont happen here...but darn my dreams would be for something like this...just no space to do it.

Old 2006-03-20, 7:38pm

Wow- what a great space!! I love it!
Old 2006-03-20, 7:43pm
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana

That is just too gorgeous!! I love it! I'm still dreaming of having something near that...lol. Shoot...I did a happy dance when DH fixed up a room in our basement for me. Enjoy your wonderful new studio!

CA gift numbers:
Old 2006-03-20, 8:22pm

Any of you can come a play at any time! The weather in Georgia is gorgeous this time of year. Thank you for the kind comments. I AM feeling like a very lucky girl!

Old 2006-03-20, 9:18pm

Wow, what a cool set up, looks like you thought of everything! Love the color on the walls!

Angie
Old 2006-03-20, 10:28pm
speed winding is a sport.

Your kitty is adorable!! The studio ain't too shabby either! A little bit of bead heaven. Beautiful.

Old 2006-03-21, 1:53am

holy shit that is cool! I love your hood! I love your storage, your wall color, your kitty is so cute! Way to go that looks awesome! I just feel so lucky to get a 5.5 x 10 foot room when we finally close on the house!

Old 2006-03-21, 6:09am
Embracing My Wonkiness

Holy moly! I could live in that beautiful room no problem! Well done!

Lil
Old 2006-03-21, 9:35am
Facebook addict

This has to be the one of the best looking "studios" I have ever seen! Love the vent hood, how original, and it ties into everything else. Great Job!!!

Mini cc w/2, 5 lpm concentrators
Old 2006-03-21, 9:51am
Gone Fishing!

WOW... I love it... one question... How big is it?

Ebay Id: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Etsy ID: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Old 2006-03-21, 12:35pm
the 2 Michelle's

man, I love that!!! Congrats!!!

You say bitch like it's a bad thing.....

bead on!!

Old 2006-03-21, 12:59pm
Lady Firebird

Andie, that is beautiful!! It makes me want to drive over one of these days I have off and drool in person while I pick your brain. I especially like the "studio cat" -- perhaps she could give my Stupid Studio Cat some tips on proper studio behavior?

GTT Scorpion torch & Regalia oxycon

Old 2006-03-21, 5:18pm
MomOnAMission

Just gorgeous! Your one lucky girl!! Happy creating
Old 2006-03-21, 6:27pm

Thanks All!

Frostfire ... anytime!

Holly ... it's about 380 square feet.

The walls are Olympic Paint - Tarrazo Tan (It's a nice terra cotta color). Really warms up the place.

Old 2006-03-22, 4:32am
Gone Fishing!

Wow Andie... its pretty big! You must be floating on a cloud! Now if I can just get enough money together to build me one. I am so tired of the garage...argggggggggg

Ebay Id: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Etsy ID: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Old 2006-03-22, 6:30am

Absolutely beautiful. I can't imagine a basement with so much light.

Enjoy.
Old 2006-03-22, 10:06am

You know, I wasn't going to do this because it's kinda tacky to talk about money. But then I realized that it might be helpful to everyone to know how little this cost us to do.

Believe it or not, this redo cost less than $5,000. We found a guy to put in the sheetrock and help with the floor for $12.00 an hour plus supplies (he wasn't great but was okay for this kind of job - had just enough experience to get the job done). The ceiling was installed in 2 days and cost $1,400. The electrician moved my blower for my vent, installed new electricity, put my kiln on a separate breaker, installed 12 canned lights, 3 track lights, 2 lights in the stairwell, and moved the yucky florescent lighting back to the storage area that I didn't photograph and electricity in a small new powder room (toilet and sink only) for $1,800. We purchased the laminate wood floor (no glue just lock together) at Sam's (same as Costco) for $1.10 a square foot and everything else was paint, trim, tile for the 6'x 8' powder room and lots of hard work ourselves ... especially the cleaning and getting organized ... took forever.

I hope this helps any of you who are planning a studio.

Andie

Old 2006-03-23, 12:33pm
Where Am I?

I love your new studio. It looks so spacious and neat. Have fun and enjoy it.

Some days you're the dog.
Other days you're the hydrant

phyliss
Old 2006-03-23, 12:55pm
*glass spaz*

Hey, I JUST drove through Georgia, had I seen this BEFORE, I might have stopped by to gawk! ; )

Nice space Andie, have fun in there! Think of how creative and free you'll be now that you have a permanent, tailor made space for your work. Congratulations! It is gorgeous!

Old 2006-03-23, 6:50pm
Covered in glitter

Damn, it doesn't look like a studio! I could LIVE there! DH wouldhave to be else where but the cats and I could have so much fun. It's a gorgeous space and I am very envious.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2006-03-24, 7:55am

Just beeeee-u-tiful Andie. Do you torch full time? First thing my DH said after we built my stained glass studio was, "OK now sell something!".

You have everything you could possibly want in a studio, it is just sooo kewl. To get it done for that price is a great thing too! I don't think you were being tacky, gives folks an idea what can be done on a budget. Pam
Old 2006-03-25, 11:22am
1 Martini Shy of Nirvana!

Sa-weet space...I didn't see the bed for me to sleep in when I visit

Old 2006-03-26, 9:01pm
still not Leslie

Location: Home the 2011 Worlds Series Champion St Louis Cardinals

That is the best studio I have ever seen! Wow! Now I really need to win power ball! You are really lucky! Maggie is a cutie pie! Good for you to have such a great place to work!!
Old 2006-03-27, 8:35am
Floral Obsessed

So beautiful. I can see that you put a lot of sweat into it (hopefully not blood and tears, but with a project that big it's possible!) and it has completely paid off! You've got great taste in colours and a fabulous eye for arrangement! Now you're making me want to beautiful my beloved hideous studio! Cheers - H.
Old 2006-03-28, 5:14am
I fart diamonds

Very nice! Did you convert the garage?

Old 2006-04-04, 10:21pm
Formerly known as LT

Looks great good luck and enjoy.
Old 2006-04-05, 7:12pm

Love your studio colors, especially what you did above the vent!!!
Have fun!!!
Old 2006-04-05, 7:37pm
Flamethrower

Really nice. Love the color!