Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2013-12-13, 11:02am
Pattyglass

Default Glass Crafty & Bead EXpo 2014!!!!!

Hey Everyone!!!!!
I am really not on top this year!! The show preparations are way underway and the classes have been posted online and are waiting to be filled up.
We continue to have the best line up of instructors out there!!! Don't miss out on any of the AWESOME classes we have for 2014!!
This is our 20th anniversary so come on down and help us celebrate!!!
Old 2013-12-29, 10:53am
Wooohooo,GS!

Can't wait Patty, it is always a blast! Hugs, deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-01-05, 10:10am
Ex-lurker

Let the good times roll...........

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2014-01-05, 9:21pm

Can you post a link?
Old 2014-01-06, 9:54am
Sam I Am

http://www.glasscraftexpo.com/

Some computors will tell you there is a problem with the security certificate. I get it but there is not a problem with the website's security.
Patty addresses this in post 9 here http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254619

Last edited by Dream Fire; 2014-01-06 at 9:56am. Reason: add link
Old 2014-01-17, 2:11pm
Sucks at being nice

Just signed up for 2 classes! Sam & Deb, you are stuck with me now. lol

Old 2014-01-17, 4:08pm
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinwelch View Post
Just signed up for 2 classes! Sam & Deb, you are stuck with me now. lol
Yeah we will have fun!
Oh and learn too!
Sam

Old 2014-01-18, 8:36am
Queen Bee

Jody, you will love her classes. I took both the fish and the blown seashell classes last year from Deb in Las Vegas - she is a-maz-ing! The individual attention she give to each student is unbelievable. And they are fun!

I can honestly say Deb's classes are the best I've ever taken

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2014-01-18, 10:32am
Sucks at being nice

I am so excited for this! I have only taken 1 class and had 1 get together with Kim Fields since I've started melting glass. I am really looking forward to seeing all of the vendor booths too.

Old 2014-02-03, 4:28pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Sam, it says for the student to bring xxx,xxxxx,xxxxx,,,xxxxxxx.....and then it says the materials fee is for the same things the student is supposed to bring. Is this a misprint?

HG_FR_61 - CHAMBERED VERTEBRAE BEADS
Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Nina Hibler, Dream Fire Glass
Intermediate
Advanced Beginner and Experienced Flameworkers

This workshop reveals the secrets of the Chambered bead. The class includes many skills students will use in their daily beadmaking. Students will learn to make: Long thin tubular beads, two kinds of deeply encased chambered beads plus stringer control, dichroic stringer, thin linear encasing, thick encasing, heat control and the physics of glass movement. These skill come together in the completion of our chambered and vertebrae beads. At the end of the class students will have created some thin tubular beads, the tornado chamber and the vertebrae bead. Plus learned skills that will be used to create their own works of art. Students bring: protective eyewear for lampworking, flat graphite paddle, tweezers and your favorite shaping tools. Not required but nice to have large parallel mashers, small "tuna" can for water
Class Limit: 8
Price: $275.00

*Materials fee: $25.00 payable to instructor in class includes Protective eyewear for lampworking, flat graphite paddle, tweezers, Small metal can for water and their favorite shaping tools, (not required but nice to have) large parallel mashers- I have a few to share

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2014-02-11, 3:48pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I have my bead show app all filled out, I don't know why I am hesitating to send it in.

Old 2014-02-11, 10:11pm
Sucks at being nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
I have my bead show app all filled out, I don't know why I am hesitating to send it in.
Do it! I need someone to hang out with.

Old 2014-02-11, 10:19pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I sent it in. I had to. My hubs already paid for his airline ticket 4 days ago.
I'll be driving on Thursday, he's flying in around 5:30. I was just skeered for a minute.

Old 2014-02-11, 10:27pm
Sucks at being nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
I sent it in. I had to. My hubs already paid for his airline ticket 4 days ago.
I'll be driving on Thursday, he's flying in around 5:30. I was just skeered for a minute.
I can't wait to meet you in person!

Old 2014-02-11, 10:44pm
"Sinners have soul too"

=) me too!

Old 2014-02-12, 12:50pm
Sam I Am

Sorry just now saw this post - Tillie.
Yes it is a typo. Sometimes they cut and paste.
The materials fee is for etailed worksheet, mandrels, dichroic glass, $25.00
I will tell Patty and she can change it on the web. Is this on the web or in the booklet? I am out of town and away from the hard copy booklet.
Thank you for catching that. I would loose a lot of money if you got all that for $25.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillie View Post
Sam, it says for the student to bring xxx,xxxxx,xxxxx,,,xxxxxxx.....and then it says the materials fee is for the same things the student is supposed to bring. Is this a misprint?

HG_FR_61 - CHAMBERED VERTEBRAE BEADS
Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Nina Hibler, Dream Fire Glass
Intermediate
Advanced Beginner and Experienced Flameworkers

This workshop reveals the secrets of the Chambered bead. The class includes many skills students will use in their daily beadmaking. Students will learn to make: Long thin tubular beads, two kinds of deeply encased chambered beads plus stringer control, dichroic stringer, thin linear encasing, thick encasing, heat control and the physics of glass movement. These skill come together in the completion of our chambered and vertebrae beads. At the end of the class students will have created some thin tubular beads, the tornado chamber and the vertebrae bead. Plus learned skills that will be used to create their own works of art. Students bring: protective eyewear for lampworking, flat graphite paddle, tweezers and your favorite shaping tools. Not required but nice to have large parallel mashers, small "tuna" can for water
Class Limit: 8
Price: $275.00

*Materials fee: $25.00 payable to instructor in class includes Protective eyewear for lampworking, flat graphite paddle, tweezers, Small metal can for water and their favorite shaping tools, (not required but nice to have) large parallel mashers- I have a few to share

Old 2014-03-07, 7:19pm
needs creative tagline

hey donna, I'll be driving over Thurs night as well. Sorry we aren't closer together so we could carpool!
Laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2014-03-08, 8:05am

Is there a LE get together? I will be there 3/27-3/29. Not taking any classes, just taking a mini vacation with hubs and leaving the kiddo at Grandmas
Old 2014-03-08, 9:46am
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I'm hoping there is. I met several last weekend at Joy's class in Cocoa, FL., but would love to meet more of you.

I'll be there from the night of the 27th through the 31st.

Old 2014-03-09, 7:48am
JulieV

I'll be there again; after a 2 year absence. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new.

Old 2014-03-09, 8:03am
Light My Torch

Has anyone set up a LE meeting?
thanks
jeri

Old 2014-03-18, 9:02pm
Sucks at being nice

What's happening on Friday night at the Expo? If there isn't anything exciting we could meet up then. I know they have 80s night on Thursday and I am going home Saturday so Friday could be good.
Just a warning: I am a horrible introvert in public so if I slink off to a corner it's probably not because I don't like you, I just take a bit to get comfortable.

Old 2014-03-18, 9:10pm
needs creative tagline

excellent, I will join you, separately, at a respectful distance, in the introvert corner

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2014-03-19, 5:38am
Sucks at being nice

Perfect! Now all we need are a few cats to pet and talk to,

Old 2014-03-19, 2:26pm

I will be wandering around the show on Friday afternoon, Short of that I am not sure where I will be as this trip is Hubby's 40th birthday tip and I just happen to be able to schedule it around the show
Old 2014-03-19, 4:11pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I'll probably be somewhere off in a corner looking to see someone's name tag I might recognize....so put me with the introverts.

Old 2014-03-19, 6:44pm
needs creative tagline

cats? I'm definitely in if there are cats!

Facebook -

Old 2014-03-19, 9:10pm
Sucks at being nice

You need cats or dogs to pet and talk to so you don't look so awkward tucked away in you solitary corner. Jeez, some introvert you are!

Old 2014-03-19, 9:13pm
Sucks at being nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillie View Post
I'll probably be somewhere off in a corner looking to see someone's name tag I might recognize....so put me with the introverts.
Name tags? I hate name tags! I prefer to go incognito.

Old 2014-03-19, 9:47pm
"Sinners have soul too"

One more week!! I'm in booth G10, banner says Prima Donna Beads... please come by and say hi! =)