Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-05-31, 3:59pm

aha, airplanes on the brain!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-05-31, 5:28pm

Yup .. as I finished posting I was like am/pm what the heck ... but I left it. I figured everyone would know what I ment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-05-31, 5:29pm

Gorgeous ... this is on my gotta have list.

You'll have to let us know when you get some up in your etsy shop.

Yummy!!

P.S. Just checked and saw you listed some ... soon as I havd some extra money ... mine!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by framerak View Post
I got a bit of torch time last night and mixed a new blend. "Hippie Chick" has Momka Purple Thunder in it, along with some Northstar colors. The first pic is Hippie Chick over a base of Amber Purple. The second pic is Hippie Chick rolled over a rod of GA Amazon Bronze, melted in and pulled down, then wound on the mandrel. Both sets of beads were encased in Simax clear.
I really like how the purple and blue colors turned out on the 2nd set of beads. I'd heard that Amazon Purple could produce deep purples but I'd never experienced it before. Happy surprise!

Old 2012-05-31, 6:44pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

Ooh that is really pretty...god don't get me started buying something else, sheesh I am so easy
Chrisann

Old 2012-05-31, 7:34pm

LOLOL I'm waiting for that yummy stuff too. She's teasing us, posting that and not having any for sale. Road trip to Angela's house to make our demands! bwahahaha!!!

ETA Well how about that! I just went and checked, and there it is!!! So I'm off to buy some Hippie Chick. Who's joining me? http://www.etsy.com/listing/10095059...t-blend-by-hot

Old 2012-05-31, 7:43pm

Default Momka's Sparkly Thunder

I have another set to share, using Lt Blue Amber Purple and either caramel or butterscotch (no label, used a short) as the base, with ST and large clear frit, encased.

Hindsight, I wish I would have used a lighter color so the color of the frit would show better. Next time... There are nice sparkles but hard to capture in a picture.

Old 2012-05-31, 7:43pm

LOL! You all crack me up! Susan, your Hippie Chick frit will be on its way to you tomorrow. Please post some pictures for us when you create beauteous beads with it!

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2012-05-31, 7:45pm

Susan, those are yummy! It's always hard to capture the sparkle; you did a great job of showing us. Love 'em!

Angela Kane

Old 2012-05-31, 7:47pm

Quote:
LOL! You all crack me up! Susan, your Hippie Chick frit will be on its way to you tomorrow. Please post some pictures for us when you create beauteous beads with it!
Woo hooooooooooooooooooooo! I think my frit from Cathy is due here any time too. Time for some serious play time, people!

Old 2012-05-31, 7:48pm

Quote:
Susan, those are yummy! It's always hard to capture the sparkle; you did a great job of showing us. Love 'em!
Thanks Angela. I don't think I did that frit justice though. Looking at what Laura got, I think I need to shoot for a much lighter base. Oh DARN, a reason to go back out to the torch tomorrow.

Old 2012-05-31, 9:31pm

I think I've been spending too much time on Facebook. I keep looking for the darned "Like" button!

Sounds like there are a few of us who will be spending some time at the torch in the next few days. Darn the luck...

Angela Kane

Old 2012-05-31, 10:31pm

I can totally relate. I wish there was a like button on LE too. I was just thinking that today in the gallery, actually!

Old 2012-06-01, 8:55am

I'm a dummy ... what's ST??? Can't figure it out for the life of me!!

If I hadn't taken so much voluntary layoff days, I'd have hippie chick coming to me too. (well that and all the money I spent to start making frits)

I have a show next weekend ... so then I can buy some goodies for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson River Glass View Post
I have another set to share, using Lt Blue Amber Purple and either caramel or butterscotch (no label, used a short) as the base, with ST and large clear frit, encased.

Hindsight, I wish I would have used a lighter color so the color of the frit would show better. Next time... There are nice sparkles but hard to capture in a picture.

Old 2012-06-01, 9:05am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieGlass View Post
I'm a dummy ... what's ST??? Can't figure it out for the life of me!!

If I hadn't taken so much voluntary layoff days, I'd have hippie chick coming to me too. (well that and all the money I spent to start making frits)

I have a show next weekend ... so then I can buy some goodies for me!!
Sparkly Thunder. I just used it over white and caramel this morning. I'll post pics this afternoon.

Old 2012-06-01, 11:27am

Dult!! I kept racking my brain and couldn't come up with it for the life of me.

Yes ... I really like that one. I'm hoping to score some Silver Dance tomake frit of ... that and Orchard Plum I think would be nice.

Waiting to hear what my goodie pack will contain ... and anything I"m yearning for that's not there ... ABR has 35% of Momka until 6-12-12 ... yipeee skipeee

Old 2012-06-01, 11:35am

You know, I was doing perfectly fine today WITHOUT knowing about that Momka sale. Sigh. I am such a sucker for her glass.

Old 2012-06-01, 11:56am

Momka sale? Who's having a Momka sale? I'm desperate for her Orange Palitra...

Jenny

Old 2012-06-01, 12:28pm

Laura, Cathy at eplanet used to offer Silver Dance frit. I've got some that I got from her. Wasn't as impressed with it as frit as I wanted to be. Probably just wasn't holding my tongue right when I made the beads...

Love ABR sales! Off to browse and spend some money!

Angela Kane

Old 2012-06-01, 2:45pm

Default More Sparkly Thunder

Okay, here's ST on white and caramel. No clear frit, just encased. Same beads, front/back.

Old 2012-06-01, 3:15pm

Oh WoW Susan, I'm lovin that ST (and Thanks Laura for the translation), had to go out and see if I had that one, and Yes I Do! Going to play with it tomorrow. Beautiful beads !

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2012-06-01, 3:19pm

lol the names of the frit are in the title area Sorry for the ST confusion!

Thanks Cathy! I'd like to try it on mint or turquoise, maybe silver aqua.

Old 2012-06-01, 3:21pm

Where is the 'LIKE' button?

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2012-06-02, 7:27am

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskebaer View Post
Momka sale? Who's having a Momka sale? I'm desperate for her Orange Palitra...

Jenny
ABR until June 12th ... all Momka is 35% off!! Yipeeee!!

Old 2012-06-02, 7:29am

Quote:
Laura, Cathy at eplanet used to offer Silver Dance frit. I've got some that I got from her. Wasn't as impressed with it as frit as I wanted to be. Probably just wasn't holding my tongue right when I made the beads...

Love ABR sales! Off to browse and spend some money!
Thanks for the heads up on Silver Dance. That means 1 rod chunked down for testing instead of a pound. Major money savings!!!

Old 2012-06-04, 2:09pm

Oh man, I'm so excited. Got my frit from Cathy, AND got my frit from Angela today! Sneaking out to the studio early tomorrow morning to play. I'll post pics of my adventure

Old 2012-06-04, 4:06pm

Can't wait to see pics Susan! Hoping to have a bit of free time tomorrow to play with a new blend. Hate it when other things get in the way of playing with glass!

Angela Kane

Old 2012-06-04, 5:01pm

Thanks Laura!

Old 2012-06-05, 4:42pm

I played a little bit more with my Hippie Chick frit last night and came up with this set. I used Pomegrante as a base and gave it a couple of rolls through the frit before encasing with Simax. I was really pleased with these!

Angela Kane

Old 2012-06-05, 6:14pm

Beautiful Angela ... can't wait to play. Tapping foot impatiently.

I was off work today but ran and picked up inventory from my retail space for the show this weekend.

Now ...if I'm lucky enough to be off tomorrow ... me and the flame have a date!!

Old 2012-06-06, 4:58pm

Laura, hope you and the flame were able to spend some time together! Good luck at the show this weekend!

I tested a new blend last night and the results were, well, butt ugly. Back to the drawing board for that particular blend. Never a dull moment in the world of frit!

Anybody else got any Momka beauties to show us? We love eye candy!!

Angela Kane