Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2010-06-28, 3:27pm
Enjoying Life!

Great idea, thanks for the link!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Hopeful Journeys View Post
Here is my MUST HAVE tool when applying murrini. I use the tweezers for applying the murrini and the paddle on the end to lightly push the murrini flat.

LOVE THEM! I think Michaels and Joanns also sells them.

http://www.amazon.com/Beading-Tweeze.../dp/B00153LU9Q

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~ SRA #T62
Old 2010-07-01, 7:13am

Now I have to try this. Darn and double darn. Also have to buy some of the murrini.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rose Leslie
Old 2010-07-01, 11:33am
Pyro Tyro

These are fab. The video is excellent!

Thanks.

- Jill

Old 2010-07-04, 3:07pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I found the PERFECT tweezers for picking up murrini at Arrow Springs last week!!!

Lemmee get a link.... about 3/4 way down the page.... http://www.arrowsprings.com/html/shaping_tools.html

Flower & Stem Tweezers
$8.95

Flower & Stem Tweezers are ideal for making flowers and stems by manipulating the glass on the bead surface.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-07-04, 3:11pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

ooh - I like those.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-07-04, 3:29pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Wooot, I actually carry those in my shop! I think I even my own personal pair too! Yay!

Old 2010-07-19, 3:37pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Do you have a link to where people can buy them Donna?

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-07-21, 7:55pm
She's Back & Burnin'

How did I miss this? The name fits these cute and fun looking beads perfectly!

Sara

Old 2010-07-27, 9:49am
fritaholic

Lori, Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial. I tried one last night. What a blast! Now to learn to make them the same size for sets, lol.

Lisa
Old 2010-08-01, 10:52pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I want to seeeeeeeeeee!

*f

Old 2010-08-20, 7:59am

Wow Lori, thank you very much! I love the beads, so nice and colourful! Just jummy eyecandy!

http://tutorials.kralalien.nl
Old 2010-08-20, 5:50pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Thank you so much, Carolien!

*f

Old 2010-08-21, 3:55am
Taaa Daaaa

Lori, wanted to say thanks too! I made some of these the other night, but in opaque colours to contrast the colours in murrini I had. My first time with murruni, and it has now started a new love affair for me. Hanging to get out and make more!! When I work out how to post pics ( I'm new!!) I will.
cheers
Megan
Old 2010-08-22, 6:55am
Detail G-Mama!

I just saw this tut yesterday so I gave it a try! Very fun to make them! Thanks so much for the tutorial. Here is the results from yesterday, I made them to go with some extra beads I had!
Attached Images

Old 2010-08-23, 3:35am
Detail G-Mama!

Gawd, I'm such a thread killer!!!

Old 2010-08-23, 3:58am
Princess Tootbucket Beads

Beautiful!

Princess Tootbucket Beads.
Proud mom to 5 two leggers and 3 four leggers!
Old 2010-08-24, 11:15am
Glassy Broad :-)

I saw this and tried it when you first posted Lori, and I am embarrassed to say I didn't post!!!
Thank you SO much for doing this, I've loved your candy jacks from the moment I first laid eyes on them!
Hugs!
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-08-26, 1:01pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Ricketts View Post
I just saw this tut yesterday so I gave it a try! Very fun to make them! Thanks so much for the tutorial. Here is the results from yesterday, I made them to go with some extra beads I had!
OH MY GOSH! Anne those are wonderful! So bright and colorful!!! I love them.

*f

Old 2010-08-28, 6:16am
Detail G-Mama!

Thanks y'all! Lori those were really fun to make!! Thanks again for sharing the tutorial!

Old 2010-08-30, 1:23pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Tip-toeing in...

Old 2010-08-30, 3:25pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Super cool, Amber!!!

*f

Old 2010-08-30, 3:44pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Thanks, Lori, though I think I need to move up to four dots per bead... I can't get my three dots even... Is there a trick?

Old 2010-08-30, 7:44pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

No trick, really. I just kind of eyeball it.

*f

Old 2010-08-31, 9:29pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

My eyeballs must be wonky then - in fact, they are! ~says the girl with "coke bottle bottom" lenses~

Old 2010-09-13, 4:24pm

This was SOOOO fun! I love it! Just ordered more murrini! thanks!

Old 2010-09-14, 5:35am
Detail G-Mama!

Amber those are really pretty! I've made 3 more sets, is there a 12 step program available?
Attached Images

Old 2010-09-14, 5:54am
Formerly FishBulb

I love this thread for all the awesome eye candy! I love how everybody puts their own spin on these. Wonderful! Thank you again Lori for such a fun bead. I haven't made any yet but when I do I'll post (as long as they don't suck, lol).

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-09-14, 9:22pm
Flaming Glass Studios

Default Candy Jacks

Lori,

Thank You so much I love the Candy Jacks and I love your murrini.

Patti Hensley
Old 2010-09-20, 10:59am

These are SOOOO fun to make- thanks so much for sharing your technique. I love them!

Old 2010-09-22, 6:10am
FatCat Mama

I love making these - I do one a day. Looking at Lori's again made me realize I'm using way too much glass for encasing the murrini, so I'm going to work on that next.

I bought some spring bracelets in Donna's buy, and strung my small collection of practice jacks. They're shown here hanging from my Loco tooth jar.

Teri P

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein

Orange Cricket with 10L oxycon and NG