Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-07-23, 6:19pm
Storm Queen

I would have just sent her a nice message thanking her for her business and just telling her to let me know when she's ready to pay if she needs an invoice for combined shipping. I am extremely patient with my customers and they come through 99.9& of the time. She could turn into a fabulous long term customer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-07-24, 11:31am
To bead Yeah! ;)

I have a customer who pays after a month, so don't fret, be glad she is bidding on more beads
Also I find it some what strange if you think the 2 are the same person and at the same time she is currently the only person bidding on your beads, that she would find the need to make up a story about someone out bidding her to get the beads cheap, does that make any sense to you?
At the same time, she should really not expect you to sell the beads to you and circumvent the bidding, this is also a big NO!

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2010-07-24, 12:00pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by divina126 View Post
yep shes been bidding everyday since the 13th and has 9 items awaiting payment. im just a bit excited is all when she pays i will have enough to buy a cricket
Well, if she's bidding, the last thing you want to do is alienate her by coming across as a difficult or demanding seller! Her initial request was a little odd, but as she continues bidding it seems as if her interest in your work is authentic and she's not just trying to scoop up a bargain. Give her space to win as many auctions as she wants, and don't hound her!

Old 2010-07-24, 12:11pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
Well, if she's bidding, the last thing you want to do is alienate her by coming across as a difficult or demanding seller! Her initial request was a little odd, but as she continues bidding it seems as if her interest in your work is authentic and she's not just trying to scoop up a bargain. Give her space to win as many auctions as she wants, and don't hound her!
You're mixing bidder one and bidder two together. FWIW, bidder one is a customer of mine and she's been great with me. I hate bad things being said about a customer, especially when it's pretty easy to figure out who exactly is being talked about.

Old 2010-07-24, 12:35pm
I'm a lilac!

Ohhhh yeah, I see where I got confused. Sounds like the OP has a good thing going on!

Old 2010-07-25, 9:29am
She's Back & Burnin'

I've had customers (in the past) who take up to a month to pay. I don't mind if they tell me in advance. I usually give customers a week after their last win.

Sara

Old 2010-07-25, 10:10am
Uh-oh means it's too late

I agree I have customers that I know will pay but they just maybe need to wait till payday or whatever. I am still pretty new on Ebay but here is what I have learned- You don't send the beads till payment is received anyway so you are out nothing if they take a little longer to pay. It is nice that you have a repeat customer I have a few and wether they bid on 1 thing or 20 I just try and see things from a standpoint not many places will let you get an item and then not have to pay that very second so Ebay is a way for a lot of people to get things and pay lets say a week later. In the end we all win
and we build a following- I have only sent a note if the bidder has never been a client and more than a week goes by- I simply send a nice and kind message Thanking them and letting them know I will ship as soon as the payment is made- same day shipping. This way it is a friendly reminder that they have unpaid auctions and I feel no shame because i have my policy clearly stated in my listings. I always end with making them feel that they are very valued as they are. I now have people email me and ask if I am listing new things they know I have fast shipping, great beads, and great customer service. This in the end should be what you are striving for to build up a client base. Hope this helps and do not stress over the other bidder she can't report you as the seller as you are doing nothing wrong. And if she wants those beads badly enough she will bid or do BIN. Take care and try not to stress Ebay can be daunting but it is a great venue for us glass artists!