Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-08-31, 8:45pm

Default How long for USPS to Australia?

Does anyone know how long it typically takes to ship a 6X8 padded envelope through USPS to Australia? I shipped on August 1st and the customer has not received the package yet. I am making another bracelet and shipping it again but I have an idea that international shipping from CA to Australia just takes a really long time. ( I used the cheap First Class International shipping rate as it was $2.59 instead of $27.00)

The other problem was the post office couldn't do delivery confirmation on an international package so I have no idea if the post office thought they delivered it or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions for my next shipment? Is there some other method that would get me tracking that wouldn't cost more than the item?

jgraff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-08-31, 9:11pm

Arrow Springs sent me some glass. They are in CA too. It arrived within 2 weeks?
Old 2011-08-31, 9:32pm
Unmedicated since '62

how did you send it? cos if it went the cheapest way then it can take up to six weeks, i've had it take longer - i've just learned to be patient

the only other way that you'll get tracking is via UPS or fedex - and the delay is at the US end, i've had tracked stuff that hasnt even left the states for three weeks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-08-31, 9:41pm

The post office told me the other day that for some reason deliveries from the USA are really slow at the moment. I am still waiting for stuff I ordered back in July, and I know it will come...eventually. Hang in there.
Old 2011-08-31, 9:53pm

My friend sent me a priority package which left the US on August 3rd. It arrived the day before yesterday - which means it took 27 days. She mailed another package at the same time which arrived ages ago (I didn't keep track of when).

I wouldn't give up hope yet ... I'm not impressed with Aussie mail, although the problem isn't necessarily at the Australian end I suppose

Old 2011-08-31, 11:13pm
I need more boro stuff

Usually and normally around 2-4 weeks. But if it held in customs, it could takes up to 3 months.

Old 2011-08-31, 11:37pm

Usually 10 days give or take. I have never had anything held in customs so I am not sure about that. I just had a parcel arrive from the US (art supplies) and it took 8 days. On the other hand some model tractors are 5 weeks and counting.
Kym
Old 2011-09-01, 5:34am

First Class can take forever. Priority boxes that I have snet got there as fast as 7 days!!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-09-01, 5:47am
I'm not Barbie.

Sending via USPS first class usually takes 10 - 14 days most of the time.
Old 2011-09-01, 9:26am

Wow! Thanks for the response! You guys are so helpful and supportive.

I believe the package is still on it's way but In good faith I will probably send another.

It's a small padded envelope. Every time I go to the UPS or Fedex calculators they quote me anything from $99.00 to $125.00 for delivery. Since the value of the item is only $35.00 it seems silly to pay that much for shipping.

On the other hand I'm "paying" the cost of going cheap too.

This is a lampwork bracelet. How much would you expect to pay to ship from CA to Australia?

jgraff

Old 2011-09-01, 10:40pm

Hi. I am still waiting on a package that shipped on the 4th August. I'm not stressing..............yet!! lol Jennie

Old 2011-09-02, 12:10am
Jer. 29:11, Prov.10:19

I've actually had a package take 3 and a half months. I remade the order and the remake arrived before the first shipment. Thankfully the the customer was understanding!
Old 2011-09-02, 3:49am
Unmedicated since '62

From what I've gathered the delay is at the US end, all packages in and out are being slowed ip due to increased security

Old 2011-09-02, 3:54am
More ideas than talent

Postage used to average 7-10 days. It's definitely been taking a bit longer in the last three months.

Old 2011-09-02, 4:06am
Unmedicated since '62

Anniversary of 9-11

Old 2011-09-02, 5:04pm

I sent another one today. The post office was no help. For my size package there is no tracking or delivery confirmation. Once I ship it I have no idea where it is or if it's ever delivered.

Hopefully my customer will end up with 2 bracelets in time for her daughter's birthday instead of none!

jgraff

Old 2011-09-02, 5:43pm
Happy Inner Dragon

I've had one take over a month, and another beat it by two weeks! No rhyme nor reason.
Post in Australia can be dicey, too. The one that took the longest, according to AP, was not even in the country the day it came to my door.
And, I've had my beads take more than two weeks to get from the east coast to the west in Australia.

Oh, and I've also lost a lot of parcels sent interstate, in the last couple of years, unfortunately. Makes me scared to send anything these days.

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2011-09-03, 1:41am

Post from os is slow....a month from last year...my daughter is in India....first parcels she sent me took less than 10 days, the last one 3 weeks.

Lindy

Old 2011-09-03, 2:58am
Kerry

Deb is spot on. It's due to increased security. Expect a month as the norm these days. Some sneak through and make it quicker but I would be asking for your customer to wait for a bit yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
From what I've gathered the delay is at the US end, all packages in and out are being slowed ip due to increased security

Click the banner to visiti the store