Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2012-05-25, 5:22am

Default Sculptural Glass, Volume 2: Tea Roses

"Sculptural Glass, Vol. 2: Tea Roses" is now available for instant download. Those of you who preordered should have received your download links last night.

In my 7th lampworking tutorial I take you through the entire process of making detailed, highly-realistic sculptural roses, providing tips on heat control, forming natural-looking petals and sepals, selecting the best colors, and keeping your flowers delicate in appearance while making sure they are stable and structurally sound. Also included are step-by-step instructions on creating matching leaves, realistic vine cane, and petite rosebuds that are perfect for earrings. You'll use 104 COE glass in standard Effetre colors for the roses.

31 pages, with lots of full-color photos. This tutorial is lots of fun, and jam-packed with information you'll find useful not only in sculptural work but in in all of your beadmaking.

To get your copy, visit my tutorials page.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-05-25, 3:25pm

Thanks, Kim! I just downloaded and printed the tutorial --it is great-- beautiful pictures and instruction! I have to get a hot plate!! Thank you for sharing!
Old 2012-05-26, 5:25am

Thanks, Shirley - I'm glad you like it and appreciate the feedback!

Also, for what it's worth you really don't need a hot plate for these...I'd call it a convenience but not a must-have, as long as you have a torch-mounted marver you can keep the petals on. You can also keep the petals in your kiln if you have a kiln with a door.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-05-26, 3:29pm

Smile

That's good news - I do have a torch-mounted marver -- I can order more glass instead of buying a hot plate! Thanks again, Kim.
Old 2012-06-03, 4:42pm
A True Woofer

I made one yesterday and it was fun! It's not the best but for my first one it's OK! I really love this tutorial. Is there a gallery thread yet?

Old 2012-06-04, 6:30am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaGirlBT View Post
I made one yesterday and it was fun! It's not the best but for my first one it's OK! I really love this tutorial. Is there a gallery thread yet?
Nobody's started a gallery thread yet, Ellen, hint hint. I'd love to see your first rose!

Thanks very much for the feedback. I'm happy that you liked the tutorial!

Old 2012-06-04, 10:37am
A True Woofer

OK, I got brave and started a thread. I'm not usually a thread starter here. LOL

Old 2012-07-19, 7:58am
Dianne Gleaton

I have to tell you how much I LOVE this tutorial. I especially love the leaf making technique. With the simplicity of that I can crank those leaves out so fast and they ALL turn out great. Making rose petals is addicting as others have said and I really enjoy the finished products. Have birthday and Christmas gifts in mind. Thank you so much for making this tut available. Will post photos when I have the jewelry constructed. Dianne
Old 2012-07-19, 8:37pm

Kim, I just realized you are going to be at the Gathering. Please do not be offended by the awful tiara I made using the roses I made from the tutorial. Mine will never be as beautiful as yours, and I was under the gun to come up with crazy headwear. At least they are well hidden...under the hot pink feathers! Yikes!

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Old 2012-09-11, 5:32pm

Kim , Got the beautiful tut today. It is awesome. Very well written and easy to follow.
Now to get ink tomorrow for my printer. lol
Cann't wait to get started!!
Thank you Bunches,
Janet