Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2014-01-02, 6:41am
Lampworkaholic!

Unhappy Wale Apparatus

Recently I ordered two lbs. of glass and an $18 jar of bead release from Wale. The shipping estimate was $17.95. OK.

Apparently all the glass was out of stock because I got a refund for the price of the glass. Wale shipped the bead release and charged $17.95 for the shipping.

Wale has not responded to my email asking about this. It was my first order from Wale and I'm really disappointed.

Who would expect to pay $17.95 to ship an $18 jar of bead release?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2014-01-02, 8:06am
Angie09

I've always found them to be very helpful. Call them...I think they'll make it right.
Old 2014-01-02, 8:26am

I second what Angie says. Call them up and ask to specifically speak with Dan. He'll take care of you

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2014-01-02, 8:31am

Call them I'd ask for Dan that's who I deal with there he is the one you want to talk to
Old 2014-01-02, 9:14am

wale is great.....except for when stuff is on backorder.

a few weeks ago, i ordered a crapload of boro tubing and rod. well one size of each rod and tube was out of stock.
so instead of calling or emailing me, they shipped what there was in stock and are going to ship the rest when it comes in.
but, had they called (or had the website said no stock...it didn't) i would have taken another size in exchange and paid the difference.
Old 2014-01-21, 8:23am

Dan is the man, wale is great!
Old 2014-01-21, 9:05am

i must say, after calling about the backordered items i had coming to me, i was able to purchase the next size larger tubing and rod (44mm heavy wall, and 38mm rod) at the same price.
i just think they need to start calling/emailing when things are out of stock.
Old 2014-01-22, 8:44am

Thats good like I said talk to Dan at wale tell him you don't want back ordered items he usually checks while on the phone especially if it is something you really need at the time you can also just let them know to call if something is back ordered you will change it or just keep your money
Old 2014-01-22, 11:26am

^ no, when using the website to order, Wale needs to either email or call (they have every customers email and phone number) when stuff is on backorder....the website has no real time stock status.
Old 2014-01-22, 12:45pm

Ya I know they're a bit old school lol
Old 2014-01-22, 2:46pm

....or update the website to show real time stock status.
Old 2014-01-22, 5:03pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Do you guys have any idea how much it costs to have an online store with real time inventory when you also have a retail location?

I'd rather spend the money on adding new inventory.

Old 2014-01-22, 5:14pm

Not the exact numbers but I know its not cheap but other companies do have that and have no problems keeping up stock as well I have been dealing with wale for 18 years and for boro they are usually low on stock
Old 2014-01-22, 5:54pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Other companies might have more money to invest. You can't judge one company against "other" companies. If they don't have real time inventory and are usually low in stock then that should give you some kind of clue.

Sorry, this is just a sore subject for me. Meh. I'll back away now.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-01-22, 6:03pm

I was just trying to give him a solution to back ordered items really I don't care if they have real time stock items on their website or not that wasn't the issue I don't order off their website I call or go in either way I get real time stock
Old 2014-01-23, 12:50am
Hobby Junkie

I use the website to write down the item numbers and get an idea of price, and then I call and talk to Dan or Glenn. They are both great guys and very helpful!

Old 2014-01-23, 2:54am

I have done the same thing as Cori in the past, not always with Wale though. If I really want (need) a certain item and I know that there has been a history of a shortage in the past I'll call first.. It doesn't matter who the vendor is, large or small and it doesn't their location either. It's just a comfort zone I've put myself into .

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2014-01-23, 6:42am
Lampworkaholic!

I'd have done the same - called to order - if I'd known there was a history of inventory issues. This was my first experience with this company. I sent an email after I received the refund and shipping notice. No response.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox

Last edited by Elizabeth Beads; 2014-01-23 at 6:44am.
Old 2014-01-23, 7:16am

well ok, if they are always low on stock, and have so much overhead that they can't afford to do "real time" stock status, then they def should call when something is out of stock.
me having to call them kinda defeats the purpose of using the web to order, ya know?

and it would be cheaper for them to call or email when somethign is out of stock, because they had to pay $45 shipping charge, to get about $40 worth of materials to me. had they called, i'd have taken the next size up or down. then they would not have had to eat the shipping on the backordered items.
Old 2014-01-25, 3:38pm
BeadsonCypress

I have to say that I have been to their location and I think I have more glass in my studio than they had stocked.

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator