Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2015-10-01, 5:28pm

Default Delphi glass question

I acquired a mix of glass last year. Most was COE 104 but I think I have approximately 1/2# that is labeled: Delphi Stained Glass, 9108... looks like at least one digit is missing. I certainly looks like Dark Lavender, but I got a bunch of cracks in a bead so I'm thinking it's COE 90. Anybody have some thoughts on this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2015-10-01, 5:44pm

A Google search with "Delphi Stained Glass, 9108" shows that it may be: Pale Lavender Transparent 1/4 Lb Bundle - 104 COE Item# 91080 In Stock Usually ships in 1 to 2 business days. http://www.delphiglass.com/moretti-e...bundle-104-coe.

If that's the case, the cracking may be caused by some incompatibility between COE 104 glasses. Did you use it as a base, and then layered other glass over it? Purples are sometimes unsuitable used that way.

A photograph of the cracked bead may help determine other possibilities.
Old 2015-10-01, 6:09pm

The cracking is definitely pointing towards a compatibility issue...definitely not "stress." Hmmmm, I used Moretti Super Clear to encase. I know what you mean about the purples. I had terrible issues with CIM purples and now know better. Thanks for doing the research on it...I couldn't find it.

Old 2015-10-01, 7:06pm
Christine

Default Delphi glass question

Did you have any trouble with CIM Crocus? I just bought my first rod of that. Should I use it alone with no decoration or encasement?
Thanks,
Christine
Old 2015-10-01, 11:59pm

Christine, I had no troubles with CIM Crocus so far. I did not try to encase it because I like the color as it is but added some decorations.

Sorry for these beginner's fuglies (all survived the fiber blanket and the kiln later), all on base of crocus - with a band of goldstone, two with purchased murrini slices and dots of Effetre pea green, with twistie (as far as I remember I mixed there Reich mystic red, some Effetre orange and yellow, CIM poison apple, Effetre periwinkle, CIM ming and some effetre violet transparent). So I would consider Crocus as a friendly color at least for the surface decorations

Rudy, there is a chance that the rods were mislabeled or mixed up at Delphi's warehouse - they carry pretty huge stock of so many items that it is technically possible.

Last edited by Katia; 2015-10-02 at 1:49am.
Old 2015-10-02, 4:26am
Christine

Thank you!