Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2007-11-05, 6:02pm
MaximumAwesomeIdeaCount!

Default Life of a HH?

I've been using my HH for about 2 years and lately it seems to be sputtering more than usual and not as hot as it used to be.

Anybody know how long them are supposed to last? Or where I can get a nice minor burner?

Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Use LEFRIEND as a 15% off coupon in my Etsy!

Old 2007-11-05, 7:11pm

I used mine for 3 years before it went out - I think an O-ring went on it.
You may want to try cleaning it... Here's where I should be able to tell you how, but I don't know - try searching for it? Drain the hose, at the least, if you're using a bulk tank, and that may help... I turn up the heat when I bleed the line in the hopes of burning anything out that shouldn't be there...

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2007-11-07, 9:08pm
MaximumAwesomeIdeaCount!

Thanks! But I can only get the 1lb MAPP gas so I don't think it's a dirt issue. I think it's just going to where all good torches go.

Use LEFRIEND as a 15% off coupon in my Etsy!

Old 2007-11-08, 1:32am
Glass-aholic

LONG LONG TIME!!! I have had mine at least 6 years... no problems, a bit dirty... thats it, i check the rings every so often and had to tighten the screw on the front once, nothing else (i torch about 10 hours a week if that hepls) and I have had multiple different gasses used in bulk and 1lb canesters. The gunk thing happened when i used MAPP more than not... Also helps to bleed your lines! clean your torch with rubbing alchohol, and hang the line for a day or so to let everything run out (or if you are like me, and have no patients you can blow out the gunk with an air compressor! (and i pour a bit of alchohol in the hse too, and blow it all out.) good as new!

When this happened to me I really thought I broke it for good... to be sure i went to the hardware store and got a $10 torch that hooked up to my hose and let it rip... turned out to be gunk, not the torch.
this is a great link:
http://www.artglassanswers.com/forum...d66eb1d0c37c0c

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.: