Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-09-27, 6:52pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Default Boro Frit Assortment??

Hey Folks,

Well, I finally got to play with Boro while here at Hot Time in the Mountains. I'm a little hooked

My question is: Where can I find the best deal for clear rod and more importantly where can I find boro frit samplers? I'm not ready to commit to more than sampling stuff - I still have too much soft glass for that but I would like to play more to see whether or not I can work boro nicely on my setup at home.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Yee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-09-27, 6:56pm
Borovangelist

Aura Lens is running a nice sale until sep 30th. I just bought a couple of cases of tubing from them.

I haven't looked, but abr might have a frit sampler. I know of a few places that do rod sample sets, but usually I only see frit sample kits from BE.

|
|
Old 2008-09-27, 7:04pm

I know that glasscraft sells a mixed case of clear boro that has a bunch of different sizes in it. That might be a good start for the clear. For the color I would suggest that you get an NS Sampler, and maybe a Momka one as well. I don't care for the GA Sampler because the rods are so short. However, if anybody makes a half rod sampler of GA colors then I would get one of those. As far as frit goes, you might want to post a request in the garage area and see if anybody is willing to put a sampler together of a tablespoon or so of a bunch of different colors for a decent price. My personal favorite frit colors are NS Blue Moon, NS AP, NS DAP, NS Turbo Cobalt, and NS Intense Blue Green. But, I also like GA Silver Strike 3, GA Silver Strike 5, GA Purple Luster, GA Triple Passion, and GA Indigo Luster.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-09-28, 4:58am
Certified Glassaholic!

Thanks guys! I'll look into it

Old 2008-09-28, 6:44am

http://www.generationsglass.com/ is having a 25% off sale on all Schott clear boro.

Old 2008-09-28, 7:47am
Butterfly Rancher

Mountain Glass Arts near Asheville NC. They're fantastic to deal with!

And for frit blends -- http://www.thevenerable-bead.com/cat...hp?category=10

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2008-09-30, 2:28pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Send me a PM! I can get together a sample pack of sizes for ya and for less than the competition as well. I was going to offer another boro clear bulk buy this month but there are so many sales going on right now that the bulk buy wouldn't be any less expensive. Maybe next month....
Old 2008-10-01, 5:09am
Dead man walking

NS Frits and Powder sample pack:
http://www.mountainglassarts.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2239/.f

GA Frit Sample Pack
http://www.mountainglassarts.com/s.n...=2&category=88