LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2009-03-03, 5:28pm

Smile GTT Cheetah O2 use rate

Hello Everyone,

I am soon to upgrade to a GTT Cheetah. I know I will need more O2 for my setup, but I am curious if anyone knows how much these torches burn through. What PSI do they run at? How many hours can you get ou of a 125 cu/ft. green tank of O2? I am at a cross roads since I will go with multiple green tanks or a 160 Liter liquid O2 tank. The cost is the same, but since I live in an area where I can only get O2 once every two weeks I am trying to figure out what I need. If anyone has any experience with how many hours a GTT Cheetah willl run on a 125 cu/ft. green tank, please let me know.
Thanks in Advance.
Old 2009-03-03, 5:47pm

My tanks were about twice that size and they generally lasted about 20 to 25 hours, but it really depends on how you run your torch.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-05, 10:43am

Default cheetah

On a Cheetah GTT calls for 20 to 25lbs of pressure. That is a concideral amount of oxy. I myself have 2 oxycons with 8.5 psi each so, I am not running my torch at full power but, I am torching 19mm boro at at satisfactory rate. I suggest purchasing the cheetah use your tank and go from thier, you will find that the cheetah will cut your torching time in half. Although purchasing a new torch is like learning all your techniques over again. You will be amazed at what you can do with a new cheetah I am
Old 2009-03-05, 9:12pm
Bust It Big

try these 2 links they have the info you are looking for.

http://www.thegldg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19458
http://www.thegldg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21019

Tags
cheetah, gtt, liquid o2, oxygen