Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-08-29, 12:51pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam
Default beeing a complete hog....and a little color reference

I am soooo freakin happy cause I got da pink to behave!!! I have done everything from HOT to gentle and warm, I prayed to the torch godess, to the boro godess, to the kiln godess, heck I even prayed to buddha to make this freakin thing work....and it did! ( I think Buddha made it happen )

shazaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam pink. I know I am terribly arrogant but I am soo darn proud....it must have been my lucky day cause every bead I made came out perfect imo. Now if only the canon godess would listen to my prayers I'd be in heaven.Btw these are dark dougie pink but instead of warm yellow I used extra light yellow

( picture sucks, I know) Dougie rainbow, same pink as above, no warm yellow but extra light yellow

now these really sparkle, I used teal sparkle and purple lustre ( just a tad bit) and unobtabium, that stuff is AWESOME!!!

and now these are really cool imo, DAP and Amazon bronze... I read it in one of the threads a week or so ago that this could be a fab colorcombo and even though I did it " the wrong way around... they turned out so cool, the purple is almost glowing!

Have a nice evening, Suzanne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-08-29, 1:43pm
Does it come in Purple???

Suzanne - those are awesome - nice job. Can you repeat what Dougie pink is - is it ruby with yellow?

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2006-08-29, 3:10pm
Colors outside the lines

Wow, that pink is really gorgeous! On my monitor it looks like a nice sparkly fuschia.

Leah
Old 2006-08-29, 4:07pm
daughter and I

gorgeous beads Suzanne!

Seaside Fire Designs

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just swish and spit.
Old 2006-08-29, 4:43pm

Wowzers these beads ROCK Suzanne,love 'em!

Old 2006-08-29, 7:28pm
lov'in life!!!

BEAUTIFUL Suzanne!!! I would SO love to get that pink...one day

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2006-08-29, 8:11pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne

and now these are really cool imo, DAP and Amazon bronze... I read it in one of the threads a week or so ago that this could be a fab colorcombo and even though I did it " the wrong way around... they turned out so cool, the purple is almost glowing!

Have a nice evening, Suzanne
What do you mean that you did it the wrong way around?

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-08-29, 10:30pm
traumaqueen

thanks all!

@Eric, I striped DAP with amazon bronze instead of striping amazon bronze with DAP. The amazon bronze should work as a mirror for the DAP and bring out a bright purple. I'm trying it the other way around this afternoon and see what will happen ( so instead of using the the dap as a base I'll use the amazon bronze as a base)

will post pictures later on

Suzanne

Old 2006-08-30, 4:54am

Suzanne, those are all GORGEOUS beads! The eyepopping color is exceptional. Flame on, you boro goddess!
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com
Old 2006-08-30, 4:59am

Suzanne, Love the gorgeous beads , especially the pink ones.
Janet
Old 2006-08-30, 5:39am

Just beautiful Suzanne... thank you for showing us! I have just 1 question tho... I'm guessing but are these all kiln struck? Have a great day! Shari Barry
Old 2006-08-30, 6:23am
traumaqueen

I always flame strike my beads, and then put them in the kiln. THe pink beads are a different story, I don't fully strike them in the flame anymore, cause I always got pink liver poop beads, so I strike them just a tad bit, and then let the kiln do the rest.

when using the amber purples I always do a full flamestrike instead of kilnstriking since I want to know what I am getting right away

Old 2006-08-30, 7:29am
lov'in life!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne
I always flame strike my beads, and then put them in the kiln. THe pink beads are a different story, I don't fully strike them in the flame anymore, cause I always got pink liver poop beads, so I strike them just a tad bit, and then let the kiln do the rest.

when using the amber purples I always do a full flamestrike instead of kilnstriking since I want to know what I am getting right away
Suzanne, I have a quick question. If you do the Dougie pink beads and let the kiln strike them for you, does that mean that you don't work any AP for that day? Or, do you go ahead and work the AP but the kiln striking does nothing to change the color? Did that make ANY sense? lol

Old 2006-08-30, 7:49am
traumaqueen

it made a lot of sense...but I batch annealed these all together and the dap did not overstrike, just turned a little more intense purple.

Old 2006-08-30, 8:22am
lov'in life!!!

Do you mind posting your annealing schedule Suzanne? I would really appreciate it

Old 2006-08-30, 8:25am
traumaqueen

full ramp to 1100 , hold for 30 minutes, ramp down 1 degree per minute to 1050, 30 minute hold and then I shut my kiln down since it holds heat for a very long time.

I soak my beads at 950-1000, and if I put them right in the hot kiln I work the amber purples last since they are so intense

Hope this is any help,

Suzanne

Old 2006-08-30, 12:09pm
Type ZZZ personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskinDesigns
Suzanne - those are awesome - nice job. Can you repeat what Dougie pink is - is it ruby with yellow?
Ruby Strike 4 encased in Warm Yellow. (GA colors)

Suzanne, those beadies are just awesome!! Glad you finally got DP to work!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2006-08-30, 12:15pm
lov'in life!!!

Thanks so much Suzanne. I guess what I should do then, is do like you and work the DAP's at the end of my session. I don't like it to go too dark.

Also, what does the slow ramping down do? Does it affect your colors at all?

Old 2006-08-30, 12:19pm
traumaqueen

Krissa I don;t think slow ramping down affects the colors, but I am affraid if I ramp down to fast that the beads will crack

Old 2006-08-30, 1:41pm
Serenity Now!

Beautiful Suzanne - Keep up the great work!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-08-30, 9:25pm

Saw these on the "other" S&T. Was in awe. Suzanne, great job and thank you so much for sharing how you got these gorgeous colors....