LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-11-12, 3:25pm

Default Reichenbach 104 -- Help!

So after searching over 20 pages of threads to try to figure out what Mystics and Iris and the rest of this glass does, I'm just confused.

I bow to the glassy Masters in the hallowed halls of LE and am begging for some help.

Which ones do what?
What colors do you love and why?
What colors play/react well with other 104's?

I'm dying to get some of this glass, but want to make an educated purchase.

Thanks for any help or advice! (And pictures would be completely acceptable and greatly appreciated.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-12, 3:40pm
when in doubt, add a dot

I love the Reichenbach 104s. This is a beautiful glass. The colors are rich and satuated. The Mystic group has a slight shampoo-type look to it. They are somewhat striated. I like the Mystic Beige, and I love the Mystic Orange, that one does not striate too much, but it's a brillant clear semi-transparent orange. I have tried the Magic and I can't get it to do much, probably operator error! I have a sister that loves pink and I like their Pink Lady, it's a cranberry pink with lots of striation, kinda like the Rubino, without the burning problems. Because the glass is so rich I usually use it over a clear core, makes it go further too. I bought a lot of this glass when Olympic was running thier sales, and I am glad I did. I mix it freely with CIM, Effetre, Lauscha and Vetrofond, and haven't had any problems with incompatablility. The one thing I do when I mix manufacturers is heat the bead through well and garage it with a slight glow, and it all comes out great! (except for operator error, as I've mentioned...). All in all I'd say go for it, you'll love it!

Jaquetta

If you want my attention, talk glass to me.
Old 2009-11-12, 3:42pm
Tacki

I love the mystics all by themselves!

It's really hard to tell in the pic, but the all have a pearly sheen to them, like shampoo when you pour it in your hands. Except for the gray blue which I somehow left out of this pic, this is all the mystic colors. I think.

eta: The coral and the red look too much alike. If you get some mystics, save your money and opt for another color and skip either the red or the coral. The purple is my favorite one.

Last edited by tracidawn78; 2009-11-12 at 3:45pm.
Old 2009-11-12, 3:48pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROC View Post
So after searching over 20 pages of threads to try to figure out what Mystics and Iris and the rest of this glass does, I'm just confused.

I bow to the glassy Masters in the hallowed halls of LE and am begging for some help.

Which ones do what?
What colors do you love and why?
What colors play/react well with other 104's?

I'm dying to get some of this glass, but want to make an educated purchase.

Thanks for any help or advice! (And pictures would be completely acceptable and greatly appreciated.)
I don't have pictures at the moment but I will try and get some time tonite to help you out.
The mystic and Pearl colors are pretty much the same with the pearls, IMHO being a bit more shampoo like. Very pearly, very pretty. You can reduce the mystic colors as well but I work them like I would any other normal bead and it just does its thing.
Your iris colors are reducing colors. They will give you a metallic sheen when slightly reduced.
Pink lady, white, opal yellow and the rest of the colors I haven't played around with too much but they are just normal transparents and opaques. Everyone loves the Opal Raspberry and Iris Dense Blue. Some people find that the opal raspberry acts like Moretti "Evil Purple" and some say it devits when they work it with a slightly reducing flame.
The iris dense blue ...is a beautiful blue on its own or reduce it for a silver sheen.
Ummm what else...The Magic, Multicolor, Dark Multicolor, Raku in the 104 line pretty much do the same thing. They are all different variations to R-108 Iris Orange "Raku".
So far the multicolor dark is a favorite of mine and everyone else.
If you click on my page and go to the Reichenbach 104 page, there are pictures of the mystic and pearl colors made in bead form. I wish there was more time to make beads with the rest of the colors but I'm lacking in that area!
I hope that helps.

Old 2009-11-12, 3:49pm
Tacki

Also - Reenie has a fabulous collection of Reichenbach on her site. I buy all mine though her.
Old 2009-11-12, 3:59pm

Thanks Tracie....Wait till you see next week's stuff. NEW colors~~~

Here's a thread with a very bad picture of mine of the colors. It's not on the new site as I thought.

Shown are
Mystic Red, Mystic Orange, Mystic Blue, Pearl Violet, Soft Violet, Porcelain, Pearl Beige, Mystic Coral (not quite enough striking) Mystic Yellow, Pearl Pink. I think my favorites are the pink, the beige and the mystic blue.
I'm out of a few colors but they will arrive in a few days.

Old 2009-11-12, 4:07pm
Cherine Perrin Glass

Oh damn, wish I had never opened this thread. Now I want some Reich. 104! Traci and Irene, those are some gorgeous beads. I have some Reichenbach 96 but those Mystics are super cool!

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2009-11-12, 4:51pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
Thanks Tracie....Wait till you see next week's stuff. NEW colors~~~
So I want to wait till next week to shop, right?

Thanks so much guys. This is a really big help. Those Mystic colors are amazing, and I'm all about reducing with my little HH. LOL

I really appreciate your sharing info here you might have already posted. I spent hours combing through threads, and it would be great to have a lot of info on this glass in one thread. And, of course, I'd love to see any more pix you'd like to share (as I'm sure others would!) just to see how you've been using it.

As always, Traci, beautiful beads!! (off to Reenie's to make out my list . . .)

Old 2009-11-12, 5:32pm

I got the Reichenbach sample pack & I love them. The colors are gorgeous. I'm surprised they are not so common.

I would definitely suggest the sample pack so you can see them in person.
Old 2016-09-10, 7:59pm
Slogan Challenged...

I will add that the mystics have a beautiful pearl sheen but you need to work them quickly. Using a roller makes the edges devit or fade or lose color, some sort of reaction. A cool flame is better, as well.

Facebook:

Etsy: