Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-10-11, 1:24pm

So what do you feel when you remove the whip from your tank while the homefill is running???... If you put your thumb over the end does it feel like its putting anything out? You should be feeling it push. If not take the top off the homefill and unattach where the copper tube connects to the bottom of the qickconnect and check there.
Let me know what you are feeling from this thing. I cant really help diagnose unless i know if your getting pressure and where.
Khan
Old 2013-10-13, 10:21am

Deb... did you get it to work??

Khan
Old 2013-10-13, 10:42am

I am still working on it or my husband is. We have family visiting this weekend for our Canadian Thanksgiving so it may be next week before he gets to it. Hopefully it gets up and running soon as I am going through marble withdrawals. Without the tanked oxygen melting marbles takes to long. thanks for asking deb t

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-10-18, 8:47am

So my husband has narrowed it down to the little brass box that compresses the air, it is the second to the last one. Anyone know where I can get a replacement part?

Old 2013-10-18, 10:47am

One Invacare Way
Elyria, Ohio USA
44036-2125
800-333-6900
Old 2013-10-18, 11:01am

I will pass this info onto Jeff and see if they will sell us the part that is needed. I know that one place he tried to get the part from wouldn't sell it they wanted us to send the machine to them for repair. thanks deb t

Old 2013-10-18, 11:14am

Just talked to Jeff and he said he phoned this company last week and they would not sell him the part.

Old 2013-10-19, 2:12pm

Yea i know how that line goes... Well maybe you could find a place that works on them...like a retailer and you might talk them into ordering the part for you. Thats about all you can do because they control the parts and i dont know if those parts are used in anything else... but you should check if they are then you could get one.
Khan
Old 2013-11-07, 8:29am

Well it is finally fixed. Whoop!! Whoop!!! It ended up being one of the pistons thanks so much everyone for help me work through this.

Old 2013-12-04, 12:03pm

I am also having this problem. I think it may also be a piston because I hear the noise mostly coming from that. I took the middle check valve off and the tapping seems to be coming from the piston behind it. It sounds like the lines are filling but theres barely any pressure
Old 2013-12-04, 12:31pm

sent you a pm SiGlass

Old 2020-01-06, 11:24am

Default Homefill trouble shooting

Hi Deb Terry and forum, I saw that some people have had similar problems I'm having with their homefill units, does anyone still have any details on how to repair one of the pistons or replace one. I look forwatd to any help and will ne much appreciated.
Hope you got your homefill sorted too SimGlass.
Old 2020-01-07, 7:52am

Since I have had the same problem recently I will direct you to where this issue is directly answered, on FB. Look at the group 'Concentrated lampworking for adults'. End result for me was to change oxy system, still working with concentrators, but replacing homefill with an air compressor. Not an expensive switch, depending on how many concentrators you already have.
Another group on FB which deals with this issue...'Concentrated Lampworkers'.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]

Last edited by PennyLane; 2020-01-07 at 7:55am.
Old 2020-01-07, 9:09am
Phill

Be careful about using machines that have oil/s in, on or have had oil as a lubricant.

Oxygen will cause oil/s to spontaneously combust starting a fire if you are lucky or an explosion if you are not lucky.

Homefil machines pressurize oxygen to 2500 psi so finding something to replace that kind of pressure is going to be spendy.