Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-05-22, 8:49pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Wow, everyone, I am thrilled to see some of you jump in and just try it! The shells are a blast and they get better with each one. Felicia and Brenda in my class sounds like a LOT of fun, wooohoo!

Glad to have you with us Deb, be ready for a jam-packed fun 4 days!

Patty, I LOVE that shell, you really have a knack for them sweetie!
Beautiful job too Hannah, they are all gorgeous!

Classes are UP and ready for musing through....with sign up less than 2 weeks away make sure to find some time to pick 1st, 2nd and maybe 3rd choices for each time slot.

Hopefully we can get through call on Sat, June 4rth, but if not we will continue Sunday. I have a crew of gals coming to help out with sign up so it should go fast.

Can't wait to see the GS family again and new members....the highlight of the glassy year!

I am super excited about the class line up, we are going to have another GREAT event!
Hugs and happiness!
deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-06-01, 9:05pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi everyone!
Since there is a lot of info on this thread too I wanted to pop in here and remind everyone of the payment/class selection this weekend. The June newsletter will be out tomorrow night with all the info again if you need it.

We do still have a few spots for those who want to still sign up. If you jump in now you stand as good a chance at great classes as those who are ready to pick classes Saturday.

Can't wait to see you all there!
deb and the GS West team

Old 2011-06-03, 6:56am

So many choices Deb I'm having a hard time picking. I'm thinking of just throwing them all into a hat and randomly picking. lol

Old 2011-06-03, 7:23pm

I hear ya

Michelle
Old 2011-06-03, 7:42pm
Angel's Mom

You can't go wrong with any of the classes. You might pick something that's just a little out of your comfort zone (like a beginning boro class if you've only done soft glass). You will strech you skill sets like you won't believe.

And if you don't get in to all of the classes you want, very often you will see a teacher demo something during the "official" demos, or later on during open torch, so you kind of get to see it anyway. All of the teachers are so very helpful!
Old 2011-06-04, 12:01pm
Type ZZZ personality

I second what Kris said!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2011-06-05, 7:04am
Wooohooo,GS!

I third what Kris said!

The sign up was super smooth, we managed to get all the calls done in 5 hours this year!

I got up early, made a yummy coffeecake and some Kona coffee and covered the kitchen table with rosters, phone # and payment order lists and of course, chocolate!

Thank you to everyone for being so nice, patient and super excited for September, all of us had a great time!!! Thanks to all of you, we laughed our butts off the whole time and long afterwards! In fact, I woke up still smiling but at least my stomach doesn't hurt anymore from laughing SO hard...thanks for the love, support and cheer from all of you!

After the blitz, we spent a few hours in the warm sunshine watching my koi soak up the rays too, had yummy filet mignons for dinner and a couple glasses of champagne while soaking in the hot tub! I slept like a baby!

Ahhhh...a fantastic ending to a great week!

Hugs, see you all in a few months!
deb

Old 2011-06-05, 7:45am
Still makin' flowers...

What a great day, Deb! Loved talking to you yesterday afternoon!

I hope everyone got the classes they wanted.

B updated the website and there's still a little bit of space for you if you decide, last minute, that you want to come to this event and haven't signed up yet. Where else can you learn to make a boro marble run with Bhandu and also learn Margaret Zinser's fantastic soft glass painting techniques all in one weekend?

Check out the website for more information, and email Deb.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-06-05, 8:20am

Got all the classes I wanted and I got to chat with Deb YEAH GLASS STOCK! I am so excited I can hardly stand it.
Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2011-06-05, 8:25am
I'm a lilac!

I LOVED the year I was able to attend Glass Stock, and wish I could afford to go this year! So envious of y'all!

Old 2011-06-05, 9:13am
I'm meeeeelting

Glad sign up went so smoothly and that you guys even managed to get some sun! It was weird to not be waiting on pins and needles for payment time and the calls this year (and also a lot easier to figure out what to take, having less slots to fill). What's everyone taking? I'm in MZ's class and Deb's blown shell class. I spent yesterday morning volunteering at Pratt during Sally Prasch's GAS Conference demo. It was pretty cool - scientific glass and how to stabilize tubing and tubing inside tubing for blowing.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2011-06-05, 12:11pm
I like to melt things

I'm thrilled with my class selection and I can't wait!

Thank you Jackie and Deb for the pain-free class sign-up process. We are going to have so much fun!!

-
-
Old 2011-06-05, 2:58pm

I had several moments of panic yesterday as I kept missing Deb's calls! Can you believe it?! We were getting ready to go househunting and I couldn't find my purse as my cell phone was ringing! Luckily Deb called back. Then as I was getting out of the car, I dropped my schedule in the pouring rain and it got water logged. Then, we were having burritos and I went to get more salsa when I missed Deb's call AGAIN!! It was still pouring buckets of rain too.

But I did get signed up for all the classes I wanted, cuz I want to take EVERY class! Thank you Debbie, I can't wait! It even cleared up a bit now, so I might be able to get some torch time in today, my torch is outside.

See y'all soon!
Old 2011-06-05, 5:12pm

Got all the classes i wanted, but then again I wanted them ALL !!!!
Jackie, you made it so easy and simple to pick ! And Deb, always awesome to talk to you! Just in case you needed the spelling of my last name : Merke !

See you all soon....Sept is so far away .....

Penny
Old 2011-06-06, 2:03am

Oh Wow I can't tell you the excitement I am feeling. I am going to meet Margaret and learn from her and yeah all that....and Patty I am going to be learning about little vessels....I own a tink and love it..can you believe someone sent it to me as a thank you one year. I will definitely be wearing it to your class. I got to talk to Deb...I waited until 5 and didn't get a call. I was like okay whatz up..so went to the internet to find a message from her that she didn't have my phone number. And even though I was one of the last called I got everything and more. Deb you deserved the awesome day you had. See you soon.
Old 2011-06-06, 8:03am

I got the call and everything went so smooth you girls rock! I can only imagine what it takes to organize an event this size. Great job.

Old 2011-06-06, 4:03pm
Type ZZZ personality

So glad everything went smoothly! I can't imagine how much of a headache it could be. But you're such a pro, Deb, you have it all figured out!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

BTW, I'll be contacting everyone soon for T-shirt sizes, so keep an eye out for your email! Hannah, I've already got you down for the XXXL.

Old 2011-06-06, 11:30pm

If Hannah's an XXXL then put me down for an XXXS, this must be Oz where everything is upside down and backwards.
Old 2011-06-07, 7:44am
Wooohooo,GS!

AW, I loved talking with everyone, it was soooo much fun! You guys are great!
Sorry for the delay Jo, but so glad you called....I tried frantically to find #s from last year to find you just as you were calling, whew!

Brenda, you sure had a day! We always gave it 5 minutes (great for coffee, potty, lol!) before calling someone back. Almost always we got the person before we had to move on so it went really smoothly! I just hope your food wasn't soggy too

Felicia, that rocks, Sally Prasch is amazing (so are you though!).

Penny and Jodie, you girls are always a pleasure to talk to!

Kalera, it was great having you come to GS, would love to have you back anytime!

Patty, you are SO funny and my stomach is still recovering, lol! I guess I better get a XXXL too.....and where is the wizard? I could use an extra hand for torching!

I will be sending out the hot shop schedule with item descriptions. We will handle the sign up via email but to make things easier we will have you still make the checks out to EGS but also mail them there, not here.
I will send the full Hot Shop roster to them when completed in a couple weeks.
You will have 2 weeks to pay for those spots after you email me what you would like to sign up for.

Also, we will have Patty collecting T-shirt sizes like she mentioned, she is SO great with the PC stuff! I just finished the art work for it and am now deciding on colors, etc.

The time is flying here, it will be Sept before we know it!

BIG glassy hugs!
deb and the GS Team

Old 2011-06-07, 6:11pm

Everybody at Ikea was sure glaring at me, husband included when you called Deb. Guess I am not a quiet talker . Was AWESOME to talk to you cannot wait for the madness to officially begin! Want to see all the glassy peeps!

Michelle
Old 2011-06-19, 7:31am
Still makin' flowers...

Just did an update to the web page...
Check out the new photos on Doretha Jones wire and beads classes!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-07-11, 5:15pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Lol, Michelle, I bet that was interesting! Well, people just don't understand and that is ok, we know it was important!

I can't wait either....time is going fast though...it will be here before I know it...

Thanks for the update Hannah, I love her knitted bracelet too!

Remember, we need your T-shirt sizes and correct name spellings sent to Patty asap so we can get your shirts ordered! Info on the latest newsletter.

See you all soon!
deb and the GS West Team

Old 2011-07-16, 8:01am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey everyone!
Please remember to send in your T-shirt sizes and name spellings to Patty, we are getting down to the deadline and we put everyone who attends names on the shirt!

We still have a few spots and great classes to choose from, come join us for some serious fun!
deb

Old 2011-07-18, 6:41pm
Type ZZZ personality

I sent out reminder emails for those I don't have tshirt info for.
If I missed you, please email me at patty@rusticstudio.com

Thanks and I can't wait!!

Old 2011-07-19, 9:33am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Patty, you are awesome! I really appreciate you handling the info for the shirts for us!

This takes a lot of work from a lot of folks, thank you to EVERYONE for all the help, research and time, it takes all of us to make it so great!

Can't wait either, wooohooo!
deb

Old 2011-07-19, 10:58am

Can you do a live broadcast so I'm not in total withdrawal......

Old 2011-07-19, 11:31am
I'm meeeeelting

LOL, Leslie. Maybe we can shoot some video on our phones and email it to you.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2011-07-19, 11:33am
Master Procrastinator

E-mail them to me too! Miss you all SO much!!

Old 2011-07-19, 9:39pm

I would love, love, love that! And, I'd even settle for a photo or two. Have to live vicariously by the rest of you all.

Old 2011-07-30, 10:04pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, Les, Chuck and Lea...it isn't the same without you all! Wahhhhh!

I love all the new people we meet, the ones we already know that we look forward to every year and the ones we miss that we don't get to see that year, it always feels like a family when it is over!

We will keep the pics coming ladies!
xoxoxo deb