Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2010-11-26, 4:33pm

Default Stainless Steel Wine Bottle Stoppers - Need a Source

Anyone selling or have a source for beadable stainless steel wine bottle stoppers? Can't use the chrome plated ones.
Old 2010-11-28, 12:17pm

I'd like to know too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-11-28, 10:28pm

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-11-29, 9:07am
Meow.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know of some folks who had problems with the beadpen ones. Beads didn't fit or something. Not sure of specifics. I order from the link above - they have four styles and they are all terrific. I order the mini bullets and love, love, LOVE them.

ETA: It's important to note, I guess, how I make the tops for these. I build them on the end of a large hole mandrel (don't know the size off the top of my head, but can check if you want. Then I epoxy the top to the base. I've been doing this for several years and had zero problems. Just work cleanly with the epoxy and wipe up any 'spooges' with alchohol before the epoxy cures.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!

Last edited by tgslampwork; 2010-11-29 at 9:09am.
Old 2010-11-29, 9:14am
Meow.

These are nice too - I received a sample from Ruth when I was doing a local(ish) bulk buy soem time ago. The are incredibly well made and Ruth was a dream to deal with (I think that was her name, it was some time ago). It's a personal preference thing on style, I guess. These would have to be made the same way I make the others - at the end of a big-hole mandrel.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2010-11-29, 9:22am
Meow.

The mandrel size I use is 3/8"

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2010-11-29, 2:56pm

Thank you for the link, Broadbead! Thanks for all the links and info, Kim! Will any 2 part epoxy work for these?

Old 2010-11-29, 2:59pm

I think I like the first one on this page, the threads may make a better surface for the glue to adhere to. Thanks Kim!

Quote:

These are nice too - I received a sample from Ruth when I was doing a local(ish) bulk buy soem time ago. The are incredibly well made and Ruth was a dream to deal with (I think that was her name, it was some time ago). It's a personal preference thing on style, I guess. These would have to be made the same way I make the others - at the end of a big-hole mandrel.

Old 2010-11-29, 3:02pm
Meow.

I usually buy the 2-part epoxy straight from the same place...but in a pinch (and I've had many pinches) I use basic 2-part epoxy from the hardware store or grocery store. And for the record - I've had the same thought about the threads.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2010-11-29, 3:09pm

Thanks Kim! Gosh I love these wood turning sites, I'd love to take a class some day. I can see myself getting hooked on that as much as glass, lol!

Quote:
I usually buy the 2-part epoxy straight from the same place...but in a pinch (and I've had many pinches) I use basic 2-part epoxy from the hardware store or grocery store. And for the record - I've had the same thought about the threads.

Old 2010-11-29, 5:19pm

Thank you Beadbroad and Kim, really appreciate the help!
Old 2010-11-29, 7:31pm

You're welcome! Glad you got a few options.
Old 2011-10-04, 8:40am

The mandrels on the stainless steel wine stoppers from the beadpen group (
) are 2.5 mm, the same rods that is incorporated into the patented beadpens.