LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-09-09, 7:29pm

Thanks Manda! I almost always use it with leaf or foil because I'm an organic kind of beadmaker. I like the stone look I get when ivory reacts with silver. Curdled ivory is a batch variation of dark ivory that some thought was more reactive than normal dark ivory. It came out sometime in the last year.

Patti-That Ekho bead is beautiful.
Old 2009-09-10, 1:20pm

EDP

Ivory of some sort (I'm partial to honey crunch by vetro, but that's an odd...I'll take any ivory & work with it though )

Opal Yellow

Copper Green

Black (I'll use vetro or effetre, CIM is fab too, they're all a bit different & fun!)

Clear (gotta be able to encase, or dot & twist, or, or, or...! again, many choices, many possiblities!)

Lichen (yeah, it's an odd, but I love it)

Can I just vote "silver-glass" as a color? My "current" favorites are TN200 (yeah, extinct odd lot), some of Brad's striking-glass frits (sigh...I've gotten samples!), Taxco, Davinci2...I'd say pick any single striking color that suits your fancy & just play with it until you can make it sing...and/or if you're on a hothead, pick a reduction color....they're just so much fun! (or, see if you can luck out & find a "shorts sampler mystery bag" for sale --add that to some white/clear/black you've got a lot of playtime right there!)

Lauscha Pink (the opaque one)

"Rocky" Rubino by vetrofond--easiest batch ever to strike & lovely plummy color.

I guess that's 10, huh?

I could play with those for a long time....of course, add some silver foil & some frit....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-09-10, 1:21pm

I'm dying for some multicolor & to add "all" the Reichenbach104 colors to my stash! They all look so yummilicious!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-09-10, 3:26pm

hmm i would have a hard time picking but i do love EDP, Copper green, opal yellow, turquoise..my favorite would be raku but i work on a hothead and have never had good luck with it..great info thanks all!!

Old 2021-02-03, 8:40pm

Default Thank you

Thank you guys for sharing all this great information
Old 2021-03-01, 7:58am
french lover

Ornella 9009 red striking color amazing
Reichenback deep black for shards
Rubino oro effetre with reichenback white enamel for goog effect
Old 2021-11-27, 10:00pm

Thank you for sharing