Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2016-01-17, 1:15pm
Ellyloo-YAH!

Heh. Well of COURSE.
She'll be making 500$ beads in no time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2016-01-17, 3:12pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

Too bad there isn't someone else like her out there to buy them and not pay for them, or have them stolen out of her mailbox.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague
Old 2016-02-04, 2:24pm

She purchased a set for me as well around a month ago and never paid, and never contacted me either.

The user name is enhpad254-1, she has 2 different names under her account, initials are DM and EW. The address is in Fairbanks CA.

I'm glad I found this thread, I just googled her username after reading all your posts I'm actually happy she didn't pay as I don't want my beads to be stolen from her mailbox.

Magma Beads .

Old 2016-02-06, 3:55pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

Thanks for the heads up. I'll add that name to the LONG list of the others.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2016-02-10, 5:43pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

I just got hit by her again the new ID is missmcdowel-0. I am sooooo tired of her.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2016-02-10, 6:22pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Un-freaking-believable! It's infuriating that eBay won't do anything about it. That makes ELEVEN user names I now have her blocked under! How does she not understand that we don't want to do business with her?

I'm so sorry she's targeting you again, but thanks so much for keeping us informed!

Nortel Minor with one Concentrator
Old 2016-02-10, 6:58pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

She just asked why she couldn't bid on my items, so I told her, and I didn't use any bad words either.............but I wanted to.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2016-02-10, 7:10pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

She just replied and she is SHOCKED I tell you, shocked that I would think she is a scammer. The address is Willits CA.
Wouldn't you think eBay could be able to check the IP address of all these different names?

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2016-02-10, 7:38pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadgal View Post
She just asked why she couldn't bid on my items, so I told her, and I didn't use any bad words either.............but I wanted to.
I remained professional as well, but after her third pleading reply I just had to quit responding for fear of letting it all hang out.

Old 2016-02-10, 7:56pm
Phill

You all have my admiration for dealing with this person in a civil manner.

I might have quit selling altogether or gotten myself arrested.
Old 2016-02-10, 8:24pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedslug View Post
You all have my admiration for dealing with this person in a civil manner.

I might have quit selling altogether or gotten myself arrested.
I was a Customer Service Supervisor for many years in my "life before glass", so I have a lot of experience dealing with "special customers".

The advantage to being a business owner is, if it gets really ugly I can just

Old 2016-02-10, 8:27pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

That is why I sit in my basement studio all the time. My filter isn't just broken, it's nonexistent. I'm surprised I was civil too.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2016-02-14, 2:05am
Naysayer

I'm not advocating for ebay, but they may not know? There are so many users that they might not look into things unless they are alerted. Is there a report option? At least those that have dealt with her. I'll look later, i'm off to bed.

The one magma mentioned, same lady?
Old 2016-02-14, 9:41am
Cheesehead Packer lover

Same lady just different names.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2016-02-17, 2:06pm

Ok, she has just bid on the item I relisted that she didn't pay for, that is madness isn't it?

I've just spoken to ebay and they have confirmed it's her, ID is elain.weave

I can't believe she would do that.

Magma Beads .

Old 2016-02-17, 3:12pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
Ok, she has just bid on the item I relisted that she didn't pay for, that is madness isn't it?

I've just spoken to ebay and they have confirmed it's her, ID is elain.weave

I can't believe she would do that.
So sorry Regis! Yes it is madness!!!

Just for the record, these are the Id's you should have in your Blocked Bidder list. These are all of her Id's that we know of so far. eBay doesn't seem to want to do anything about her but at least we can keep adding the names to our blocked lists as we find out about them.

happinessis2014
mcdow_teres
mcdowfra
weave-fra
elain.weave
hj897125
bazus10
bazus2014
enhpad254-1

Old 2016-02-17, 3:16pm

Thanks Dawn, I should have made sure I had them all added to my list.

I still can't believe she would bid on the same set she didn't pay for, some people !

Magma Beads .

Old 2016-02-17, 9:18pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

I have called eBay about her and all of her different ID's, but when she threatened to leave negative feedback because I wouldn't let her bid, they finally listened. My biggest fear is that she will jump in at the last few seconds to bid with a new ID and I won't be able to stop her.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2016-02-17, 11:10pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
Thanks Dawn, I should have made sure I had them all added to my list.

I still can't believe she would bid on the same set she didn't pay for, some people !
She actually did this to me when she first started bidding on my beads. She won a set and after a few weeks of not paying, we mutually agreed to cancel the order. (This is when I was still believing her sad stories and didn't know she was scamming others as well.) I waited a while and re-listed the set. She ended up bidding on it again and winning, but this time she paid right away. What pissed me off is that she got them for half the price the second time around!

Hope she enjoys them because they will be the LAST beads she ever gets from me.

Old 2016-02-17, 11:18pm
Loving learning

Maybe that is her strategy, to keep them from going to someone else until she lucks into a lower top bid price?
Old 2016-02-17, 11:24pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadgal View Post
I have called eBay about her and all of her different ID's, but when she threatened to leave negative feedback because I wouldn't let her bid, they finally listened. My biggest fear is that she will jump in at the last few seconds to bid with a new ID and I won't be able to stop her.
So you say they finally listened, but what did they actually do about it? There has to be some way they can deactivate all her accounts and prevent her from creating any new accounts. They're the great and powerful eBay after all.

And just because she wins an auction at the last second doesn't mean you have to complete the transaction. You have the right to cancel the order even after the auction has ended. I've had to do that twice with her.

Will this nightmare ever end?

Old 2016-02-17, 11:28pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
Maybe that is her strategy, to keep them from going to someone else until she lucks into a lower top bid price?
Well she fooled me once and that was enough.

Sadly she will probably just move on to some other unsuspecting victim.

Old 2016-02-18, 1:19am

I called ebay as well and told them about the multiple user names, they told me there was a way to stop her from creating new accounts using her postal details and that they would do it, but I guess she could use a friends address.

Magma Beads .

Old 2016-02-18, 8:16am
Cheesehead Packer lover

I think no matter how many names she uses, they still come from the same IP address. There must be a way they can really do something.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
Old 2016-02-18, 9:08pm
Phill

Perhaps it is time to send a letter to Ebay on a lawyers letter head threatening legal action for the time costs to your business for any future dealings with this person.

Ebay can shut down an IP address and follow that up with shutting out a whole internet service provider and make her ISP pull her up short.

They would do this if someone was selling drugs or child porn on the Ebay or any of the other things that constitute fraud like stolen credit card numbers.
Old 2016-02-19, 2:52pm

Ok, a new lady has won the exact beads she never paid for that I relisted, and the street address is one street away from hers, in Willits, CA 95490. Coincidence? I don't think so.

The name on that account is Teresa, ID is baublesandbling2016

She has a lot of nerve, and she won the beads for much less than previously. I am cancelling the order and I will block her new ID. I think she has ruined this sale for me, if I relist them again I'm worried she will buy them again with a new account.

I sent a big letter to ebay with all the user names she has used, I am waiting for them to get back to me to let them know about this new one.

Magma Beads .

Old 2016-02-19, 3:25pm
Mmmmm....Raku

OH.MY.GOD!!!!!
Yes, that's her. If you click on the ID History for that baublesandbling2016 this is what it brings up...

baublesandbling2016...Feb-12-16 - Present
happinessis2014.........May-05-14 - Feb-12-16
teresbaz...................May-05-14 - May-05-14

So instead of creating a new ID this time, she just changed the name of one of her old ID's! She's really getting creative now. eBay needs to shut her ass down!

Old 2016-02-19, 3:53pm

Good grief! I love beads too, but I don't resort to criminal means to get them.
Old 2016-02-19, 8:05pm

This person is worse than a hemorrhoid (pain in the a** and always coming back). It has to be some kind of disease for a person to be putting in so much effort and time to be doing this all the time.. Also so surprising that nothing can actually be done about it.. Every time I order something I am so fast to pay for it because I don't want to have a bad name and to think this person is getting away with all this... always thought we were protected by paypal but apparently not...I try to tell people about this person and how she is getting away with it and they cant believe it either, just as they believe they are protected by paypal also. go figure
Old 2016-02-19, 9:45pm

Sharpcanoe,

I wrote a big letter to ebay with all her different usernames and all the proof they needed. Something will be done to stop her from creating new accounts but it will take time.

Unfortunately not much can be done if she buys a set of beads and pays for them with an account that doesn't have any reports against it.

She paid for the my latest set of beads straight away, which she purchased a month ago for a lot more but never paid for under a different name. So I couldn't cancel the order because she refused to cancel it, both sides have to agree.

What I did is refund her through paypal because there is no way I am selling to her, but she can leave feedback for the transaction. I doubt she will but she can.

Magma Beads .