Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2011-03-29, 5:52pm
Hothead:loud and proud ;)

Default I have my tutorial, now what?

I have it in Word and I believe you need to convert it to something else? I'm pretty sure my Word is from 2007 if it helps. How exactly do you go about doing that?

Thanks,
Abigail Lyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-29, 5:55pm

I also have word 7. Click on the colorfully thingy on the left top. Click "save as" and you can save as a pdf file. When I send my tutorials out, I send them both word doc and pdf file.

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 2011-03-29, 6:11pm

Colorfully thingy. Ha! Great Thank you so much!

Old 2011-03-29, 6:41pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

OK Abigail...... Which one of your awesome beads are you doing the tutorial on? Your musical note bead? or your bio-planter bead?..... what creativity!! awesome Sandy

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2011-03-30, 8:59am

I was actually going to include a tutorial on applying murrini with every purchase. It's lovely to see you're a fellow Lampwork Ect, Sandy. Thank you for the kind words.

Old 2011-03-30, 3:00pm

Alright, it appears that my Word is from 2000 and not 2007. Does anyone know of a good PDF converting method?

Old 2011-03-30, 3:14pm
Finding Sanity with Glass

these are both free. I have used them both and they work great.

www.cutepdf.com/

www.primopdf.com/

BTW.... LOVE your musical note bead!!!!!!

Smiles,
Wendy

" border="0" />

Old 2011-04-15, 9:29pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

Well....... any hints on whatcha workin on? Pssst... if you type it in small letters, maybe no one will see it and it'll be our secret!!

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2011-04-16, 6:45am
Glass-aholic

Open Office will also convert to PDF's and it is free I love Open Office! Much more user friendly than Microsoft office it times!!! It will also open almost any type of file, with little to no conversion issues, and save in almost any other format as well.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:

Last edited by jaci; 2011-04-16 at 6:47am.
Old 2011-04-16, 7:49am

I don't know about a PC but on a Mac you also can go to the "print" option and there will be an option to save as a PDF. That is what I did.

Old 2011-04-16, 3:50pm
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Abbie - I'd LOVE to see a tut on your "note" beads (like the one in your avatar) - that is one Bodaciously Gorgeous bead!!

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2011-04-16, 6:34pm

cute pdf is super easy to use and also free. We use it in the office on a more than daily basis lol.

Old 2011-04-25, 1:23am
Lush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post

When I send my tutorials out, I send them both word doc and pdf file.
Really? Do you mind me asking why? I just did my first tutorial and have only been sending the PDF - do I need to send the doc as well? I do follow up with an email saying to let me know if there's any problem with the download (all has been well so far!)