Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-01-27, 4:57pm

Well I got mine to try out, it just arrived yesterday and I am just learning implosions - so please be kind

After wrestling the sticks off my kids, who were having a ball charging them up on a lamp and then running into the dining with the shutters down, I had my first go of the glow glass. I am dodgy as hell at implosions and had been practicing them as the backs for boro turtles so I thought I would try a glowing one or two. I was surprised at how nicely the glass flowed and how lovely it was to use. Here's a couple pics, one in the light and then one in the dark for comparison. I did sit them under a lamp just before taking this pic, but the "glowiness" seemed to hang around for quite a while.

Oh Val, I had ordered mine ages ago too, but Joe has been really sick (in and out of hospital etc.) and I am sure you will get your stuff soon too . I had sent a couple of emails as well because I was getting worried, but he really doesn't seem like the type who takes the money and runs.... he has an excellent reputation and I am sure is trying his best when he is so unwell. I really hope you get your glass to play with, it was sure worth the wait.

The trouble now of course is.... I want lots more of it!

Nat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-01-27, 10:54pm
Borovangelist

Pretty cool! Nice job on the glow shots too

|
|
Old 2010-01-28, 4:24pm
Serenity Now!

Looking good Nat - and I love how your lovely accent comes through in your post! Actually, I never did get the chance to even pay - and it was from way, way back - far before any sickness or anything like that. Who knows? Odd thing is - I'm sure he's seen my post in this thread, and yet still never responded. I suppose it was just not in the stars...
Hope you feel better Joe.

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2010-01-30, 4:52am
Formerly Fireflyartglass

I didn't even notice her accent then I had to go back and read Nats post again! I must admit that "having a ball" and "dodgy as hell" are sentences you will often hear come out of my mouth too! I forget that Aussies have their own cool lingo!

I like your turtles nat they really are bloody little rippa's!
Old 2010-01-30, 5:17am

Thanks heaps ladies & Gent!

And here I was thinking I hadn't used an "accent" ha ha ha! I didn't really think about those sayings as being uniquely Australian! I think I need to do some travel, are you packing your bag too Leanne? We could use the loss of accents as the excuse and fly to the US and get us a whole stack of glass and bits and bobs (I definitely want more glowsticks for one) just as a sideline to the purpose of the trip of course.

Hey Val, I couldn't even tell you were from Canada (no Eh in there anywhere )

I am going to have another go at the glowsticks tomorrow, I am thinking of trying a marble, but a friend wants a glowing heart pendant

Cheers all, how about more glowing glass from you mob,

Nat

Old 2010-01-31, 1:04pm

Here's my next try of glowstix! I made a small sugared heart pendant (just some fine clear frit applied on the outside of solid glowglass and not melted right in).

Here's the pics for comparison:

I hope I am not being a pest with all these posts/pics! This heart using the solid glowstix is REALLY bright and retains its glow for quite a while. I do admit that I didn't overwork it or anything, but I hadn't really charged it up for the dark pic - it was just glowing from the sun!

Have a good week everyone,

Nat

Last edited by Natsprat; 2010-01-31 at 1:21pm. Reason: better pic link