Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-01-11, 11:07pm
Dot Princess

Barb, how scary glad he is okay!
Jamey, ouch and to have done it coughing holy forceful cough you have there.
Chris, I am not on the list not that I will be able to participate (Its possible but not likely )

More lauren pics

My little princess came Dec 30,2009 Still no time for beads
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
boy is she a demanding little thing.
Old 2010-01-12, 3:43am
the Evil One

Chris I would definitely ignore it. I'll bring my application Saturday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-01-12, 4:06am

Lenora,
I'm here. Meeting at Delphi is fine with me. What time?

Sharlyn
Old 2010-01-12, 4:08am
the Evil One

Does anyone want to meet for dinner this week in BC?

Old 2010-01-12, 5:40am
Your Royal Fritness

Meeting at Delphi works for me

Old 2010-01-12, 5:52am
Eight Miles Wide

Chris, my app is in the mail today!

Old 2010-01-12, 6:52am
I have beady eyes

Dinner in BC this week sounds wonderful - Thurs @ Panera @ 5:30?

Lenora - I will have beads for you Saturday - I have been making little spikes like a mad woman. Hope you like them - If not, I'll bet I can find someone who does.
Old 2010-01-12, 6:56am
I have beady eyes

Jamey Lynn - do you have the latest issue of The Flow yet? (Women in beads). If so, could you bring some copies for all us magazineaholics? As long as you have some space beside all that red frit (I'll take some of that too). Hope you are feeling better by Sat.
Old 2010-01-12, 8:04am
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJJunk View Post
I'm planning on going on Sat. Who's going from GR and what time should we leave and from where? I'm thinking the parking lot down near Rt 6 is good? (I thnk that's the route # - maybe exit 76?)

Don't know what I'm bringing yet.
Barb, Glad your son is ok!

Can I grab a ride at the Bradley exit parking lot?

Karen

~
~
~
~
Old 2010-01-12, 8:07am
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Jamey,

I'll take some of the red frit too. Size 2 for sure and maybe the the size 1. Just bring lots, lol. Thanks.

My SIL did the coughing & breaking ribs thing before, hope the meds help fast.

Karen

~
~
~
~
Old 2010-01-12, 8:09am
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrabbit View Post

I'm planning on being at the meeting this weekend. Not sure what kind of food I'm bringing yet. I'll have to see if I can dig up anything for the garage sale. It probably won't be glass - I've hardly had the chance to figure out if I hate anything yet. I'm in the market for yarn if anyone has some to get rid of. I'm back to knitting again since I can't make beads right now.

Any Lansing area gals up for carpooling?
I've got some yarn I'll never use too.

Karen

~
~
~
~
Old 2010-01-12, 8:37am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Crista, I do have the new issue of the flow here, and the one before that too. I forgot to put the last one on my site! Duh. But I just got the womens issue, so have not had a chance to get that on the site yet.

I am planning on just bringing all the frit, that way there is no worries on having enough of the right sizes.

I will also be bringing the newer blue chalcedony. The blue chalcedony turns into blues and purples and is easier to get colors from since it is not going towards the pink colors.

Old 2010-01-12, 9:07am
Cute and bitey

Ouch, JameyLynn! Hope you feel better soon!

Yay yarn! I'll make sure I have some caaaaash...

Delphi sounds good to me. How about 9:30? That will give us half an hr to shop. BC is just an hour away if we leave at 10.

Hey, has anyone used one of those knotter tools for knotting beads/pearls? I have one and can't figure out how to use it. There's a critical step or something missing in the instructions. If anyone has used one of these and can show me how, I'll bring mine to the meeting. Much appreciated!
Old 2010-01-12, 9:37am
I have beady eyes

Art Center in Battle Creek has 2 metal working classes coming up: Forming and Texturizing Weds @ 6:30, 3 weeks starts tomorrow night and Cold Connections 2, Thurs for 6 weeks starts Feb 11 6:30-8:30 http://www.artcenterofbattlecreek.or...chedule10.html. I debating on the cold connections class . . .
Old 2010-01-12, 10:03am
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristabman View Post
Art Center in Battle Creek has 2 metal working classes coming up: Forming and Texturizing Weds @ 6:30, 3 weeks starts tomorrow night and Cold Connections 2, Thurs for 6 weeks starts Feb 11 6:30-8:30 http://www.artcenterofbattlecreek.or...chedule10.html. I debating on the cold connections class . . .
Cold Coneections looks cool, but I obviously haven't taken cold connections 1... I bet I could wing it.

Old 2010-01-12, 11:29am
going crazy

Looks like I'll get the van and drive on Sat.. With me, MJ, Jamey, Sharon, and picking up Karen I think your car would be pretty full MJ. I can't remember if Rosemary or Caroline are coming or not.

My button mandrel listed here!
Old 2010-01-12, 12:31pm
I have beady eyes

Melissa - I haven't take Cold Connections 1 either, but I do know which end of the hammer to use (usually. I know which end of the glass rod is hot too, usually). I think we'd be the stars of the class. I need to take it to have a couple of hours a week to practice undistracted.
Old 2010-01-12, 2:03pm
Button Queen

Delphi at 9:30 sounds good to me!
Old 2010-01-12, 3:30pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Laura Lou are you planning on doing next months meeting??? I haven't seen you post in some time. If not we need to decide who will take it on

Old 2010-01-12, 3:42pm
Your Royal Fritness

Sharlyn and I will be at Delpi at 9:30

Old 2010-01-12, 3:46pm
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Melissa - I haven't take Cold Connections 1 either, but I do know which end of the hammer to use (usually. I know which end of the glass rod is hot too, usually). I think we'd be the stars of the class. I need to take it to have a couple of hours a week to practice undistracted.
I'll google it to see exactly where it is from me (kind of wuss to drive in the snow. Ihate my Subaru), and I'll check my finances. I'll give you a heads up in the next 24 hours if I think I'll do it.

Old 2010-01-12, 4:55pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eared pig View Post
Chris, my app is in the mail today!
Good job Melissa! You should get a prize! lol Like I tell my kids at school, If I gave extra credit points, you'd get em!

Old 2010-01-12, 5:04pm
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfirebeads View Post
Good job Melissa! You should get a prize! lol Like I tell my kids at school, If I gave extra credit points, you'd get em!

Heck, I UPS'd it, so you should get it tomorrow. I know it is hard to believe, but I have patience issues. I blame microwaves.

Old 2010-01-12, 5:19pm
the Evil One

Quote:
It does sound really interesting!

Old 2010-01-12, 5:25pm

Default Baby Pictures

I'm sure someone asked for more baby pictures???? So, here are some of Hadley just after Christmas. Lauren is beautiful! Do you ever get tired of watching all the wonderful things she does?
Attached Images

Old 2010-01-12, 5:27pm

Chris, you missed me on the list for the bead show I will have my app on Saturday. I don't have a tax number, but printed that form for a one day sale off the link you included. Do I need that with my application?

Yes, I am going on Saturday and can meet you at the K-Mart Plaza at the 68th street exit about 9:30. I'll be bringing some tortillia rolls ups.

Old 2010-01-12, 6:31pm

Did I send you an app though Rosemary? You were on the original e-mail list weren't you? So sorry I missed you on the first go around.

Yeah, make a copy of the application for the one day show thingy, and then when you get your official permit for the day, scan it and send it to me.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmelinn View Post
Chris, you missed me on the list for the bead show I will have my app on Saturday. I don't have a tax number, but printed that form for a one day sale off the link you included. Do I need that with my application?

Yes, I am going on Saturday and can meet you at the K-Mart Plaza at the 68th street exit about 9:30. I'll be bringing some tortillia rolls ups.

Old 2010-01-12, 7:35pm

I never get bored of baby pics! Gorgeous!

Old 2010-01-12, 8:37pm
Dot Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgp View Post
I'm sure someone asked for more baby pictures???? So, here are some of Hadley just after Christmas. Lauren is beautiful! Do you ever get tired of watching all the wonderful things she does?
How precious is she!!! no never tired of all the stuff she does that is for sure.

My little princess came Dec 30,2009 Still no time for beads
boy is she a demanding little thing.
Old 2010-01-12, 9:17pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Hey,, Someone new posted in the old thread....go say Hi and send them over here!

~
~
~
~