Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Auctions, self promotion, and related things

Auctions, self promotion, and related things -- Your current auctions on eBay, JustBeads, or any other site. Also any items that are for sale on your website. Show off what you have! Please delete your thread when it is completed.

Old 2016-12-31, 4:18pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Nauru
Old 2016-12-31, 4:46pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

The Cyclades?
Old 2016-12-31, 4:51pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Aeolian
Old 2016-12-31, 5:00pm

Wow Nauru looks amazing and I looked up the greeks not Aeolian yet, here comes the picture.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Etsy shop

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2016-12-31, 5:38pm

Picture? I hope. Im no better at this than ever.
S
Attached Images

Etsy shop

Old 2016-12-31, 5:41pm

Aeolian looks nice too, You ladies are far more worldly than I.
Im pretty predictable ..... whats my name?

Etsy shop

Last edited by saxon; 2016-12-31 at 6:02pm.
Old 2016-12-31, 6:39pm

So here I will be. Its healthy, self sufficient ,beautiful, accessible, My brother and fam are 3 hours away. Politically as correct as most governments get
They will "never take away our freedom". Or register our religions,...
I speak the language, though I do speak Spanish and some Italian so those were viable options language wise.
More pics to follow. come see me, that castle is 1/2 block or 5 houses down my street castle street.
Attached Images

Etsy shop

Old 2016-12-31, 6:44pm

more pictures plus my flat.
Attached Images

Etsy shop

Old 2016-12-31, 8:20pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Bute
Old 2016-12-31, 8:23pm

yes Pam !
The human occupation of Bute dates from prehistoric times. The Queen of the Inch necklace is an article of jewellery made of jet found in a cist that dates from circa 2000 BC.
Bute lies in the Firth of Clyde, The western side of Bute is known for its beaches, many of which enjoy fine views over the Sound of Bute towards Arran and Bute's smaller satellite island Inchmarnock.
"The history of Bute civilization is quite old and dates from ancient times. For thousands of years, Isle of Bute has being treasured by its people. This wonderful island has witnessed the arrival of hunters and gatherers, from the time when ice glaciers were retreated. Then its history continues to Stone Age, and Bronze Age, then into iron ages. Bute island has welcomed kings and invaders of Scotland from time to time. The necklace of Queen of Inch that was found I a cist on a farm dates back past 2000 BC. The jewelry was made from jet and was discovered in a cist. Gaelic people settled here and made it home"
Im hoping an ancient civilization will hold true.

Etsy shop

Last edited by saxon; 2017-01-03 at 12:46am.
Old 2016-12-31, 8:26pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Were you quoting Braveheart? Looks pretty.
Old 2016-12-31, 8:28pm
picking Job's Tears

Did an image search (something I didn't know how to do, so I had to find that out first) and came up with the same

Not sure I'd want to live that far out of the tropics ever again though (I have been in Scotland both in summer and in winter and I don't like either very much. I have been in Edinburgh when it was hotter than it ever gets here).
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2016-12-31, 8:32pm

pictures
Attached Images

Etsy shop

Old 2016-12-31, 8:33pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Whew, glad that is over. I learned so much about islands (and places I now want to visit) because of this. I teach science and became curious (OK- maybe obsessed) about the neolithic part. I was stuck on places near Greece/Turkey but did guess Orkney islands. Thanks for the fun.
Old 2016-12-31, 8:35pm

yes braveheart it was a clue.
I have always loved Scotland,and its close to my family.
s

Etsy shop

Old 2016-12-31, 8:38pm

Orkney isles are far up north. this is southern climes so palm trees. and the firth of clyde.
I loved all the info too.

Etsy shop

Old 2016-12-31, 8:40pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Scotland is on my bucket list of places to go. I have been to England a few times but have yet to make it. My family history includes Watsons, which are Scottish. Looks amazing. Have fun. Wish I could get away from the cold and snow here in Maine. Hate the winters here but love the summers.
Old 2016-12-31, 11:34pm
picking Job's Tears

They make great single malts on some of those islands

I posted links to both of your Etsy shops on my HiloBeads FB page because this was so much fun - hope that helps some in selling out.
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2017-01-02, 7:39pm

Here is the Queen of the inch necklace. over 2000 years old made of Jet(fossilized coal) And My street, castle street. I will live right in the middle of the lower left side after the zig zag. .
I'm happy with my choice and hopeful.
Sandra
Attached Images

Etsy shop

Old 2017-01-03, 12:16pm
Present tense

Enjoy, Sandra! It looks lovely there.

<hijack>

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net View Post
Scotland is on my bucket list of places to go. I have been to England a few times but have yet to make it. My family history includes Watsons, which are Scottish. Looks amazing. Have fun. Wish I could get away from the cold and snow here in Maine. Hate the winters here but love the summers.
Hi cousin! My mother is a Watson. She was stuck finding the right James Watson from Scotland ancestor until she did one of those DNA tests.
My cousin runs the website watsonclan.org and watsongroup on Facebook.

</hijack>

|
|

- non-glassy de-stash (shoes, books, yarn, Coach)
Old 2017-01-03, 2:29pm

I think that looks fabulous!
Old 2017-01-03, 4:28pm
Present tense

Okay, I've had a chance to nose around the Visit Bute website, and between that and what Sandra has posted, I'm ready to go too!

Sandra, it looks absolutely lovely, and I'm going to be envious of your quiet island life. Please keep us posted on your new adventure, and pics are always welcome!

|
|

- non-glassy de-stash (shoes, books, yarn, Coach)
Old 2017-01-04, 9:35am
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Hey cousin! Let's wait until she is settled and then invade.

Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthandsky View Post
Okay, I've had a chance to nose around the Visit Bute website, and between that and what Sandra has posted, I'm ready to go too!

Sandra, it looks absolutely lovely, and I'm going to be envious of your quiet island life. Please keep us posted on your new adventure, and pics are always welcome!
Old 2017-01-04, 1:39pm

Hello!

The ring I purchased from you arrived yesterday, and it is just lovely! As well it was fun to tell your travel story to my daughter! The ring has a large citrine in it which is her birth stone. It's still a little big on her, but fits me great!

Thanks for sharing your adventures with us! Karen
Old 2017-01-06, 12:02pm

Thank you Karen, I love that ring.
And you guys are welcome to invade... with warning. That little Island has been invaded since forever. Lots of Vikings ,gaelics (?) Kelts and celts but even before that it was taken by Neolithic tribes.
Its all good.
S

Etsy shop