Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2005-09-19, 1:36pm
*goofball*

Question Camera Choices??

Im looking for the right Camera for my website and close up and details. What exactly do i look for when buying a digital camera for this ?
And also what would be the realistic price range ?

Loves ~~Lynn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-09-19, 2:42pm
Meow is worse than Bite!

I like the Sony DSC 707. It cost like around $800 when I bought it 3 or 4 years ago. My old man had an Olympus E20 (I think thats it) but he did not like it. So I sold it on Ebay to buy my kiln . But I found another 707 that was a floor model and talked the manager down to $200 for it. I already had the wires and such so no big deal about missing parts. It had an issue that the old man managed to fix and now works fine. They have a Carl Zeiss lens which is great. Excelent pictures with great color. The only problem I have is my shaking and I do not have the proper lighting. So if I can not shoot it outside I must use Photoshop to have the photos look as they should. A used one on Ebay would probally not cost too much. Someone may want to upgrade and sell one. Or you could check out the newer DSC line. I whole hartedly recomend this camera.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Linda

"...precise, perfect people who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything." -Henry Ward Beecher

Old 2005-09-20, 12:23pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

A great Macro mode is what you want, and a white balance option. I prefer the heavier camera, than the light ones, for camera shake. Also a bit higher pixel, I think 3.2 Mega Pixel is good enough, the higher the better, but unless you are going to blow the pictures up to poster size, 3.2 is good enough. I think the price right now is around $ 200 to $ 300. In my opinion, that's the realistic price range. I think its also affordable. If you have bigger budget, then you're in luck, just go higher mega pixel and newer editions.

I had Canon Powershoot A75, its great for taking jewelry pics. I love it. But I need something with better Macro mode to come closer to the jewelry, so I bought Nikon Coolpix 8400. Its 8.0 mega pixel. I heard Sony and Olympus are great too for Macro mode.

I retouch my pics with Adobe Photoshop 6.0, just to brighten the layer, add information and stuff like that. But I do think I need a real photo program like Element, maybe soon.

Oh, I use photocube and 2 photoflood for lighting. Mostly at night time, so there's no other source of light other than my photofloods.

The doll pic in my avatar is taken with the Canon.

Take care!
Edna