LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-05-14, 3:06pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Terranova and Luna are striking colors. Treat Aurae like you would treat Dark Silver Purple if you wanted to get the same colors that Ms. Naos gets out of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-05-14, 8:30pm

I feel this is the easiest glass from Double Helix to work with. It strikes so easy. I reduce it slightly, and get the most incredible colors imaginable. At last a silver glass that isn't a nightmare to strike.

Lynx, Midrange, Scorpion Regalia Oxycon
Old 2009-05-14, 9:36pm
Ellyloo-YAH!

heheh. Aurae and triton reduce if you breathe in their general direction!! The problem/trick is not to OVER do it.
That's what i'm practicing.

Old 2009-05-15, 12:32am
Feuer,Flamme and Tattoo's

yay I bought my glass and so often when I go to Frantz I come away with lots more but Hades was on sale and I had to have some too. cant wait til I try out the Aurae.
thanks for showing it to us
Katja
Old 2009-05-15, 5:42am
Tweedle Dumb

i think that may be my problem... i over do it. it does seem to reduce even while i'm wrapping it in neutral, but when i'm forming it, it goes away and never goes back to the pretty purpley color... i get terracotta!?! LOL. i'm reading anouks tut right now. lets see if i can't get this bugger to do it's thang.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2009-05-15, 9:52am
Will work for glass...

Try this you guys, I got some great colors! Make a base bead out of CIM butter pecan or ginger, than use stringers made from Aurae to decorate. I don't have any pics yet, but I made a set the other day and the colors complimented each other perfectly. Great pics, everyone.
Old 2009-05-15, 10:18am

Here is my paltry Aurae set that I made the other day. I think some beads are under-reduced, because the metallic sheen isn't so strong, but I was trying not to have them go all silver.

Nancy

#R-85
Old 2009-05-15, 11:41am
Tweedle Dumb

LOL!!! dsp does the same thing to me! i got it, i got it, i got it, then it's GONE! maybe i'm using too much heat, i'm used to nuking my striking colors, maybe i need to break out my trusty hothead and see what i can come up with, i know i can't nuke beads with that puppy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
Terranova and Luna are striking colors. Treat Aurae like you would treat Dark Silver Purple if you wanted to get the same colors that Ms. Naos gets out of it.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2009-05-15, 4:24pm
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

Here's some more simple spacers made from Aurae.

Jack

Old 2009-05-15, 5:32pm

By far it's my favorite color right now. This is a bead a made recently using clear base encased with Aurae and then goldstone wrapped around, melt the whole thing press and lightly reduce.

I've also encased Aurae over several transparent colors that I really liked too. I haven't found anything it hasn't worked with yet.
Attached Images

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2009-05-15, 7:05pm

Beautiful bead, Donna.

Jack, I love that set of spacers. That is what I was trying to do with my set. But my colors were under-developed, I don't know why.

Nancy

#R-85
Old 2009-05-15, 7:12pm
Storm Queen

The metallics you get from Aurea are fab but encasing it makes me swoon. Of course I just used up the last of my Diamond Clear before realizing I was out.

Old 2009-05-15, 7:14pm

Jack your set is lovely, is that straight or over something?

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2009-05-15, 7:45pm
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Jack your set is lovely, is that straight or over something?
Thank you Nancy and Lara!

It's all Aurae Lara... say that 3 times real fast!

Jack

Old 2009-05-15, 8:02pm

Thanks Jack.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2009-05-15, 8:21pm

I love it encased as well as reduced. But my favorite is encased because of the wispyness and the iridescent abalone shimmer. I also love all the different effects you can get depending on how heavily and where in the flame you reduce.

Old 2009-05-15, 8:36pm
Ellyloo-YAH!

Aurae like dsp? how do you treat DSP? (Itried that today too-SUCKAGE)

Old 2009-05-15, 9:56pm
*Desa Elliott*

Smile ElleyLoo, try this....

I have good luck with DSP shards. I love AvenueBeads shards,and PurplelillyDesigns as well. Anyway, I get the silverPlum Mix shards from PurpleLilly and use it over Reichenbach Black. the light silver plum in the mix just turns metallic,but the dark plum gives you lovely purples and blue when you just wave it around in the top of the flame. On the RB Black, it looks like leather. It's yummy. mmmmm, leather....

I didn't mean to hijack the thread, so I will tell you all that I am going to post a couple of pix tomorrow of two beads that I made with Aurae and the technique that I learned in Anouk's new Tutorial. I am blown away with both of these beads; I can't believe that I made them myself!!!

Tomorrow is the big reveal, (mostly 'cause I am to tired to take the pictures tonight. I know I suck. )

If I could win the lottery, I would buy Aurae! Sorry, Triton, nothing personal, but you know how it is when you find somebody new.

G-88
Creideamh, Sùil, Dìlseachd

(Scottish Gaelic: Faith, Hope, Love)

www.ETSY.com/shop/GothicGlassJewelry