Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-05-21, 3:16pm

Default Effetre Premium # (probably) 591280 & 591281?

??? I've got 3 rods of each color , but unfortunately have no idea at all what's all about them!

Over here in Europe, they are called "Marmorin" and Marmorin chiaro" - in English that would be something like "Marble" and "Light Marble". I hope someone might know those (maybe new?) colors? I've never ever heard of them before and I'd appreciate any help / ideas / pictures / etc.!

Martina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators
Old 2009-05-21, 3:36pm
"Sinners have soul too"

hmmm, sound interesting. I don't carry those colors... yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-21, 3:41pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Vetrofond had a marble color, long ago, when I first started melting glass.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-05-21, 4:03pm

Isn't there an Avocado Marble? It may be Vetro, I don't know...

leebeads.etsy.com, leebeads.artfire.com
Old 2009-05-21, 4:04pm
Storm Queen

I have an Italian Marble that they first called Special Ivory I think. I'd have to go out to the garage and look at the number on it.

Old 2009-05-21, 4:25pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I actually have some of that Vetrofond Italian Marble 791940.

Old 2009-05-21, 4:27pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
I actually have some of that Vetrofond Italian Marble 791940.
Oh good...now I don't have to venture out into the garage. It's scary in there.

Old 2009-05-21, 4:34pm
"Sinners have soul too"

You're funny

Old 2009-05-21, 4:36pm
Storm Queen

Seriously....I should take a picture. And to think I used to torch in there...

Old 2009-05-21, 4:39pm
sunscreen me baby

What do the rods look like?

~

Old 2009-05-21, 4:39pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Oh yes, a pic would be good. You could start a new thread, "scary places we used to torch in".

Old 2009-05-21, 4:41pm

Ooops, I'm sorry, I didn't have the intention to confuse anyone! No, it's NOT Vetrofond, it's Effetre, handpulled, and the # should be correct: xxx280 & xxx281

Martina

Old 2009-05-21, 4:46pm

Ok, I'll post pictures, promised! I can't take pictures right now, it's over midnight here in Switzerland I'll take and post them tomorrow. Good night and thanks anyway!

Martina

Old 2009-05-22, 12:53am

Default Pictures

Here are 2 pictures of my first test-beads and the rods. I did work the glass normally or strike and/or reduce it, 3 beads on the top are 280, 3 beads on the left are 281, but I can't remember which one that olive green bead is made of! Lol! (I did add 211 and 210 as a reference, those are not stringers, just normal 4-5mm rods! )

Old 2009-05-22, 2:33am

hmmm interesting...... I have some marble shards from avenue beads but thats about it.
Mike (Frantz) would probably know ?

Duane
Old 2009-05-22, 4:01am
sunscreen me baby

Gosh I want both of those!!!

~

Old 2009-05-22, 8:55am
Storm Queen

You're sure these are Effetre?

Old 2009-05-22, 9:06am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
You're sure these are Effetre?
I'm positive

Old 2009-05-22, 9:21am

cool. i want the light one!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-05-22, 4:06pm

thanks for posting this, Martina - I knew I hadn't heard of these, glad to know I am not the only one, lol!

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-05-22, 4:08pm

And YES, Donna & Amy!! -- "Scary Places I Have Torched" -- that would be a funny thread!
My first glass shop was in a barn, that used to be a woodworking shop, and there was varnish all over the walls of that room. Just think of the conflagration I could have had in there!! (shudder!!)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-05-22, 4:12pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirima View Post
I'm positive
I'm really stumped then because they almost look like silver glass or ASK. Do you remember where you bought them?

Old 2009-05-22, 4:20pm

Yes I do, we can buy them at
http://www.glassulger.de
I'm sorry for not being able to link directly to that glass, one needs to click "Produktübersicht" and then the second section "Farbglasstäbe von Effetre, Vetro...", then "Moretti Murano effetre" and finally "handgezogene Sonderfarben" & there just scroll all the way down and THERE THEY ARE! LOL! But unfortunatley, there is no picture available yet...

Martina

Old 2009-05-22, 4:46pm
Storm Queen

Okay, I'd have to say that those are new colors that we don't have here yet. Me likey.

Old 2009-05-22, 10:51pm

Mmmm, love the Marmorin Chiaro ... off to check out the link ...

Old 2009-05-22, 11:01pm

*cough* Geez, the price is certainly ... steep. The same as silver glasses. I think I wait till it's available here in the US - and hopefully more affordable.

Martina, vielen Dank fuer den Link.

Old 2009-05-25, 2:13pm
Burning through glass

Martina, the second dark bead from the top looks like it has a bronzy copper sheen, is that right? Does this glass reduce to that? Wow, I love it!
Renee Wiggins

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&
Old 2009-05-25, 2:21pm

Hi Renee!

YES, it does, at least for me! Lol!

Old 2009-05-25, 9:53pm
Burning through glass

Well then...holy Cats Martina!!!
That's a super cool glass you've got there!

s'pose we need to find out how we in the US can, and/or IF we'll get this glass
I think we're already drooling for it

Thanks a bunch for the heads up on that one m'am M!
Renee Wiggins

(between you and I...and Miss J...I've got David Bowie's "Golden Years" song going through my head with that one....hee hee he.)

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&

Last edited by JetAge Studio; 2009-05-25 at 10:15pm.
Old 2009-05-26, 1:02pm

Dang, girl!! Now I have it too.....
"GO-o-o-o-olden years, wa wa wa....." LOL!