No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-05-28, 9:43pm
Focus?

Default Show me your Nyx beads

I just got a couple of rods of DH Nyx but I'm struggling to find any tips or examples of beads using this glass. I would love to see some examples and some cooking tips before I get going.

thx,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A-62

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-28, 10:01pm

This set is made with Medium Fossil and Nyx. I love the mirror shine reactions of the Nyx and the dark separation lines.

Old 2009-05-28, 10:25pm
Focus?

Oh that's so pretty. Very nice!

A-62

Old 2009-05-29, 9:16pm
Lover of Life

Those are sweeeeet, Judith! I have one rod of Nyx I got from a sample pack. I'm tempted to use it now. Did you just treat it as any other reduction glass?

Becky

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2009-05-29, 9:37pm

These are both Nyx, I believe.
Attached Images

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2009-05-30, 6:58pm

Lara, oh my heavens, that bottom bead is spectacular. I won't even try to think how you did that long, close-together striped effect. Must have been a super twistie. The Nyx turned a beautiful color!!

Nancy

#R-85
Old 2009-05-30, 8:27pm

Thanks Nancy - Yup Twisty. It was also really irredescent

Old 2009-05-30, 8:42pm
Focus?

Question

Very pretty Lara. Thanks for showing. Is that Nyx reduced on ivory, dark ivory? Does this glass only show blues. Do you know if it encases that color?

A-62

Old 2009-05-30, 9:28pm

Hi Everyone!

Here are some nyx beads from me:

Old 2009-05-31, 8:18pm

Mine is on ivory, yes.
Rochelle, that cased set is very pretty.

Old 2009-06-07, 5:17pm

Becky - yes, you just treat them like all the other reduction colors.
Lara - this last bead is just to die for ... yummy!!!

Old 2009-06-07, 7:53pm

Thanks Judith