LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2012-02-22, 5:43pm
Storm Queen

I think the bottom one is saying "My maker is crazy and needs medication".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-02-22, 6:34pm

Thanks for the info, Amy!
I really need to take that trip to Ione now to see your penthouse in person! And the picture of your car certainly explains why we don't see you around much.

Old 2012-02-22, 6:53pm
Tweedle Dumb

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2012-02-22, 11:45pm

You guys are cracking me up.

Old 2012-02-23, 10:27am

I'm having this same problem and I'm happy to see your suggestion Amy. My silver glass experience is pretty limited but I tried to follow the directions closely. I was using Clio. I'm very happy to hear it's not possible to overdo it! I'll give it another thy this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Someone else had this problem too. You know when I say "up to 25 seconds"? Well I guess depending on your set up it can take even longer. You can't over cook. Sometimes I keep cooking long after the break up for a minute or two so it's not possible to overdo it. My guess is that you aren't doing it enough.

What glass are you using?

Also, just an FYI to everyone, until you're comfortable with all the different techniques it's best to stick with the "This work best on" glass colors that I list.
Old 2012-02-23, 10:46am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyK View Post
I'm having this same problem and I'm happy to see your suggestion Amy. My silver glass experience is pretty limited but I tried to follow the directions closely. I was using Clio. I'm very happy to hear it's not possible to overdo it! I'll give it another thy this weekend.
Remember to also use the tricks in the "How to Save a Bad Bead" section too. You might find you like the end results even better if you play some more with it.

Old 2012-02-23, 11:41am
Smile, it's contagious!

It works on a HH... well, at least it did for me yesterday.

No telling what will happen when I try again. I'm nearly out of aether, so used zephyr on all of them.

Spiders web (psyche)

Rorschach Test (psyche w/or)

Desert Storm (base-heavy webbing terra2 or kalypso... can't remember, dots- psyche & or) I ended up covering most of the webbing on the base with the dots

Antique Lace (aurae & or)

Sorry the pics are so big... I'm too lazy to resize them so I just stole them from my listings.

Fab tutorial Amy!! Thanks!

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2012-02-23, 11:48am
Storm Queen

WOW! Fabulous!

Everything happens for a reason...

Old 2012-02-23, 9:42pm
Mad about Glass

Thanks for the flame pic Amy. From the pic and your location of the bead in the flame I would guess that I'm applying far too much reduction. I'll try again now.

[url]

Old 2012-02-23, 9:51pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkie View Post
Thanks for the flame pic Amy. From the pic and your location of the bead in the flame I would guess that I'm applying far too much reduction. I'll try again now.
Let me know your results. It helps me help others in the future.

Old 2012-02-27, 8:00pm
Mad about Glass

Yes, the problem was too much of a dragon's breath reduction flame. Using a flame the same as in your pic, or even a bit more oxy, I'm getting great results with natural gas.

[url]

Old 2012-03-13, 1:24am
Entropy increasing....

_DSC0035 by Kevanaponte, on Flickr
Old 2012-03-13, 5:30pm

Wow, Kevan, that is beautiful!
Amy - Do you think my working with NG instead of propane might explain my difficulties? I get lots of reduction, but not much breaking up of the reduction. I can spend 10 minutes reducing and other than the bead going all tan, nothing else happens . . .
Lisa

Old 2012-03-13, 5:33pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkie View Post
Yes, the problem was too much of a dragon's breath reduction flame. Using a flame the same as in your pic, or even a bit more oxy, I'm getting great results with natural gas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaF View Post
Wow, Kevan, that is beautiful!
Amy - Do you think my working with NG instead of propane might explain my difficulties? I get lots of reduction, but not much breaking up of the reduction. I can spend 10 minutes reducing and other than the bead going all tan, nothing else happens . . .
Lisa
Did you read Jenn's post above? Make sure you are only using a regular reduction flame. There are a couple of others posting in the Gallery too using NG like Traci. Maybe she/they can help.

Do I need to come over and give you a personal lesson?

Old 2012-03-14, 4:42pm
Mad about Glass

I found with using ng that I need less time reducing - 20 seconds max - and then a lot of time in a neutral flame breaking up the reduction haze. This step took much longer than I had expected.

[url]

Old 2012-03-17, 4:35pm

YES!!!!
Amy, come over now!!!
Lisa

Old 2012-03-17, 4:37pm
Storm Queen

I was thinking that it would be fun to meet up and have lunch and maybe Toni too and anyone else around. But then Toni would see that I really do leave the house.

Old 2012-05-04, 6:33am
My opinion not needed

I LOVE this tutorial! Thank you Amy...it's easy to read & get great results. Well done!!!

Old 2012-05-08, 7:36pm
Storm Queen

Thank you Robin!

Old 2012-05-23, 4:22pm
Bead Obsessed

Got mine! Can't wait to try it. Is it possible to use a base bead of a less expensive glass encased in one of the silver glasses or does the base bead need to be solid silvered glass?

Old 2012-05-23, 4:32pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SELSEY View Post
Got mine! Can't wait to try it. Is it possible to use a base bead of a less expensive glass encased in one of the silver glasses or does the base bead need to be solid silvered glass?
Thanks so much! Until you get the hang of it, I recommend you use a solid base of silver glass. That way if you have any issues and need my help we've already eliminated layering as a problem. I'm really a purist. Layering can end up cracking sometimes and also the core may bleed out onto the silver glass and hinder the webbing or make it fugly. Once you've got it down then you can go back to layering and see how it goes.

Old 2012-06-05, 6:26pm
Rose colored glasses…√

I must get my butt to the torch this coming weekend. I've been lazy. I have to try this in miniature.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2012-06-07, 6:36pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
I must get my butt to the torch this coming weekend. I've been lazy. I have to try this in miniature.
I realize that these probably aren't all that miniature to the Queen of Liliput but for us common folk, these are pretty darn small...

Old 2012-06-07, 6:44pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post

_DSC0035 by Kevanaponte, on Flickr
Wow! Just wow! This is such a great shot too - the hot pink against the rich black rocks looks really amazing.

Handmade Murrini Chips, Glass Beads, & Lampwork Tutorials
Old 2012-06-07, 7:13pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I realize that these probably aren't all that miniature to the Queen of Liliput but for us common folk, these are pretty darn small...

I can go smaller...

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2012-07-05, 3:52pm

I couldn't wait to try this tut out. I made six beads and the last three I got that aha moment and it made sense.

I don't remember which colors I used on these except the far right is Triton and my bead release broke in the middle of it but I was determined not to lose it. It's my favorite.

Thanks Amy for making and sharing this technique!
Attached Images

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2012-07-05, 6:46pm
Storm Queen

Donna those are great! The one on the left could be Clio or Kalypso. The one in the middle may be Terranova. I'm glad you are having fun with it!

Old 2012-08-15, 10:10pm
No Longer an LE Member

oh such gorgeousness
Old 2012-08-15, 11:40pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

Kimberly!!

Old 2021-04-24, 5:46am

Is this webbing technique still available?