Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-12-21, 12:30pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Default Substitute for Vetrofond Pajama Blue

Anyone know of a good substitute for Vetrofond's Pajama Blue? It's one of my three all-time favorite glass colors (all blue, of course!). I came a little late to the discovery that Vetrofond's stopping the glass rod production, and now I'm scrambling.

I was thinking of making a mix of Messy Fremen and Messy Zachary, but I have neither of those two colors right now so I can't even test the theory.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

#M-191
Old 2012-12-21, 12:49pm
I fart diamonds

It isn't the same as Effetre 224? (Light Sky Blue)

Old 2012-12-21, 1:13pm

The picture of light sky blue on Frantz's website looks more turquoise than baby blue.

Light Sky Blue

Pajama Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
It isn't the same as Effetre 224? (Light Sky Blue)

~
~

#M-191
Old 2012-12-21, 1:29pm
I fart diamonds

It's does have a tiny bit of turquoise tinge, but not much. It's definitely a shade of baby blue.

http://www.serenasbeadery.com/dnt1224.html

Old 2012-12-21, 1:45pm
I fart diamonds

Crappy pic but my battery died:

Old 2012-12-21, 2:04pm

Wow, that really does look a lot like Pajama Blue. I wonder why the swatch from Effetre looks so different.

Thanks for show me, Nette, makes me feel a lot less panicked that I'm going to lose my favorite color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
Crappy pic but my battery died:

~
~

#M-191
Old 2012-12-21, 7:36pm

I think pajama blue is greyer than sky blue.
Old 2012-12-21, 8:30pm
Lampworkaholic!

Messy Glacier makes a nice substitute although it is a tad more pearl gray blue. Light Sky really is the closest in 104. Bullseye Powder Blue is closer.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-12-25, 3:13pm
I'm meeeeelting

Hot Glass Color may still have PJ blue. I bought some over the summer and they still had a lot of it.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2012-12-26, 2:42pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Aimee, it's not one of my favourites at all. But I have 75g (just over 3 rods) of it that you're welcome to.

Oh, and my Light Sky Blue is very different. Much paler and 'brighter' - kind of glows by comparison.

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2012-12-26, 3:53pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
Aimee, it's not one of my favourites at all. But I have 75g (just over 3 rods) of it that you're welcome to.

Oh, and my Light Sky Blue is very different. Much paler and 'brighter' - kind of glows by comparison.
That's very generous of you Di! How much would the shipping be and I'd be glad to paypal that to you (unless it was a rediculous price, of course, going from Australia to Hawaii!)

~
~

#M-191
Old 2012-12-26, 3:58pm
Happy Inner Dragon

It shouldn't be any more than letter rate, hopefully.
I'll melt the two full rods in half so I can just use an envelope.

SRA# P107
Old 2012-12-26, 4:45pm

Effetre Bonnie Blue (591739) is close, it's discontinued but some suppliers still have it on hand.

AUS - http://www.affordableinspiration.com...pri-clone.html

US - http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....oducts_id=6094

Old 2012-12-27, 10:26am

My Light Sky Blue definitely looks more like Pajama Blue than what's in Frantz's pic. There is some variation from batch to batch with Effetre of course but I've not come across that shade before !

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2012-12-27, 1:28pm
I need more boro stuff

Sky blue is more brighter than pajama blue and I'm hoarding mine.

Old 2012-12-27, 1:29pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Mine, too. It's really pure and pretty

Aimee, I'll get those rods in the post on Monday, if I don't get to the shops today

SRA# P107
Old 2012-12-27, 5:44pm
I like to melt things

Bonnie Blue is way brighter than Pajama Blue, and it's got transparent layers so it's really streaky. I love it, but it is no Pajama Blue.

If I needed Pajama Blue, I would try mixing Effetre Sky Blue with Pearl Gray and White in a ratio of 4 parts Sky Blue to 1 part Pearl Gray and 1 part White and then tweak it as necessary.

-
-
Old 2012-12-27, 5:57pm
Burning Fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubnavnania View Post
Sky blue is more brighter than pajama blue and I'm hoarding mine.
Ditto - lol!

/
/
/