Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-01-17, 10:34am
Mr. Cellophane

Default Interest in Libby Leuchtman Pod class?

I have had several people asking me if I teach my Pods. So far I haven't, but was wondering if I offered a class at Third Degree Glass in St. Louis in my Pods and other beads I make if there would be a interest? I was thinking May 2012.
Here are some pics of the beads I would cover in class.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Libby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-01-17, 11:07am
Bigger, longer, and uncut

You are so evil! Do not tempt me!

Would it be a one- or two-day class?

I don't know why I'm even asking these questions because I'll be at Bead and Button the next month and cannot justify a trip to St. Louis just before that.

Old 2012-01-17, 1:07pm
Mr. Cellophane

Yep it is a two day class.
I would love to see you there!

Libby

Old 2012-01-18, 7:40am
Mr. Cellophane

Ok well maybe some other time. Thanks all.

Libby

Old 2012-01-18, 10:05am

Libby is an awesome teacher and tons of fun! We learned so much from her at Hot Times (or Springtime, or whatever it was - dang, all of it running together for me.)

Libby, I for one would love a two day class with you. This spring would probably not work, but hopefully you will offer something in the future that I can take. I love visiting St. Louis too. Double fun!
Old 2012-01-18, 10:13am
Sheila Davis Designs

How about a pod tutorial so we can all play?

Old 2012-01-18, 12:15pm
Mr. Cellophane

I have thought about doing a tutorial but unfortunately I am not computer savvy in addition it seems that there is not a lot of interest. I am sure you all know as an artist this is pretty hard to take in, so I am taking a deep breath.

Libby

Old 2012-01-18, 4:10pm

I'd love to be able to take your class...I wish I didn't live so far away.

Collette
Old 2012-01-18, 6:50pm

I'd love a pod tutorial.
Old 2012-01-18, 6:53pm

Libby- Your beads are beautiful. Don't give up! I'd come to St Louis for a class (I live in Manhattan, KS), but May might be tough with B&B so close. What other time might work? And do you travel at all? My friend Julie has a terrific studio in Wichita and is interested in bringing some good teachers over the next year. Those of us here in the middle of the country often feel totally left out in terms of good access to good artists.
Your classes at Bed and Button look great. Unfortunately they conflict with some other classes I'm taking, but they look like they're selling well. Maybe next year...
Peggy Anderson
Old 2012-01-18, 7:15pm
GlassDocNC

I'm interested but St.Louis is too far for me. A tutorial or a repeat visit to Hot Times would be great (or better yet, both a tutorial and a repeat visit to Hot Times).

Take life with a grain of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Old 2012-01-18, 7:22pm
Mr. Cellophane

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the encouragement.
I would love to come back to Hot Times! Maybe someday soon.
Peggy I do travel to teach and would be happy to travel to Wichita. Bead&Button is such a good time. Can't wait to teach again this year.

Libby

Old 2012-01-18, 7:37pm
Bigger, longer, and uncut

Libby, maybe you could approach this as your being interested in teaching your pod beads and would be willing to travel. If there are enough interested students concentrated around a teaching studio, something could be organized there. Julie's Wichita shop, Beadazzled, ROCKS!

I'm signed up for your Soft Glass Implosions class at B&B!

Old 2012-02-01, 9:56am

I'd be interested in taking your class Libby, but May is a bad month for me.
Don't get discouraged, your pods are lovely and your implosions are terrific!

My best

Bette
Old 2012-02-01, 10:00am

I would take your class Libby if it was in New England. I would also buy a tutorial, if that was my other choice. Love the pods!

Sals
Old 2012-02-01, 10:10am
Mr. Cellophane

Thanks Sals and Bette. I have been contacted by several studios to teach so look for dates coming soon!
Also my class with Soft Glass Implosions at Bead and Button sold out in the first day so we have added more seats if anyone is interested.

Libby

Old 2012-02-01, 3:10pm

Lovely Libby - How about Fire on the Mountain in March 2013?????? Hot Time demo slots for 2012 are already filled, but we would love to have you come next spring.
Let's talk about it.

Marjorie
Old 2012-02-03, 6:55pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila D. View Post
How about a pod tutorial so we can all play?
Agree. A tutorial would be great! Traveling and classes is not in my budget. Probably like many others.

I hardly ever look in this section of the forum but decided to wander in here. If you are considering a tutorial and want a feel of how many would be interested, maybe post in the Tutorial section to see if there is interest. I bet you would get lots of responses.

Love the pods and flowers!