Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-11-05, 8:35am

Default Class with Andrew Sinclair-Day

Is anyone else taking his class at Tin City? I am sooooooo looking forward to it!! Maybe then I can finally make round beads! Plus, anything else he will share with us. Oh, Andy, if you're reading this, be afraid, be very afraid.....I am NOT promising to behave in this class On second thought, that might scare you into cancelling....I PROMISE to behave!!!!
Kim V

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-11-05, 8:44am

Default Money is tight but

I'm thinking about taking it. I'm nervous though. I'm still kind of a newbie to soft glass, so I'm scared that I won't be experienced enough to take a class in boro. But I really really want to!!

-Lisa
Old 2006-11-05, 8:56am

Who is Andrew Sinclair-Day? Can anybody point me to some examples of his work? I am not familiar with the name.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-11-05, 9:10am

Lisa,
Don't be afraid. Boro is different from soft glass. I'm definitely a newbie to boro. I think this class is going to be a blast! Having met Andy, I think you'd like him as a teacher. Nice person, no attitude, knows his stuff. I really think he'd make sure you were successful.
Eric,
Zen Art Glass......he's posted here some, yummy implosion pendants, spinning tops, BE dragonflies. Here's some eye candy:
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...59&postcount=8
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...05&postcount=4
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=17
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=15
Not boro, but I can still drool over them! http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...647#post414647
Kim V

Quote:
Originally Posted by preludegoddess
I'm thinking about taking it. I'm nervous though. I'm still kind of a newbie to soft glass, so I'm scared that I won't be experienced enough to take a class in boro. But I really really want to!!

-Lisa

Old 2006-11-05, 9:46am

Ah, didn't realize he was Zen Art Glass. His stuff is really cool!

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-11-05, 5:31pm

Well I'll be there and I don't know anything about boro! Do I count??
Andy totally rocks! We are really lucky that he is local and I hope to have him back often!! He's also been published in a lot of boro magazines, etc.
Hey Lisa this is a Beginner class. You know enough to take it! And you'll get to laugh at me because I'm new to it too..Plus the entire idea is to learn more! Boro is totally different from soft glass.
That's all I know. I guess we'll have to get the rest from Andy. He has a huge list of things that he is going to show us and he will show us how to use the Mini CC for boro too...I'm excited and so is Andy!
Btw, He demo-d (Is this a word??) at our open house last year and really amazed a lot of people. Plus he has that gift of being able to tell you what he is doing while he is doing it! Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2006-11-05 at 5:38pm.
Old 2006-11-05, 5:32pm

p.s. I wanna see Kim V not behave!!!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-11-26, 4:42pm

We still have space in this class ! I was in Andy's shop this weekend and he is psyched about teaching next weekend.! Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-11-28, 7:11am

Wow, I totally missed this thread. Doh!

I'm psyched for the class! Kim, I think it's me behaving that you should worry about.
It'll be a lot of fun!

Old 2006-11-28, 12:37pm

I want to see what happens when Kim V AND Andy are wild!! Hmmm...

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-11-28, 6:29pm

Paula,
I just walked in the door from the second day of Professional Development (learning how to teach a couple of Science units), then half of a show (DH covered the first half so I could attend the PD), and I'm too tired tonight to scheme. But you wait, tomorrow's another day
Kim V

Old 2006-11-28, 7:29pm

Oh Boy. Am I gonna have to dance on the table in this class???

I was saving that for Open House in 2 weeks!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-12-14, 7:54am

I had a great time teaching at TinCity! Nice set up Paula, the Mini CC's were perfect, and tons of room on that HUGE stainless steel table. Can't wait to go back