Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-10-13, 7:49pm

Had A great great time.. I was a runner and ran around. Cant wait for the next one..

Friends and lots of fun...
Stace

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-10-13, 10:09pm

I had a good time. I'm still a newbie and somehow I channeled a couple of fishy beads for the kids. If it wasn't for a good cause, I don't think I would have tried. So I got to push myself a little bit AND make something purdy for the kids. What a great project. Thanks, StacyLynne and Pacific Art Glass.
Old 2010-10-16, 6:34pm

Steph Thanks so much but Wendy and Judy and others are really responsible for the great times we have had. I am just a small part of it....

Stace

Quote:
I had a good time. I'm still a newbie and somehow I channeled a couple of fishy beads for the kids. If it wasn't for a good cause, I don't think I would have tried. So I got to push myself a little bit AND make something purdy for the kids. What a great project. Thanks, StacyLynne and Pacific Art Glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-10-16, 11:49pm

They do work their patooties off for these events but they love it and are so dedicated not to mention it is such a worthy cause . Stacy Lynne you are not just a "small part" of this. You donate your time even when you have your plate totally full. You help with the raffles, help everyone out who needs it & make sure the oxygen and propane exchanges are done, make us laugh and volunteer to be a runner to the kiln. Don't under estimate your efforts sweetie, we ALL know how big your heart is and you make it FUN!!

Old 2011-04-08, 12:31pm

When is the next event?
Old 2011-04-08, 12:37pm
"Sinners have soul too"

It's on April 16 at 10am at CBS... will you be there??

Old 2011-04-08, 12:58pm

When is the next event?
Old 2011-04-08, 1:04pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Are you ignoring me?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The next BOC event is at CBS on April 16 (a week from tomorrow) at 10am.

Old 2011-04-08, 4:14pm

No silly. It was the dreaded double phone post! I will be there =0) maybe I can get mom to come as well. I'm gonna make more shark beads!

Quote:
Are you ignoring me?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The next BOC event is at CBS on April 16 (a week from tomorrow) at 10am.
Old 2011-04-08, 4:28pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Oh gotcha... I almost texted you to find what was going on... but thought you might not know who it was without the avatar pic!

See you there!! I'm going to be scheduled to make purple hearts, work the sponsor a bead table, and raffle ticket sales...

Old 2011-04-09, 2:13pm

Where do I sign up to melt some glass? This wil be a blast. Both my mom and I are coming.
Old 2011-04-09, 2:34pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Where do I sign up to melt some glass? This wil be a blast. Both my mom and I are coming.
I'll text you Judy's email addy.

Old 2011-04-09, 6:44pm
Uh Oh....

Yeah, it's going to be a blast!! If you and your mom want to bring some things to sell in the store let Judy know and she will send an inventory form. If you have any extra beads laying around you can also donate something towards the raffle. It doesn't have to be a bead, just something that someone would like to win in a raffle, can be jewelry or a beadable item.

It's next Saturday. Only one week away!!

Quote:

Old 2011-04-10, 9:20am

Hi there~

We are very fortunate that our bead making schedule is full at this point. We have had many folks step up and we also have our other volunteers set as well.

However, donations are always welcome! We have many beautiful pieces for our raffle, and could always use more. At this point donations for the raffle may be put into the "store" at BOC's discretion.

If anyone would like to donate beads, please PM me for more info. We MUST receive the donations by this thursday, April 14th. We are setting up on the 15th.

Thanks for all the interest! We hope you can make it there. Aside from the 6 torches going for 6 hours of bead making, Don McKinney will have the hot shop going and will be demoing paper weights and what ever else he dreams up.

Hope to see you there!

eBay: nada!
Old 2011-04-10, 9:24am

please be sure to have the correct location to

628 N Eckhoff St
Orange, CA 92868

Look for signs and balloons!

Judy

eBay: nada!
Old 2011-04-10, 1:57pm

In spirit I will be there. Physically I will be in Las Vegas at my niece's wedding. I sure hope lots of pictures are taken so I can at least see them through someone else's eyes. I was so excited about this event, then Jennifer (my niece) dropped her bombshell. Darn it!

Old 2011-04-10, 2:33pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Well, I sure hope she appreciates getting the hug I'm going to be missing out on!

Have fun in Vegas Shari!

Old 2011-04-11, 4:10pm

Thanks Donna - it is an outdoor wedding and it's supposed to be 90 Saturday - UGH! I hope there is a good TV in the room LOL.