Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-04-20, 6:12pm
Skeptical Optimist

Thanks guys! I'm learning, coming along, nowhere near you folks yet... but someday!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-04-20, 9:35pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Toni - love the bones
Patrice - very pretty
Eric - love the new pendants you are doing

#K58
Old 2007-04-21, 3:58am

Wow, Chad....that's a ton of beads! I like the storage....
Patrice, niiiiccceee. I like the hummingbird best!
Toni, those bone are great. Hope you do well with them at your show.
Eric, love the pendant!!
In case anyone is wondering, those teeny balls I teased Bec about are the miniscule glass beads that I shared with her to use with electroforming....open up the top and those suckers fly everywhere, and I mean everywhere

Old 2007-04-21, 8:43pm

Wow, this boro showcase always FLOORS me! Mmmm eyecandy!

Here's a couple from muah!
Jo

Old 2007-04-22, 1:35am
Mandrel Slayer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
Here is a wierd pendant from this week. It has generated some new ideas that I want to try out tomorrow. The inside is Amazon bronze frit and the outside is amazon night or lagoon...which ever is more green in frit form.
Awesome............. I love the colors Eric

Bonny
Old 2007-04-22, 1:48am
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
I promise I'll have some pics after this weekend Maybe even during this weekend...depending on whether I can find a computer...
Waiting...tap, tap, tap...

Old 2007-04-22, 1:57am
Nah, not really...;)

Venesa, post your work!

Cosmo, you've been busy! Good luck w/ your show.
Toni, love your Ozzy bones, nice to see you posting.
Eric, I really like the 'sliced' pieces. This reminds me to get back to my flatlap.
Patrice, love the butterfly and bird, wow, sculpture is just outta my realm.
JoJo, that pendant is stellar. You go girlie!

Ok, I hope I haven't missed anyone...but I do miss the smiley's.

Old 2007-04-22, 6:50am
The Venerable Bead

I'm loving all the boro. here's another rose: the petals are cinnabar and carribean coral and the backing is sunset orange, the next one is a combo of silver fume, magic mirror and light cobalt and the last one is a spiral of tequila sunrise, dichroic and almond nugget
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-04-22, 6:59am

Paula, I love your floral implosions.

Jo, great implosion

#K58
Old 2007-04-22, 8:33am
Trying to Hope!

Wowo awesome everyone I expecially like the blue pendant but they all rock

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-04-22, 2:10pm

Paula, kick ass colors....
Jo
Old 2007-04-22, 2:22pm
The Venerable Bead

thanks jerri and jo

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-04-22, 2:37pm
juegues con fuego

A small set from me. These are going on ebay later tonight
Attached Images

Old 2007-04-23, 4:38am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

oh purty!!!!
Paula I love that pendant on the right ( the one with the glitter in it)
Jo wow you got some color in that first pendant girl! Lovely!
Suzanne

Old 2007-04-23, 7:22am

Hannah those are very pretty.

#K58
Old 2007-04-23, 7:54am

Hannah, very pretty. And thanks everyone.

Hey, I'm stoked... I couldn't wait for my marble mold to come in the mail so I just said the hell with it and made one anyways. So.... *drumroll please*....
Here is my very first marble I've ever made....... with no mold.
Yeah me!

2 views:

You'll get to know me and realize that when I get my mind stuck on something, I'm not satisfied until I do it... lol.

Comments welcome!
Jo
Old 2007-04-23, 7:54am

Oh, the colors.... It's violet Draconis and Magic Mirror (I can't get enough of that stuff!)
Old 2007-04-23, 7:56am

Sorry to be a gallery hog everyone. I had a productive weekend. lol

Jo
Old 2007-04-23, 7:59am

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
Oh man, you all posted some awesome stuff.

Sandree, how does the regalia/lynx compare to the lynx on tanked oxy? I am considering getting one of them in the furture.
Hi Eric...not me...I have a Barracuda with 2 concentrators and natural gas....

Sandy
Old 2007-04-23, 8:02am

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodTrailGlass View Post
Which pastel colors?
I have very inconsistent results with the pinks, peaches. I can do purple and blues pretty well... Even the citrus grapefruit will sometimes be nice and pink and other times be poopy. Maybe not keeping it hot enough? I just don't know. Also I anneal at 1050 mostly because I do a lot of blues and greens and I don't really want to deveop them in the kiln. Maybe with the pinks and peaches I do need to develop more in the kiln???

Sandy
Old 2007-04-23, 8:05am

Ashlea, I love your pendant and marble...love the wispy color in the marble!

Sandy
Old 2007-04-23, 8:12am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Jo that is one hell of a marble!!! I love it!

Old 2007-04-23, 8:40am

Thanks Suze... I'm just beside myself with delight. Now THAT'S the feeling that makes me want to run out and buy more glass. lol

Jo
Old 2007-04-23, 12:23pm

Thanks Sandy, I just love working with fuming!
Here's a few more things I've done over the last couple days.
The first pendant was a custom order, but I never heard back from the lady that I made it for, arghhh! Sometimes think I just shouldn't do the custom order thing. The last one is a ring, I usually worry about making rings, because they might break, but these kind are pretty tough.
Great job everyone, keep it coming!

Ashlea
Old 2007-04-23, 4:29pm

Jo, very nice!!!
Ashlea, love the ring, the pendants are nice too.

I made this last night for an exchange, but I have picked it up and enjoyed looking at it too much today. (I should never have taken it to work) I have to keep it for myself. Deep encased gunmounts, mint and crayon orange. It stands just over 2 1/2 inches and the stalk of the mushroom is about the size of a quarter. Started with a 6 mill. rod.

#K58
Old 2007-04-24, 4:01am
Serenity Now!

Beautiful work everyone!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-04-24, 5:30am

Hi Eric,

I have a lynx and regalia - I haven't tried the lynx with tanked oxy, so I can't say how it compares. It sure has plenty of heat with the regalia...not sure what you are used to -- but 'tis much, much better than what I had - midrange and 5LPM!

Sally
Old 2007-04-24, 6:39am
yukue fumei

WOW!!! So much yummy eye candy!!!
Sally--WOW--that is a gorgeous pendant!! Love it!
Sandy-your lentils are gorgeous! The leaf turned out real cool Beautiful shaping!
Ashlea-WOW! The jellyfish is out of this world! And I love your fuming work too! That custom pendant is to die for!
Wendy-the marble beads are cool--wear 'em or play with 'em! Love the idea!
Rebecca- that's a perfect set--how did you get them so perfect? Beautiful!
Chad--Oh my--that is a treasure trove! Yum!!
Toni-cool bones! love your work!
Eric-your pendants are so cool--the shapes are awesome but the coldworking takes it to another level!
Patrice-What Eric said--Wow--your sculptures are so nice! I love that you made a stand for your hummingbird too! That pendant glows!!!
Jo-OMG--the colors! The colors!!! WOW! And the marble is sooo cool--can't believe that you rounded it without a mold! AWEsome!!! Oh my and the turtle just rocks!!! WOOHOO!!
Paula--ooooh--yummy pendants! your flower pendnats are soooo cool!!! Love the colors!
Hannah-your set is yummy! Love the shape!!
Jerri- WOW--that is a really neat mushroom--nice colors! I can understand why you have to keep it for yourself! It's juicy!
Valerie--Val Val--your pinks are soo amazing!! Love love the sets!!! Wishing stones is my fave!!
Ahhhhh---I feel like i ate a good meal--thanks everyone THAT WAS YUMMY!!!!

nagi

Old 2007-04-24, 7:05am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmo View Post
Thanks Sandy, I just love working with fuming!
Here's a few more things I've done over the last couple days.
The first pendant was a custom order, but I never heard back from the lady that I made it for, arghhh! Sometimes think I just shouldn't do the custom order thing. The last one is a ring, I usually worry about making rings, because they might break, but these kind are pretty tough.
Great job everyone, keep it coming!

Ashlea
beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2007-04-24, 7:08am
Renee Weaver

AHHH, I am late for an appt. and here I am drooling over the S&T. I wanted to post my latest beads. Boro is such an adventure to me, these beads have all the same base color.