AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-08-10, 10:55am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

OMG, thank you all so much. I need to get a gazillion murrini pre-pulled packed and shipped for all of you who pre-ordered.

I am aiming to have the E-book released on Monday.

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2010-08-10, 11:14am
Shelarious

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Old 2010-08-13, 5:31pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Chrissy:

Thanks for posting pictures of your beautiful beads made with the murini. It looks awesome!

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-08-15, 3:53pm
Lover of all things color

Chrissy, those beads and murrini are so beautiful. I have some that I bought from you so I guess I should go down and see if can even put them on a bead...LOL

Can't wait for the tutorial

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2010-08-16, 12:27am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Slight delay in release. I was plannign to have teh last pictures taken this weekend. And edit them today and release the E-book. But my hubby had a set back and wasn't feeling really great. Al though he was willing to take the pictures i told him to stay in bed.

So please give me 1 more weekend to take the pictures and release the E-book.

I am sorry for the delay.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2010-08-16, 10:02am

I pre-ordered too! I bought your murrini, but have been afraid to mess 'em up. Now I'll have my own starter ones to mess with first. Thanks! It looks like it'll be fun!

elyart
Old 2010-08-16, 10:56am
I'm not Barbie.

I hope he feels better soon Chrissy!
Old 2010-08-16, 11:25am
Shelarious

Thanks for letting us know! I hope your husband feels better soon. There are some things more important than glass but not many.

Old 2010-08-16, 3:06pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Anything great is worth the wait

Old 2010-08-16, 4:43pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

No problem. Thanks for letting us know. Hope hubby feels better soon!

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-08-16, 5:06pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

I just pre-ordered mine too. Looking forward to working with this!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-08-23, 3:41pm

So, How's it coming, Chrissy?

elyart
Old 2010-08-24, 8:20am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

I think i am jinxed. First my husband wasn't feeling well and could no take the pictures.
Last week my oxycon died. It works 5 minutes and it shots off again.

So i have made some pictures but not all, as the flame setting is not what it should be.
( i think i could compare it with working on a minor with a 2 lpm oxycon )

So we are fixing the oxycon as we speak, we just got some parts in. And tomorrow will be the last picture taking day than it is down to editing the last part together.

And i will include a little extra in the E-book but it is a surprise

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2010-08-24, 9:57am

Oh Chrissy, that's just awful. Everytime I turn mine on I say a little prayer over it and tell it to be nice. I've had mine about three years. How old is your's? I just wonder how long they work.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2010-08-24, 11:26am
Dancing Moon Shadows

With Oxycons, it's more about the hours the machine on it, rather than the time. I read somewhere that they're rated for about 25K hrs? Then it has to be rebuilt or something.

I have 2, just in case!

Chrissy, I can't wait for your tute!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-08-24, 12:41pm

I'm saving up for one now just in case. Guess I should have kept better track of how may hours I've used it.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2010-08-24, 12:42pm
Hobby Junkie

Can you delay the pics until Friday so I can do the pre-order and get the murrini bonus??? I'm broke until then!

Old 2010-08-24, 2:52pm

Wow, Chrissy!
I think anyone who endeavors a tut. ia amazing anyway. But you go all out!

Sorry to hear about the oxycon and I hope it works for you soon. It sounds pretty frustrating. Kudos to you for your continued effort! May your flame burn brightly.

elyart
Old 2010-08-26, 8:45pm

Chrissy: I pre-ordered and paid with paypal, received a download site that doesn't seem to work and now I've lost it on my computer , because I tried again and it said I had exceeded my download try??? Maybe it isn't ready yet but I've probably screwed something up, would you let me know how to fix the problem. Thanks Dicrodi
Old 2010-08-26, 9:07pm

Dicrodi, I don't think it's ready to be downloaded yet. At least those of us who have pre-ordered it haven't gotten it yet.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2010-08-27, 6:26am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Thank you all for your understanding and patience.

I have 2 oxycons but i have a Knight Bullet with a split manifold. 1 oxycon works for small stuff. But for murrini it just takes to long to get it all melted.
And my oxy tank is empty and if i want to hook it up, i would need to take out the footpedal en redo the hoses.

My oxycon still is died as can be. It works 5 minutes gives beeps and shuts down.

BUT.... i have a new plan

I will work smaller on the murrini. ( smaller then i usually do ) Cause i just figured you will most likely be using it for private use anyways. So no real need to have large canes pulled. which is good for a mother load of murrini.

It will still take me some time to melt it all before i will be able to pull the cane. But it is possible.

Cori, no problem. You still have time to pre-order

Dicrodi, the download that you can not open is just a thank you note. As i am using instant download software i am obligated to have a download link.
You will all receive an e-mail when the e-book is ready for downloading

I hope you can all forgive me for havign you wait so long.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2010-08-27, 9:01am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Thanks for the update. Any idea when it will be ready? I am so anxious to get it (the tutorial).

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-08-27, 10:37pm
Tonbodama Murrini maker

I got an e-mail with a question about working smaller. So i decided to post my answer here as well.

Working smaller will not change anything in the design or style I will teach in the E-book.
I have a very large torch, and as I make my murrini for selling I work much bigger than an average lampworker.
So to give you an idea of size. My final blob of glass is like 3"wide and long ( or longer ) Ending with at least 10 rods of 12" each.

Instead I will work normal size nothing bigger than 1'5" diameter. Which will make 2 or 3 12"rods.

You will still get the pictures of all crucial steps. However I will not show how to pull stringers. As this should be something you already can.
All other canes and steps will be covered with pictures and step-by-step information.

Hope this explains the smaller size of working.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2010-08-30, 7:14pm

Best wishes on getting all the technology to work!! It's great when it works, but frustrating as heck when it breaks!!!! Can't wait!

Mary
Old 2010-09-01, 3:34am
Bonkers about glass.....

Can I still be included in the pre-order?
Hope you sort out the technology.
Old 2010-09-01, 8:13am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

yes you can.

All pictures are taken. It is down to editing the sizes including them in the pages. combine all pages in pdf and release it.

Release date: This Weekend !!!!!!!

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2010-09-05, 5:14am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

IT"S FINISHED!!!!

Everybody who pre-ordered received an e-mail. Apparently the settings in my download software will not let me change the file from docx to a PDF....

So you have a download link in the e-mail.

I also need your reply with address as it is not listed in the paypal payment. ( because it is a download file )

Thank you all for your patience!!!

|
|
|
|
|
|

Last edited by chrissy; 2010-09-05 at 5:27am.
Old 2010-09-05, 8:53am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Pm'd you - I prepaid 8/13 and didn't get your email.

Patsy

Ebay:

Last edited by killerbeedz1; 2010-09-05 at 9:10am.
Old 2010-09-05, 9:35am
Anyone need some spacers?

It's beautiful I read it and am ready to go down to the studio and get started. Thanks so much for taking the time to write the tutorial and then put up for the on going questions it is worth every penny I spent!

Old 2010-09-05, 9:40am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Thank you so much. I am waiting for your first murrini pics Tracy!!!!

Just some info i got questions about:

I cut mine like 4 to 5mm of the straight shouldered part so to speak.
I am sorry I forgotten to mention that. For me it comes naturally so I just forgot that this should be in the E-book.

I use the largest available cabochon mandrels i purchased mine from Noodlesaurus, they are called Mandrel punties i think.

Hope you all have fun at the torch.

|
|
|
|
|
|