Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2013-04-14, 4:16pm

Default May 2013 Soda Lime Times coming at midnight!

I am so excited about this month's Soda Lime Times! It's all about clear encasing with three great tutorials by Kris Schaible, Liz Bunn and Angie Gemsa (of Mitosis Glass). Kris wrote a tutorial about using intensely colored transparent frit and clear to get watery effects. Liz wrote her tutorial on making two versions of pleated silver glass encased beads. And Angie's tutorial is for one of her beautiful ocean beads.

Also in the May issue is our featured artist Vickie Lee, and article about the history of the Uroboros Glass Co., the Grubby Mitts Report with some great resources for encasing instruction and Tut Talk by Jenne Rebecca.

As always we have tons of eye candy, tips and techniques to share. If you are a subscriber, see you at midnight! If not, subscribing is easy and the issues are only $4.95 a month.

Here are photos of the tutorial beads in this issue:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-04-14, 4:29pm
Senior Moment

Ok, it's time for me to sign up and open a subscription. Except, how do I do that without a PayPal acct? Had one, don't want one.

Thanx
Alli

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-04-14, 4:34pm

Hi Alli, PayPal is our payment processor, so they will process your payments, but you can sign up with a credit card.

Also, we sell the back issues in my Etsy site for only $6.95 each and you can get them with a credit card. I even have some bundles at a discount.

Old 2013-04-14, 4:45pm
Senior Moment

Hrmm. I'm probably just confusing myself (as usual LOL) but the subscription page I am on offers 2 options to pay; both paypal options only.

this is cut n pasted from the subscription page under "Chose a Payment Method"
You need a PayPal account for this purchase.
I already have a PayPal account.
I need to create a PayPal account (where available). Learn more

The issue is I do not want PayPal to have any of my info. I am probably going to have to open an account up again in the future, but I'm trying to avoid letting them have any of my info as long as I can. Was not impressed the last time I had one. Is there any other option? Or am I just SOL?

Alli

Old 2013-04-14, 4:46pm
I think my raku is broken

I can't wait. The 15th is my favorite day of the month now.

Old 2013-04-14, 5:03pm

Sorry Alli, but for our subscriptions we go through PayPal. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but we chose to have them do the payment processing because of their security. Your private financial information is much safer with them than with us since we just don't have the security they do.

I think buying the back issues in my Etsy store would be a good option for you since you can use your credit card and do the direct check-out, never having to go through PayPal. I hope that will work for you.

Old 2013-04-14, 5:21pm
Senior Moment

LOL it'll work fine. Thing is my impetus for finally signing up is the May issue - it has techniques I've been trying to figure out!

When do you make the issues available for the masses?

Alli

Old 2013-04-14, 5:41pm

Our back issues go on sale the day the new issue comes out, so non-subscribers just have to wait one month.

If you'd like, PM me with your concerns about PayPal and maybe I can help. We work very closely with them and our experience has always been very good. I also have a few suggestions about PayPal security that will help you.

Meanwhile, if you'd like to try some new techniques, you can check out the Tutorial Photo Index we have on our home page. We have photos of every tutorial we've published since the first issue and hopefully something will catch your eye. At least enough to keep you busy until May 15th.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-04-14, 6:59pm
I think I could be a bead

I can hardly wait for tomorrow!!!!

Old 2013-04-14, 7:02pm

Thanks Mallory. April 15th isn't usually a day to look forward to. Glad I can make it a little bit better.

Old 2013-04-15, 6:19am

Received my copy. AWESOME! This is great for those having trouble with encasing. Thank you and to all that contributed to the issue.
Cherri
Old 2013-04-15, 6:55am
Loving learning

Thank you for mentioning that the Etsy issues can be purchased without PayPal, I"ll go check them out this afternoon!
Old 2013-04-15, 6:38pm

Another great issue, Diane. And another THANK YOU for the wonderful book ("Glass Bead Trip") that I won in your most recent contest. I received it today and it is such a (very) generous prize!

Thanks!

Mimi
Old 2013-04-15, 7:53pm

Absolutely love the May issue! Thank you Diane. I look forward to SLT every month. It is the best investment/subscription I have!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-04-15, 10:19pm

the may issue is awesome thanks for letting me be a part of it

#C-151
Old 2013-04-16, 4:57am

Hi Diane! I signed up on April 12, but did not receive the latest issue, was not billed either? Can you bill me and send me the May issue? My email is

Thanks!!

Susan
Old 2013-04-16, 5:33am
Echo's Mother

April 15th took forever to get here. SLT has become my favorite magazine.
Old 2013-04-16, 7:49pm
Echo's Mother

Fun, fun, fun issue. Can't wait to try the techniques - especially the dilution.
Old 2013-04-17, 8:17pm

Best issue yet. Can't wait to try some of these techniques!

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Old 2013-04-20, 11:36am

Thanks so much everyone. I am always amazed at the talent we have in this community!

Old 2013-04-20, 12:01pm
Keep on keepin' on...

I was just curious why I'm not getting my issue in my email? Or maybe I'm confused and it doesn't come to your email and you have to go to the site and get it? I signed up on the 19th, so my payment comes out on the 19th. Its been paid but no issue....

Thanks for your help with this!

Old 2013-04-22, 10:23am

Hi Brandy, We do send out a courtesy email with a link to the new issue on the 15th, but the issue is always available on our website throughout the month. Just log in with your username and password and you'll see the link for the current issue.

If you subscribed on the 19th you should have received an email immediately after you finished the subscription process telling you how to get the issue, unless you exited the page before that field had a chance to load. I'm glad you let me know so I can help.

If you'll go now and sign in you should be able to get the May issue. If you can't, please email me at diane at sodalimetimes.com and I'll make sure you get the current issue.

Just an FYI for anyone with questions about how we deliver the magazine: we load it onto our website and make it available throughout the month. Our email is really just a courtesy reminder that it's there, but you can access it any time that is convenient for you and then save it to your own computer , iPad or thumb drive so you'll always have it. We replace the old issue with the new one on the 15th. So it really isn't delivered by email; which is good since you don't have to have an email to get your issue.

We also have some great FAQs on our website that gives detailed answers to many common questions. We want to make the Soda Lime Times easy to get, easy to read and easy to afford.

Thanks so much!

Diane

Old 2013-05-01, 8:19pm

Hi Diane,

This has been my favorite issue since signing up. I love them all, and have so much fun and learn so much, but this one especially fired up my torch time! Thank you and your contributors so much for writing great articles, wonderful tutorials, and especially to you and Paul for all your hard work, and yet still keeping the magazine a very reasonable price.

Janice
Old 2013-05-01, 8:51pm

Sorry, tried to sign up but Paypal account is currently limited (it's what happens when you order glass stuff from eastern European countries occasionally) and their customer service has been a nightmare to get lifted. 4h+ call wait time the other weekend. Wish you had different processor options. Maybe someday I'll get it cleared but I pretty much don't like paypal now since they can majorly inconvenience me at their whim and have lousy CS.

LE members enjoy a 10% discount with coupon code "LEmember"
Old 2013-05-03, 7:15pm

Thank you,Diane , for a wonderful issue!

I love that I can put it into my ipad library and enjoy SLT's with lunch.

Can't wait until next month,

Joan
Old 2013-05-03, 8:34pm

Thank you Diane for including me in your magazine, you do such an amazing job. I didn't know how to really do a formal tutorial, but if your readers have any questions, as SLT readers, I will be happy to answer them. The tutorials that were shown were fantastic and helpful for anyone wanting to learn encasing.
Respectfully,
Vickie

My website:

Old 2013-05-04, 9:15am

Thanks again for the kind comments. The SLT is a collaborative effort each and every month, and I am always so happy when readers tell me they learned something new from an issue. I've always felt if I can come away with one thing I can use in my work I've hit pay dirt!

Vickie, it was an honor to feature you in the May issue. Thanks for offering to answer questions. Encasing is like riding a bike...once you get it, it sticks. But getting the feel for it is something that just takes practice.

BTW, I started a thread awhile back in the Gallery for photos of beads made from SLT tutorials. If anyone has any to share, the thread is still there...somewhere.

Old 2013-05-06, 1:16pm
Co-owner

Diane, Even though we do not sell soda lime glass I have several clients that are glass-promiscuous (Robin Foster's term). As a service to them I would like to share a link to your magazine on our website.Can you email me the link you prefer to share?

Thanks.

Robert

PHONE: (385) 237-3365
OXYGEN 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0575
LAMPWORKING 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0576
Old 2013-05-06, 1:52pm

Thanks Robert, It's

From that link people can get a free sample issue before they subscribe so they can see what the magazine is like.

Old 2013-05-17, 6:50pm
Keep on keepin' on...

I forgot to save my may issue
Can you tell me how I can get it? I tried to go onto the site but I'm only seeing a link to purchase the may issue.

Thank you for your help!