No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2016-05-19, 7:36pm
Fried Cat

Default Name me a color

I use Pale Opal Yellow for these. I'm almost out. So I need to go in a different direction.

Ivory is too dark. Pale Opal Yellow gets that way if I strike it more than once, but the palest of pale opal yellow stays a true butter cream color fairly easily.

Buffy may be too dark. I'm considering Gaffer Glass egg color. I don't really want to go lower than 96 because it's stiff and I think the softness of 104 is what makes these so fluid and malleable when I shape the glass. Even after it solidifies, I can add curvature and movement to the petals. I don't know if Bullseye will give the same look. But I would consider it.

Streaky is okay, as long as the streaky isn't dark.
If I could find 10 pounds of Vetro Ivory, I'd be on it in a heartbeat but unfortunately I have a kid to put through college... out of state tuition at that. *sigh*
Attached Images

Old 2016-05-19, 7:43pm
Fried Cat

CIM Coconut Milk seems to be a leading candidate. And I'm going to eyeball CIM Foam.

But I'm open to others. Wide open.
I still want to make calla lilies, jasmine, gardenias, stephanotis, and white roses. I have a plan forming.

Not-entirely white whites.
Old 2016-05-19, 11:16pm
Corgi Cult Member

Have you checked out the Olympic Color Rod site? I use a lot of Uroboros (System96) and love it. It works up smooth and problem free. I use almond but am lukewarm on it compared to 104 ivories. They also have Champagne that I haven't tried but plan to order next time. Shawnette might be able to say how that one works since she also uses Uroboros.

There are also some other 96 possibilities in Reichenbach like Florence. I haven't worked with that one to know if it devits like the white.

It's such a shame you can't find a steady supply of the light opal yellow because it works perfectly in your flowers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2016-05-20, 1:22am
I like to melt things

You can try Reichenbach Porcelain or Effetre Wood. They're both bone-coloured opaques, although the Wood gets a sheen in the flame. I love both colours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
Old 2016-05-20, 1:52am

If you are friends with Angie Ramey on Facebook, she has a great photo album of 96 test beads. It looks to me like Reichenbach Extra Light Beige would be worth trying.